Pintentions

posted on: 3/26/2013

3.26.13-5 3.26.13-2 3.26.13-3 3.26.13-4 3.26.13-1

Can we talk about Pinterest for a second? When it first happened I was like 'this is amazing! so much inspiration in one place!" And I would pin sparingly, here and there, things that I loved. But now I'm like a Pinterest hoarder -- I pin all the time with no intention of making those DIY's or those recipes. I just want to hoard those good ideas for the one day that I will have time and supplies to make things. Or rather when I will have talent and skill to make these things. Time is easy to find, motor skills on the other hand not so much. I do this with outfits as well -- I love pinning cute outfits with the hope of recreating them and then...I don't. But I would like to commend myself on at least matching the colors to this outfit pin from Blair. That's a step above from my typical late-night-zombie-pinterest-hoarding-with-no-intention-to-do-anything-with-it-style of pinning. Baby steps, you guys. Baby steps. Maybe one day I'll make this 12 layer cookie cake.

Just kidding. That will never happen.

_________________________
Jacket: Bloom
Tank: Similar
Skirt: Similar at J.Crew Factory
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Spike Bracelet: c/o Stella & Dot
Heels: Nine West

1. I've been thinking the same thing! I pin tons of things because I think I'll eventually want them, but I never go back to actually do them. I have decided to go back and start actually trying out some of the many things I've pinned.

2. I am totally the same... but I've actually started tackling some of the recipes I've pinned... working my way through them has been very satisfying!

xo, alison*elle

3. Anca Madalina BaboiMarch 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I totally agree with you on the outfit pins...I do the same thing!

Lovely look you're displaying today, Kendy! Stripes and that amazing skirt! Perfect!

Mamalina

4. LOVE this outfit. so chic and current. have the shoes...aren't they super comfy? Nine West is my go-to!

xo Andrea
    www.sophisticatedsass.com

5. Samantha @Blissfully BossyMarch 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Love the outfit! I would wear every piece of it! I agree about Pinterest -- I don't know who is making crazy projects, but I do a more pinning than actual making! :)

6. Great bag and jacket!

7. cuuuuuute! I love Pinterest more and more each day. It's ridiculous. And amazing!

And hey-ho! Ye-olde-pencil-skirt-Kendi is back! Woo hoo! Long time no pencil skirt lady! After reading your blog for so long a pencil skirt in J.Crew always reminds me of you!

8. This outfit is adorable - love the neon skirt with the black and white. I'm also a HUGE pinterest fan. I mostly use it for recipes, but I'm using it more for outfits these days too.

9. I do the same exact thing as you - but whatever, at least we'll have a chock full of pretty pictures to look at. Also - am OBSESSED with this outfit - you just look so sleek and chic and adorable!

10. i think this in my absolute favorite outfit of yours!! so in love!! X www.dippedinyellow.blogspot.com

11. loving the blazer!!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

12. Haha I know what you mean! I did have a heavy love for pencil skirts in the first few years, didn't I? For some reason I feel like spring is the ultimate pencil skirt time. This probably makes no sense except for in my head. ;)

13. Yes!! I actually couldn't believe that they were comfortable. Maybe it's the heel height? Either way, such a good purchase.

14. Style & PoiseMarch 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Great color combo and i love that blazer! Totally inspired by this look...will be re-creating!
    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

15. Oh Kendi I totally agree! I have at least 3 chocolate layer cake recipes I know I will never get to. The outfits are great inspiration though! Use those more than anything! Love yours!

www.prettyplainjanes.com

16. Sounds like I need to start pinning more. I don't do it often at all.

Great striped outfit. My next outfit post just happen to be black and white stripes too.

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

17. Umm...obsessed with your jacket! Love the contrast sleeves. Great outfit, Kendi :) Hope you get to fulfill some of your pins soon!

18. Ahh, I love pinterest - so addicted! Great outfit, too; that shirt goes great with the jacket, and I love your shoes!!

19. Haha we should form a Pinterest addicts support group.

20. I know exactly what you mean. I think I've tried one recipe out of so many I have pinned. And I am a style hoarder ; I don't even own any of the pieces to put together similar outfits, I just keep hoping one day I will. :)

21. Love it! Someday I'll make that sweet potato avocado burger with garlic aioli!

glitterandgapske.blogspot.com

22. I know what your're talking about! I'm crazy about Pinterest and pin everything that's making my heart beat a little faster and my voice squeak louder!

And again, this is a wonderful outfit!

greetz from Germany!

23. I love your style!!

www.serendipitystyle7.blogspot.com

24. Love the bright skirt, you look adorable.

GIVEAWAY on the blog

25. LOVE this cute outfit. Your blazer and skirt are adorable. And sometimes you pin just to get color combo ideas, right!? :)

26. I lovvvvve this! The black/white/citron combo is so gorgeously fun! And speaking of pinterest, I'm going to go pin this immediately! ;)

27. Ooh that blazer is great Kendi!

28. :) this looks super sharp and love blair's color combos. she has impeccable style, as do you

kw ladies in navy

29. I love the structure look with the pop of yellow! And that bracelet has been on my wishlist for a while... ;)

xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

30. Love the color of the skirt, it is beautiful!

31. lovely outfit !
    www.thestyletographer.com

32. love the cut and colour of the skirt!

33. love the color of the skirt and the earrings! they look amazing!

www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

34. Adorable! Love the yellow, black and white together. Also love those earrings!

Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

35. This citron color is fabulous with the black & white pieces...you look so chic!
    www.pennypincherfashion.com

36. My favorie is when you see a pinner you follow pinning workout tips right along side super decadent desserts. You planning on doin' both of those tonight?

37. Love this outfit on you Kendi! I feel similarly about pinterest, a lot of my boards are approached with the mentality of "someday"

xo Dina

Sweetest Somethings

38. bahaha. I've never thought of that but I so do that. It's almost like getting ice cream after working out because you know, you worked out. (please say other people do this....)

39. I've made quite a few of the recipes I pin because I also go look at my boards when I don't know what to make. I've never done any of the DIYs. I was pretty excited to look at my fashion board the other day and see a dress I bought recently is very similar to one I pinned just a few weeks ago.

40. Beautiful! I love pinterest too. :)

www.shannonheartsblog.com

41. I know what you mean, I think I am beyond pin-hoarding-status. I love this look and I think yours looks even better than the original pin!

42. gorgeous look. Love the skirt!

Quirk and Swirl

43. I do the same thing with clipping item on Polyvore. (^_^)

44. i dont know whats more addicting, pinterest or your perfect posts! this color blocked blazer paired with stripes and such a gorgeous spring skirt looks even better than the original pin! love your style, and if you make one dessert make the eggless cookie dough i promise its quick and even more delicious than it looks xo

45. Haha, I totally got you! I'm an addict as well, it's ridiculous! All day, evrey day. I've reached 45 boards and 6,5K pins, growing every day.

And you look gorgeous, perfect combo, love it!

XOXO,
    Lucia

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

46. I love your earings!!! Gorgeous outfit... love the color of the skirt!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

47. Love the jacket and so far, I have been able to stay away from pinterest. Blogs and fb are enough of a time suck for me. If I lived in TX, I'd make you that cake.

48. Haha, I love your Pinterest insight! Also love the pop of bright with the black and white. I'm sure Blair is proud. You look great!

49. really nice outfit

love this color mix

50. So, so, cute! And p.s. I totally went and bought the Ruche dress you wore a couple weeks ago on the blog and am wearing it on mine today - I'm obsessed. And I blame you (again) for another unnecesary impluse buy. :)

See Mo Go.

51. I sometimes go on a Pinterest binge. I can't help myself!

52. Thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I just realized that I am a Pinterest hoarder as well. Every once in a while I do the outfit copycats though- if I already own everything.

53. Pinterest overwhelms me. And I'm afraid once I start, I won't be able to start - kinda like Pringles.

I *do* love how you took Blair's look and made it practical. Remember how you were just talking about internet cute vs. real life cute? No offense to Blair because I LOVE her blog, but hers is internet cute. Yours is both.

54. I had to cut down on Pinterest because of the same reason! Now if I complete the project I delete the pin. This is cute but now I have that song "Black and yellow" in my head!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

55. Love the colors and the stripes!

56. Lol I'm a Pinterest hoarder too! I have enough DIY ideas an outfits for a life time! ... Speaking of outfit inspiration yours sure is! Adore the fun mix you came up!

Cee. ♥

57. Alexandra Garman-SkeenMarch 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Totally putting this look on my Pinterest, right next to Blair's! LOVE IT! Unlike you though, I do actually use those recipes (but not the crafts)....
    -Alexandra
    www.rhymeswithfashion.com

58. Ahhh, black and white with neon = perfection. I feel the same way about pinterest, pretty much never actually recreate anything. One day though right? ;)

xo, AInslee

abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

59. Adore these colors together and the stripes!

60. Loving this look!

xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

61. Pinterest is AMAZING. I'm addicted as hell. I love yellow, white, and black together so this is just an all around win!

xo Ashley

thetiniestfirecracker.com

62. You know, Kendi, I'd say you got pretty close with that outfit. Your version is more wearable, anyway!

63. little & everMarch 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Kendi this outfit looks gorgeous on you. I love the earrings and was recently gifted the turquoise ones for my birthday (after giving *exact* hints). Other people do this too right ;)

64. I so feel this way about Pinterest. With exception to my recipe board(I'd be lost without it!) and wishlist, I feel like a lot of my pins are for "someday" as opposed to "right now." I have been pinning for a few years now, and just noticed yesterday that I have 9,999 pins! That's a lot of clicking! I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I'm convinced my kitties must be pinning while I sleep. My next pin better be a good one, but knowing me, it'll probably have something to do with, well, kitties.

Here's to hoping I can finally work on a few of those DIY pins I've been hoarding. #notaproudmoment #butineedthese

P.S. Love the black and white.

Best!
    Carmen
    www.sixthandolive.blogspot.com

65. Love the stripes and the neon, they're awesome!

Shannon

66. Magda PomichowskiMarch 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

HAHA! I stop myself sometimes and go back to actually pick recipes to make, like I force myself, lol! You look great!

Mags

67. So agree with the pin hoarding! I always pin with the best intentions of going back and trying a recipe or remaking an outfit, but it usually doesn't happen that way.

I have been dying to get my hands on a pair of Kendra Scott earrings. This whole look is one of my favorites you have posted to date. Xx

68. HappinessatmidlifeMarch 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I am guilty of that as well. I hoard mainly exercise and recipes for when the moment strikes :) You look fab!

www.happinessatmidlife.com

69. I really love the earrings in this outfit!

70. Adore the color hues!

<3 Sarah

71. I like your outfit, it looks perfectly!

www.veraanda.blogspot.ru

72. Really like the yellow with the black and white! Such a lovely jacket too :)

Away From The Blue

73. I love how you made a "Kendi" version of that Blair outfit :) You guys are both awesome in your own ways.

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

74. Cathy your Poor Little It GirlMarch 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM

I love mixing black white and yellow...it's not easy to do it without looking like a bee and you look amazing!!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

75. Love this look! I like how your outfits have had a bit more edginess to them lately. That jacket needs to magically appear in my closet.

~C

76. Kendi! Love this skirt on you! Is that the "fresh pear" color from J.Crew? Did you find that their No. 2 skirts ran large or small? I hear they stretch out quite a bit.

77. Love your outfit. Gorgeous. I totally agree with you. I don't go on Pinterest as much because I pin things and don't follow through. Don't forget about my link up tomorrow. HOpe you can join me.

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

78. Kendi. You are KILLING. ME. I am on a total shopping ban and this entire outfit is an absolute must have. Seriously, you're killing me. Stop with the gorgeousness! (PS, I went in reverse with Pinterest. Pinned everything at first, then had to stop myself!)

79. I love everything about this look Kendi! The two-tone blazer and pretty chartreuse skirt are genius and I'm right there with you when it comes to Pinterest. How addicting is that site?!

Chelsea & The City

80. Love the skirt

Please stop by my website and check out my latest post

81. Such a cute outfit! We have the same pin-hoarding tendencies! It's normal right?!!?

Trendy Mondays - your online fashion destination for independent European designer brands

82. haha I think we ALL are pinterest hoarders! I'm off to pin this amazing outfit and never re-create it

83. Totally copying this color combo!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

84. kendi i like bee too :)

85. I absolutely love this look!

86. Debora @ Expression Thru StyleMarch 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

LOOOOVE Pinterest! That was what got me into blogging, cleaning the home with natural products and organising (just to name a few things). How I wish I had time to just pin on a daily basis... Ooow well, at least I will be able to look over my thousands of pins one day and make all of those delicious meals and cakes x

87. Oh boy! My information hoarding was bad before Pinterest (hundreds of saved photos, bookmarked pages, and magazine clippings), but now it's just plain scary. And I most definitely pinned this outfit even though I will probably never get up the gumption to wear it!

88. This look is amazing!! Love Blair, but think we may like this look better! Yep, just said that...

89. Love this! So sleep and polished. You look even taller and slimmer than usual.

90. Fantastic outfit! The color combination rocks.

91. So well put together!

92. would LOVE it if you could blog about ways to dress down this pencil skirt.... can you style this skirt more casually?? love it, but need a more casual approach. pretty please?? =)