Little Red Stripes

Well since the cat’s out of the bag, it makes it a little bit easier to post outfits without trying to hide my incoming bump. That is a trick, my friends. I will say though, thank you for your patience with me in the last few months and coming months. Pregnancy and I are trying our best to get along, but so far it’s going as well as my potluck roommate in college (we don’t talk now if you are wondering). So if there are days of silence, I’m probably just trying to figure out this new stage of life. Feel free shoot me a little comment / instagram / tweet/ whatever with a ย word of encouragement if you don’t mind. I’m hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m into my second trimester now and I’m trying my best to find things that work with pregnant ladies and non-pregnant ladies. This top is actually perfect for that. If you likeย pina coladas and loose fitting tops, this one is for you. I noticed some of the sizes are selling out at Nordstrom fast so I’ve found another one here too. Don’t size up — it’s loose fitting and perfect. Also if you add a scarf to it, the look is so perfectly chic.

Also one other change I’ll mention — I’m going to link my maternity jeans but also a pair of non-maternity that I love and would wear if I could. So in my links you’ll see both! I actually don’t ever want to give up maternity jeans, they are the most comfortable thing ever. More on this later, I’m sure.

Update: Ack! It looks like this top sold out at Nordstrom but is still available at Shopbop and on sale! I also love this one!ย

Shop the post:

Editor's Notes:

PS: I’ve been loving these Madewell heels! The heel is a block heel so they are easy to walk in plus they don’t rub! Long live comfortable heels.

1. La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Simply beautiful in casual stripes! ๐Ÿ™‚

โคLA BIJOUX BELLAโค | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

2. Josefin M says:

Beautiful style, you look stunning! x

3. Natali says:

Mama, you’re looking adorable in this outfit! Lovely, Parisienne chic like look!

4. Lauren says:

I am obsessed with this entire outfit! I’m pretty sure I need that tee now!!

By Lauren M

5. Jenn says:

I did not enjoy being pregnant. At all. So don’t feel bad if you’re not rubbing the belly in front of a field of golden flowers while staring contentedly into the distance. I did it three times in total and three times I wondered why I agreed to go through with it at all. (Hint: it’s the baby, that part is really freaking amazing). Alternately, if ALL you want to do is stand in front of that field and contemplate the miracle of creating life I won’t judge. It’s pretty cool and weird and amazing and you’re doing it!

Time has a way of wearing down the edges of “morning sickness” and fatigue and heartburn and leaving the really cool things in sharper perspective (LITTLE HICCUPS). Even if you’re not loving every second right now you’ll get though it one day at a time and may even look back at morning sickness with fondness. Okay, I lied about that last part but I hope I made you feel a little better.

6. Marta says:

That’s a really gorgeous outfit!

7. Jessica McDowell says:

I’ve been reading your blog for a few years and cannot tell you how excited I am that we are pregnant at the same time (I’m due in late august). Excited to see what style you come up with as your body changes!!!

8. Liz says:

Hang in there mama! I was SUPER sick for the entirety of both my pregnancies but it just *poof* goes away the second that little baby arrives! It’s amazing! I was legit concerned I would resent the babes for making me so miserable but I promise that doesn’t happen ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Gwen says:

Congratulations, Kendi! And hang in there! I mean, my mom once admitted to me that one of her pregnancy cravings was white wine… you can’t possibly do any worse than that! Being pregnant must be so weird and wonderful at the same time. GOOD LUCK! And also, psst, Madewell does maternity jeans now.

• Kendi Everyday says:

I saw that!!! I’m gonna have to take the plunge and try them!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Also the white wine craving — ahaha. I’m cry-laughing over here!

02.19.17 · Reply
  10. MARTA says:
  11. Kristian says:

You look great!

12. Marjorie says:

Love this casual navy look!

13. Liv says:

Red stripes certainly make a statement!

Liv

livforstyle.net

02.16.17 · Reply
  14. Being pregnant was not the easiest for me, but what most people told me is true; there is a day you will miss it and think that it flew by. Probably not your husband, though:) My 4 month old son is perfection and worth all those days that I couldn’t find the will to even get off the couch (coming from a woman who hasn’t sat down in 30+ years). WORTH IT.

15. Kelly McGee Read says:

Oh, I just had to post. I’ve been quietly enjoying your blog for years and I’m so so SO happy about your big news.
    You will be a beautiful, fun and fantastic mom! Everyone knows it and we cant wait to see it….and I really miss your snaps, by the way.

16. nat says:

gorgeous outfit
    love your mules
    x

17. Linda Z says:

Way to go embracing the maternity jeans. I used to try and “let my jeans out” with a hair band to wear normal jeans as long as I could. When I realized how comfortable the maternity ones were, I wished I had just worn them sooner!

• Kendi Everyday says:

AMEN GIRL. I did the rubber band trick until about two weeks ago and I was like you know what? This is for the birds. I’m buying maternity jeans and don’t even care if I need them yet. Best decision ever. ๐Ÿ™‚

02.19.17 · Reply
  18. Mica says:

Pregnancy is hard! You are literally creating an entire person from scratch! Please don’t feel bad at all – take all the time you need. It’s definitely a miracle, but it can also be incredibly exhausting and not the picture-perfect glowing through every day we sometimes see. Pregnancy hormones make everything different. Do what you need to make things as easy for yourself at this time as possible – and don’t worry if that looks like different things on different days. You’ve got this, you can do it!
    I was always glad I rested as much as possible early on in my pregnancies as when nesting hit I never wanted to sit still, there was so much I wanted to do!

You are still looking stylish as ever. Hope you have a great weekend and this comment was the kind of encouraging note you were looking for ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re doing an awesome job Kendi!

Away From The Blue Blog

02.17.17 · Reply
    • Kendi Everyday says:

Oh my goodness, thank you for this!! You made me tear up a little ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m finally coming around to realizing that your body is just gonna do what it’s gonna do when making a little tiny human — so I’m trying to embrace it! Your words are so encouraging, so thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

02.19.17 · Reply
  19. I LOVE this getup! How darn cute are you! This is making me so excited for the warmer weather that’s (hopefully) right around the corner in Boston ๐Ÿ˜‰

02.17.17 · Reply
  20. Rachael says:

LOVE this outfit, stripes and a trench are such a classic combination ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

02.17.17 · Reply
  21. Congrats again! I can only imagine what a change it is! I’m sure it will take some time to get used to, but you look fabulous and chic as ever! Love this Parisian look!

xo Bryn

02.17.17 · Reply
  22. Oh! the scarf just caps off this very Parisian-style outfit. Love how you’ve put together a look of classic pieces – trench, striped shirt, jeans, mules – all must-have pieces in any closet. Thanks for sharing! (By the way did not even know you were pregnant until I read the post – congratulations, looking great).

City Style and Living The Editors Notebook | Instagram

02.17.17 · Reply
  23. karen w says:

exciting! pregnancy can be hard.. especially on the closet. but babies are so much fun! looking forward to your maternity and post baby looks!

02.18.17 · Reply
  24. Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

02.18.17 · Reply
  25. Courtney says:

After I read “If you like pina coladas…,” I couldn’t get the song out of my head. ๐Ÿ™‚ And yes, I do. Cute outfit!

02.18.17 · Reply
  26. Christine Kron says:

As a mother of two, I can verify the amazing comfort of maternity jeans. And you will wear them for a while even AFTER delivery!

02.20.17 · Reply
  27. R says:

Hey Kendi! Really late to the party, so I don’t even know if you’ll read this anymore. I’ve been reading the blog since before the Shopgirl Era but never really got to comment. I’m so happy for you and I’m sure you’ll make a great mom, with your amazing sense of humor. Just hang in there, just 5 (?) more months and you’ll have a brand new baby to play with!
    Hugs