Pale Pastels

posted on: 3/01/2013

3.01.13-3 3.01.13-2 3.01.13-1 3.01.13-4 3.01.13-5

I can always tell when I have a busy week at the shop and I've neglected snapping outfit shots because I get texts from friends asking if I'm okay. So just so you know, I am okay just busy. But not the kind of busy that you want to brag about to people, no it's the kind of busy that no one cares to hear about. You know when you have one of those week's at work and you are just swamped and everywhere you turn there is something else on your plate? And you talk to your friends on the phone or at happy hour you are trying to tell them or really anyone who is listening just how busy you are and then people stop listening after 30 seconds because it's boring? That's the kind of busy I am right now. Did you want to hear about data entry and editing photos for a new collection? No? Well then I shall lie to you and tell you I've been filming a movie this week and that is why the lack of outfits. Just so busy. Miss you, love you.

I don't want to be one of those people that constantly wishes for the next season to start, but honestly this outfit serves the purpose of willing spring to happen. I have this one dress that I'm dying to wear but it's just still too cold for bare legs and I will be damned if I put tights on again. But today I don't care if it's still chilly outside, I will dress for spring. The downside to this choice is that it's chilly outside and my sweater has holes in it. This might have been a wrong move. And by might I mean definitely.

____________________
Sweater: Similar (in white)
Jeans: Bloom
Shoes: Similar (mine are c/o Sole Society)
Bag: Similar
Necklace: Anthropologie

1. Super cute. This is one of my favorite color pallets! And I have been working on taxes (blerg) so I know what you mean.. As soon as I say the word 'taxes', my friends zonk out. Not blaming them.

2. Natali KarppinenMarch 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Great necklace and knit! Love the colors in this outfit!

3. I LOVE pastels on you! Oh my gosh Kendi this outfit is just so YOU!
    www.theadoredlife.com

4. I can tell that you're ready for Spring!

5. I love it!  Great color palette.  I am *that* kind of busy right now too, and I'm right there with ya on the boring factor.  Er, I mean...the movie I'm filming is going to be divine.  Simply divine.

www.puttingmetogether.com

6. love all your outfits and especially this one! happy weekend!

7. I am totally with you on the "dressing-for-spring-even-though-it-isn't" philosophy.  Darn the snow!  Love this soft mix of colors - looks so pretty on you :)

www.pennypincherfashion.com

8. One of my all time color combo: soft pink + minty green, so roccoco!

9. Really pretty colors/shades on you.

I follow several fashion blogs and just to let you know how unboring you are, yours is the only one I actually READ.  :)  I think you have the funnest ways of telling stories.  You always make me smile.  Thanks for that.

10. Beautiful outfit!  I especially like the little burst of yellow in the necklace.

Kim

11. Magda PomichowskiMarch 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I love this look, its so fresh and feminine.

Happy Friday!
    Mags

12. Cute top, so feminine.

13. Love the colors! Well done. And it's ok to wish for spring - we all are!!!

xo Nina
    Afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

14. Love the blush colored top, it looks so feminine and pretty!

15. Please pretty please do a tutorial on how you do/curl your hair! It's always so flawlessly beautiful!!

16. You look lovely and love the background choice!

17. i have those same shoes but Pour La Victoire! love them and this sweet outfit!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

18. Kendi,
    How do you get your lovely locks so PERFECTLY curled? Can you share your secrets with us? Love your blog, as always. xoxo

19. I love this color combo - I have light pink jeans and I feel like now I MUST find a mint-ish sweater to wear with it.
    See Mo Go.

20. Wow I love what you're wearing. I would never be brave enough, I love the combination.

21. It's a cute sweater, just try not thinking about how chilly it is. Spring seems like it will never come to Texas!

22. Please will spring to happen! Love the slightly edgy touch of the yellow bauble! Perfect touch!
    Trendy Mondays - online destination for Indie European designers

23. I hope your busy week slows down! Love this Spring look! I keep wearing Spring things in hopes that will change the weather to fit. Hasn't worked yet....but I'm still holding out hope!

Blessings!
    Star
    www.beautyandbows.com

24. so nice :)

25. love your top! pastels always reminds me that spring is just around the corner!

26. You look so pretty in pastels, so feminine and sweet!

27. I can never get enough of pastels and I love the way you incorporated the two pastels together. It makes me think of spring and warmth! Outfit snapshots are always so great to see and such an inspiration for my own outfits day to day. StyleUp helps with that by sending users a daily e-mail with the weather forecast and an idea for an outfit that suits the weather. Pretty neat, if you ask me!

28. Super fresh look & don't worry your not alone I can't wait for spring to be here. I'm ready for less layers lol! Have a good wknd!

xo,eelsaywww.theluxuryrehab.com

29. Loving this look! It makes me SO excited for spring.

The Purse Snatcher

30. So sweet in pastels! Adore those little nude wedges, perfect spring shoe! Hope you have a little break this weekend dear!

Cee. ♥

31. I love how you added the bright necklace to the pastel outfit!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.comwww.daisyraeboutique.com

32. We've had summer temps in Florida the past few weeks. The last few weekends were spend by the pool and at the beach soaking up the sun, but not this weekend. It's going to be in the 60's, which is so strange. My brain and body gets so confused with the weather constantly changing from Summer-Spring-Winter all within a few days but I am going to welcome this weather and hopefully wear my winter clothes for the last time this season.

33. Your hair looks gorgeous against those light pastels!
    www.teachinstyle.com

34. I love your outfit. That Kensie sweater is beautiful.

www.glitterarygirl.blogspot.com

35. So puuuuuurty! Loving that little dash of yellow :)

36. So soft and pretty.  I just bought that Anthro necklace too.  :)
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

37. Love the pale colors! And that necklace just brings this outfit to the next level!
    ~Jessica

38. You're not alone on willing spring to happen! I painted my toenails neon pink and wore flip-flops... not exactly the smartest move but I am just SO ready.

Also?

When I saw this outfit my heart went pitter-patter. L.O.V.E

39. We must all have spring fever. I took pictures of my fruit trees today, just loving the sight of spring in the air. The totally adorable mint pastel combo is so sweet looking. You just gave me inspiration to put my winter clothes away... Thanks.

julie xoxo

40. Loving the spring colors! :)

xo – Sheila

Win
    a $30 Target giftcard!!

41. Such a lovely pastel outfit! It really suits you. Hope the weather warms up for you soon :)

Away From The Blue

42. Love that necklace and how it adds to your outfit!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

43. Pale pastels are SO hard to pull off, but you did beautifully! Gorgeous, Kendi.

xxoo. Molly

44. One of my favorite looks from you! I love the bright yellow with the pale pastels.

45. So pretty! Also excited for spring!! Sunshine mostly :)
    FashionEdible Blog

46. Kendi, this is such a gorgeous outfit and I love your bright and vibrant pictures! Thanks for always sharing such great outfits with us, it makes me so happy :)

christy

Sunnywithasideof...

47. Love this look so much!

Shannonhttp://GBOfashion.com

48. Very spring-y!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

49. LOve how the necklace pops in this outfit!

50. Love this jumper on you. The detail is beautiful!

www.expressionthrustyle.com

51. I'm looking forward to spring too... but I live in Scotland and it's impossible to dress for spring in this weather!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

52. Love this outfit, but especially the sweater! I love how the knit is different on the sleeve. Definitely a fantastic transition piece.

Have a great weekend!Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

53. Love the pastel color!! Reminds me of spring :)

[ www.parisundiscovered.com ]

54. This is a very sweet outfit. I totally understand what you are talking about too. There are days I really want to just complain about the mondain things that I have to do in life, but I know no one wants to hear about them. That's why there is a blogging world, you can just put it out there and press send. It helps a little bit.

55. Great spring picks! I am really into crochet right now!

Amber

56. Love the pastel colours!Nice outfit!

57. I love the powdery pastel hues, so dreamy!
    Hope you can get your plate at least somewhat cleared!

58. Anca Madalina BaboiMarch 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Amazing colors! So fresh! I love the sweater and necklace!

Many kisses!

Mamalina

59. Hahah I am definitely willing spring to happen these days. It's just such a tease once we hit March. I love the blush and mint combination in this look!

-Erin-OneTwoSummer

60. As per usual, your outfits are fantastic!!
    ShereeThe Hartungs Blog thehartungs.blogspot.ca

61. I really like this outfit. I've been having those busy weeks with work. I imagine that your work is a bit more fun than my healthcare job.

Method Clothe

62. i love pastel outfits this season. they remind me that in a few month summer will be here ^_^

63. Meghan OuelletteMarch 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I've certainly been dressing with the intention of willing spring to come. And when I do... it snows. count your blessings.

~Meg
    msmayg.blogspot.com

64. My favorite part of your outfit is the tiny teeny 1/2 tuck of your shirt. :) Can't wait for spring!

65. so pretty and spring ready!

66. Ahoj, ráda bych tě pozvala na svůj blog :). Předem podotýkám, že mi nejde o reklamu, ale o to, aby se o problematice, které se na svém webu věnuju, dozvědělo co nejvíce lidí a poučilo to tak laickou veřejnost, která je většinou jen plna předsudků. Blog je věnován poruchám příjmu potravy a hlavně boji s těmito nemocemi. Nehodlám se řadit k thinspo nebo podobným komunitám. Na blogu najdeš i trochu z cesty mým životem, každodením bojem s PPP, ale také spoustu rad a tipů týkajících se kosmetiky, fotek, článků o mně samé, beauty vychytávky, recenze, recepty, které nikde jinde nenajdeš a mnoho dalšího. Kdyby tě blog zaujal, budu moc ráda, když zanecháš komentář nebo se můžeš stát dalším z mých ctěných "followers". Budu se moc těšit na tvou návštěvu a přeji krásný zbytek dne. Andie :)*

www.andie-chambers.blogspot.cz

67. Great necklace!

68. VERY pretty mix of pastels...it's so soft and springy! And that sweater especially...it's really amazing, love the open weave and mix of textures.
    <3 Cambriajupefashion.blogspot.com

69. Such a cute outfit! Looks super comfy too!

xoxo Olga

70. Mint! I've decided it owns me now. And I kind of like it.

Carmen
    www.sixthandolive.blogspot.com

71. Wow, I love these colors on you. You look amazingly gorgeous here. The color of the sweater and the mint jeans go perfectly together. I need some mint jeans! haha

72. I am also wishing spring to come!

-Haley-
    haleyvalerie.blogspot.com

73. Catherine Lea AndersonMarch 4, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I love the head to toe pastel...now if only spring would hurry up and get here!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

74. Aurélie as mounetteMarch 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM

So pretty look, I love those colors!
    kissAuréliewww.lespetitesbullesdemavie.blogspot.com

75. I love this sweater!! I have it in a burnt orange. I'm obsessed.

xo, Naomi