Baby Blues

posted on: 2/04/2013

2.4.13-3 2.4.13-2 2.4.13-5 2.4.13-1 2.4.13-4

This weekend was my best friend's gender reveal party. (She's expecting twins.) I knew what to bring as far as a gift goes (diapers, of course) but what to wear -- that's a tricky one, no? I'm pretty sure in all of the what to wear to where guides out there, a gender reveal party is not a key destination. So I decided you can't go wrong with a blazer and heels. Also, my guess was a boy and a girl so naturally I wore pink and blue. And my guess was right. This only means one thing: I'm clairvoyant.

If any pregnant person would like me to guess the gender of your baby, just let me know. So far I'm 1-1; those are really good odds.

_______________________
Blazer: Similar
Top: Aritzia
Jeans: c/o Citizens of Humanity
Heels: c/o Sole Society
Clutch: Similar
Scarf: Similar

1. This outfit is perfect!

All things J

2. wow congrats to your friend!  and i am totally good at guessing the baby's gender too!

cute blazer!

joyce@sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

3. I adore that blazer!
    I would hate for you to mess up your perfect baby gender guessing ratio but if you want to take a guess, I'll let you. ;) just one babe for me, no twins.

4. Love the outfit, perfect for a baby shower. Congrats to your friend and God bless her. She will have her hands full.

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

5. Love the combination of the scarf and shoes :) Great outfit! :)

Juna

6. You look like spring! This is such a cute outfit. I love the scarf against the top.

7. I love those earrings! May I ask where you got them? I just found your blog and I absolutely love it. Happy Monday!

Rhiannon
    chicagogirlmoveson.blogspot.com

8. This is such a nice outfit! When in doubt about what to wear, I usually go with put-together, but comfortable. So far it has never failed!

9. That blazer is gorgeous. I love how it picks up the colors in your shirt.

10. Gorgeous top and blazer!

11. Love the floral print top!

www.gbofashion.com

12. Love the blazer! Also, considering it was twins, I'd say you are actually 2 for 2! :)

13. Love the top!  That's awesome that she's having one of each.  If I were to have twins, that's how I'd want it.

14. A boy and girl twins, that is just so cute. I love that you wore pink and blue. A blazer with heels is definitely a great way to go. You look beautiful.

15. Wouldn't you really be 2-2?

P.S. I love this color combo. I'd never have picked it out myself, but I love it!

16. I love this outfit from the orange in the top to blush colored scarf and then the nude pump paired with the light blue blazer. Gorgeous.

Method Clothe

17. I chose not to know on both my pregnancies,but loved hearing the variety of guesses. My fave one was when an older woman said I was very round so it was a boy- she was right- but round? Lovely pattern on the top-

Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

18. I think that's a perfect baby shower outfit.  Cute without being too "precious" if you know what I mean.
    I don't have a talent for picking baby genders, but I do have a talent for picking up when friends and coworkers are pregnant when they're only a couple weeks along.

19. love this!

20. love your look....  you crack me up!!
    Meg
    www.sealed-with-style.com

21. I am craving some baby blue in my closet lately! It looks great with the orange shade of your top!
    Time Stand Still

22. The pastel combo you've got going on looks great, especially with the blazer! This is the perfect look for a get together or a  reveal party.

Genie

www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

23. That blouse is lovely. The blazer is great with it and really I love love the whole look.

I don't care about baby gender but if you could just tell me the numbers on the next Lotto I'd be very grateful : )

bisous
    Suzanne

24. Your scarf is PERFECT.  Gorgeous shade of pink, and it looks wonderful against your skin and hair.

theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

25. i'm due in april...care to guess what it might be? : )

loving the way the scarf and the blazer play off each other! another great outfit!

26. Good job! I love the Springy colors.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

27. You were probably the most stylish person at that gender reveal. You have such great style. So refined.

28. such a cute outfit! perfect colors for a gender reveal party!!

29. I love that top!
    xo Jenniferhttp://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

30. Great scarf. I am planning a gender reveal party for a friend soon, so I will be int he same "what to wear?" boat soon too.

31. Great Outfit!

32. Love the color palette in this outfit. Especially the chandelier earrings with the scarf!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

33. Kendi, this is some expert scarf-tying.  How did you do it??

34.  I love the color palette, especially since the occasion could be a bit tricky!
    www.theadoredlife.com

35. ha! you look totally fabulous! never thought about what to wear to that kinda party, but i traditionally wear a skirt and nice blouse to anything i'm not certain of. this looks like a great option too - dressed up without being too dressed up.
    kw Ladies in Navy

36. Those jeans look GREAT on you!! And congratulations to your best friend - that's so exciting!!!

37. Technically, you're 2 for 2, dear.

38. SO gorgeous Kendi. Seriously, I feel like I need to be wearing this RIGHT NOW! It's perfect down to every last detail, and a big congrats to your friend. How exciting!! xo

39. My go-to is always a blazer and heels as well! I simply love this shirt!

40. Catherine St-JacquesFebruary 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Love the color combo and the way you are wearing your scarf. You look very classy!

41. haha! clearly this means only one thing... that you're clairvoyant...
    that is too good. you made me LOL at work. thank you!

42. This is one of my favorite outfits that you have worn recently! Also to funny on how you guessed right.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

43. Anca Madalina BaboiFebruary 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hilarious! :)) You should use a wedding ring (I'm sure you know the trick) to predict gender. Everybody will think you're this great expert :))!

I love the top!

Mamalina

44. LOVE these colors together and the fact it was a gender reveal party is just too perfect! Great outfit!

Blessings!
    www.beautyandbows.com

45. I love how your pink scarf picks up the pink in your Aritzia top. Really sweet!

46. This is the first I've ever heard of a gender reveal party!  Youngsters and their parties these days ;)   Clairvoyance is going to come in so handy!  I hope you see more of that beautiful blouse in your future.

47. Hey- it sounds like you guessed 2 babies, so I'd say you're 2-2!  I love this outfit!

48. You look great! I like blouse!

From www.xeanafashion.com

49. Love your blazer!!!!! & love that your friend is expecting twins, how exciting!!

50. haha those are dang good odds and this is a dang cute outfit!

51. Talk about a good hair day!  I definitely have hair envy for you.  Especially on dirty hair days.  Somehow, you still manage to kill it in the hair department, even when it's dirty.

52. I love that blouse - it's great to see it offset with the more subtle blazer and scarf!
    LaurenAStyleDefined.com

53. love that blazer Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

54. I love this look, Kendi! So perfect for a classy baby shower. I particularly like that blouse - what a great print!

Natalie
    Name's Not Ashley

55. great way to spice up a pastel blazer! love. www.dippedinyellow.blogspot.com

56. I love the bracelet, where's it from???

57. Love this blazer and cute top. Is she having a girl and boy.

xohttp://pinksole.com

58. I love that blouse - that pattern is so pretty! And I'll be sure to check back with you when (and if) I'm ever pregnant. ;)

www.seemomogo.blogspot.com

59. That's so cute that she's getting one of each! I love your outfit and that blazer is really gorgeous...

happymedley.blogspot.com

60. Perfect outfit for a gender reveal!!

61. lovely outfit!

xoxo milla

62. such a great outfit ... how can you really go wrong with a blazer ... right?!?
    Jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

63. how fun having a boy and a girl! love your blazer in that baby blue! xo

64. This is one of my favorite outfits that you have done! beautiful. and congrats to your friend! i always wish i had a twin bro.
    www.gracebyc.blogspot.com

65. Beautiful outfit! Love the soft colors.
    And how fun for your friend to have a boy and girl! Unless she wants a whole bunch of kids, that seems like a great way to have one of each and be done :)

66. The print on your top is absolutely gorgeous!! And I love the soft pink of the scarf.

thisevolvinglife.blogspot.com

67. Soft pink and minty green is one of my favorite combo.

68. Love the color combo and I think your outfit is PERFECT for that kind of party. It's really rare to have boy and girl twins so that's exciting! Congrats to your friend :)

xo Ashleyluckylittlebird.blogspot.com

69. love those nude heels! where is golden bracelet from?

70. The blouse is really great!... and can you reveal for very far in the future babies?! ha

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

71. I LOVE this outfit! Maybe my favorite of your yet!

The Livable Art

72. What a great outfit. I love it!!!

Louwww.thekeypieces.co.uk

73. Haha! Love the prediction. I saw this outfit when you posted on Instagram - it's adorable!

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

74. love the blue blazer! such a cute look!

75. Haha excellent guess! And I think you hedged your bets well with this outfit. It should definitely make it into a what to wear guide :)

life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

76. I love this outfit so cute! The blazer is such a pretty color. My mom is very good at guessing baby genders. She has guessed right four out of six times so far. It's always fun when she's right!

-Jess

77. haha that's great! congrats to them and you look gorg!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

78. i wonder where you got your scarf bc i have the same one! i got it at this cute boutique, don't remember the name in Santa Cruz, CA

79. Love this outfit. Haha and awesome guesses!! Congrats to your friend :)

80. Love this look!! Loving the pastel colors :)

81. You are definitely clairvoyant! haha! Great outfit :)

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

82. Twins! That's so adorable.
    That's a really pretty scarf!

83. You're so lucky to have found a pair of nude shoes that actually appear to be nude on your footsies!! I'm super jealous, still searching for my nude/no-really-do-you-have-on-shoes? shoes!

What a score!! 1-1, Let's go Kendi, let's go! (stomp/stomp)

84. Ha ha! You are too funny! Twins are the best!

Have a great evening!
    ~Hannah

85. I love that jacket! What a pretty color! The earrings are beautiful :)

xoxo Olga

86. I really love the way you tied this scarf!
    JennWith Luck

87. Love this color combo! And the nude color heels are perfect!

88. That top is so adorable! I love the pattern of it and it looks great paired with jeans. :)

Laura

89. Cute look! Loving that blazer! The color is adorbs!

Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

90. This outfit is adorable! I also like to think that I am good at guessing the gender of people's babies.

-Haley-
    haleyvalerie.blogspot.com

91. Simply adorable!! (: what a great outfit!!

-theresacollaredblouse.blogspot.com

92. Great outfit and you look amazing.

93. Can't go wrong with a blazer and heels, my friend.  I love this outfit!

94. Really like your floral top, and that beautiful pink scarf :)
    Congrats to your friend!

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

95. That is such a pretty outfit! Love the scarf and blazer :)

Lubna
    WWW.ELLEVOX.BLOGSPOT.COM

96. Alyssa SchoenleberFebruary 5, 2013 at 4:10 AM

LOVE this outfit!

97. First: I love this outfit. Second: I want to have a gender reveal party for myself..."Guess what everyone...I'm a girl!!!!!" Third: I just thought you should know that your reign as the remix inventor queen might be ending because I started the next big thing. Or at least the next small thing. It's gonna be a thing, I swear.

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life
    P.S. That "next big thing" is my "Take One, Pass it On" Outfit Remix challenge!

98. Catherine Lea AndersonFebruary 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Love the simplicity of this look...can't go wrong with jeans and a blazer!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

99. actually you're 2 for 2. :)

100. Aurélie as mounetteFebruary 5, 2013 at 7:00 AM

You are so pretty, I like this jackets!

101. love this outfit and the colours!

102. Street Fashion PARISFebruary 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM

So clean and beautiful! definitely a top notch style!!!

103. Kendi this outfit is one of my absolute favorites from you! LOVE it!

104. Love your blouse - the colour is fantastic!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

105. You wear these patel colours so beautlly! It is making me looking forward for spring, impatiently!!

106. Kristian SatterleeFebruary 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Pretty colors and congrats to your friend!

www.withoutastyle.com

107. Do you have any scarf tutorials? That scarf is cute and cuter the way it's styled!

108. That top is adorable. :)

Feel free to guess my baby's gender. I don't know it yet myself! ;)

109. another lovely outfit to adore! beautiful!

110. How wonderful!  I have boy/girl twins (they are 4 now) and SO much fun.  Would love for you to take a look at my blog and little life with our "nuggets".

XO Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

111. Thought I'd let you know that I liked this outfit so much I've included it in my Top Five Favourites for the Week.

bisous
    Suzanne

112. Love the pastel colours in your outfit. So cute and chic!

www.expressionthrustyle.com

113. This is one of my fave outfits....love this!

114. Your
    bracelet is so fashionable  and your blue
    jeans looks perfect I like this.
      Kitsch Jewellery

115. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. We actually
    learnt from these a lot. Our Team thanks you for this help, which help us to
    make a successful Web Blog.

baby blues