My Favorite Maternity Dress

​

Surprisingly one of my favorite types of dresses during pregnancy has been body con. I say surprisingly because this is not typically my style and who knew I’d want to show the bump off so much? (Of course you kind of reach a point of pregnancy that you’ve got no choice.) during Anniversary Sale (see ya next year old friend) I picked up these two in the plum and grey. But I found this one before Anniversary Sale and such a good price. It’s more of a jersey — so silky! I’ve been wearing it non stop these days because I’m down to just a few things fitting. Lord knows 3 of those things are yoga pants. (PS — my favorite maternity purchases is an upcoming post!)
I picked a few of my favorite body con dresses below, for the pregnant and non-pregnant alike.
I’m also all about layering with these slouchy cardigans. This one is Madewell and it’s a bit oversized but I can’t wait come fall to really layer it up well. I was wearing this the other day (I’m in that complicated relationship right now with the air conditioner — I need it on me at all times or I melt and also I’m cold.) and my mom asked if it was cardigan weather outside. I don’t know if she was throwing shade or generally wondering if it was not super hot out. I’m only fully committed to the body con with a layer — a cardigan, kimono or button down over it as well. I like to leave some things to the imagination πŸ˜‰ and hopefully your imagination is really kind.
This is probably one of my last style posts with baby in! I’ve past my due date so send all the baby vibes this way!

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

Shop the post:

1. Cynthia says:

The waiting game isn’t fun. My daughter arrived at 40 weeks plus 8 days! I did everything from eating spicy food, drinking oienapole juice, hiking up mountain’s to painting, baking and preggy yoga.

Can’t wait to meet your bundle of joy.

Ps – best labour advise – breathe and get though ONE c.o.n.t.r.a.c.t.i.o.n at a time.

08.09.17 · Reply
  2. La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

The dress looks so comfortable and chic looking. It’s a beautiful look! πŸ™‚

πŸŒΈπŸƒLA BIJOUX BELLA πŸŒΈπŸƒ| By Mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

08.09.17 · Reply
  3. Kim says:

You look beautiful in this kind of dress! And good luck!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me – summer pastels!

08.09.17 · Reply
  4. I love you in the body con maternity dresses. This outfit is gorg!

08.09.17 · Reply
  5. Natali says:

Such a pretty and comfy maternity dress! I loved wearing body con dresses when I was pregnant too. πŸ™‚

08.09.17 · Reply
  6. Sarah says:

Best of luck to you Kendi!! Being a mommy is amazing xo

08.09.17 · Reply
  7. Corrie Kreisel says:

Good luck! You look gorgeous! I love being a month behind you so I can get ideas. πŸ™‚

08.09.17 · Reply
  8. Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

08.09.17 · Reply
  9. Kristian says:

I kept wanting to try the bodycon look, but my husband kept saying it didn’t seem work appropriate…. and late in the game, I found out it was because he thought they were too sexy! Lol.

I love this color on you and sending you all the baby vibes! Happy Times meeting your new family member πŸ˜€

08.09.17 · Reply
  10. Erika says:

Why *wouldn’t* you want to show off the bump?! You’ll miss it when she’s born, it feels good to have them on the outside but a little weird! I lost my daughter Rosie last November at 2 months old and I love looking back on my pregnancy photos; I loved being pregnant so much- it was rough past my due date though (10 days past!). Hope you have your beautiful baby in your arms soon!

08.09.17 · Reply
    • Megan says:

I am so sorry for your loss, Erika. What a beautiful name for your little.

08.10.17 · Reply
  11. Kendall says:

Love the outfit, and can’t wait to see photos of Baby Skeen!

Kendall

08.10.17 · Reply
  12. librarirun/Katrina says:

Kendi – I’ve been following you for a long time and I just want to wish you the best with your pregnancy (as well to B) and for this next adventure in your life. And for kicks, I hope that when or if I ever get pregnant, I look as beautiful as you!

Can’t wait to meet the new mini-Kendi πŸ™‚

Take care,
    Katrina

08.10.17 · Reply
    • librarirun/Katrina says:

Also – forgot to mention – the bodycon Liz Lange maternity dresses from Target I’ve been living in for work. I know I’m not pregnant, but you can’t even tell. I size up one so they are a bit looser and I love ’em! You look great in them!

08.10.17 · Reply
  13. Megan says:

This is such a good outfit and totally makes me regret not buying the sweater when it was on sale in my size at Madewell. I do that all the time! Oh well. Sending you all the positive baby vibes!!

08.10.17 · Reply
  14. You are so sweet Kendie! Your bump is adorable. You’re radiating! I looooove the idea of always pairing a bodycon dress with another layer (flannel is a great idea!)

08.12.17 · Reply