Winter Whites

posted on: 1/06/2014

01.06.14-5
Well, I chopped my hair off this weekend. It was time to be honest. It was practically begging to be cut since all I did anymore was throw it into a bun for days at a time. Plus to my surprise when I sat down in the chair, my stylist said it was long enough to donate. I've never cut my long hair short enough to donate, so I feel pretty proud of my short locks.
01.06.14-3 01.06.14-1 01.06.14-8 01.06.14-7 01.06.14-2 01.06.14-6 01.06.14-4

What is it about a new year that just makes you want everything to be new and fresh? This year feels like a good one already, no? I have giddiness when I think about this year for some reason, I'm thinking this is a good sign.
This morning I pulled my typically spring white jeans out because you know…13 degrees. Makes sense. This is one of the coldest winters here in Texas that I can remember. I don't know how you guys up north are dealing. Isn't it like -24 in some areas? I. can't. Hugs and blankets to you.
______________
Sweater: old J.Crew / similar
Coat: ℅ Old Navy
Jeans: Similar
Booties: Similar
Tote: Madewell
Hat: old Gap / Similar
Lips: Nars in Gipsy

1. adore the new cut!! it looks so great on you! x

dipped in yellow

2. wow! well your hair still looks lovely! that is awesome that it was able to be donated! great outfit!

3. Absolutely lovely! That hair is a fabulous look for 2014!

Katelyn
    www.katelynnow.com

4. You look great Kendi! ( I just love your name too)

Je suis L'amour et Aquarius

5. so stunning!!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

6. Amazing hats...I love hats too....and want to build up a collection. x

7. Love the new do! And thanks for the shout out for us folks up north we're surviving (barely)!

www.gardeniasandmint.wordpress.com

8. this is probably my favorite outfit of yours to date -- love the neutral palette! and your new sophisticated 'do looks fab.

xo, lilyonfillmore.com

9. You look amazing!!!!! Love the shape & color! I also shopped mine,, a good way to start 2014!!! Kisses, Vanda

10. the hair looks so fresh! http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2014/01/out-to-dinner.html

11. I loved your new hair style!

12. You hair looks so cute! I'm from TX and right now in AR the wind chills are -20.. I'm dying! Stay warm!

Kim

13. Yay for the new hair, so sweet of you to donate it! I absolute adore these pics and looks, for I minute I thought you where somewhere in Italy! So chic!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

14. Kendi, your hair looks amazing!!! LOVE the new do!

15. love. the. hair. So cute on you. I can't believe it's that cold in Texas...it's definitely in the negatives here. I'm just praying the furnace can keep up!

16. Lovely! Such a great look on you! You can seriously rock the short hair! The high today in Minneapolis is -21...so I welcome all of those hugs and warm blankets! ;)

17. Loving the new hair and this outfit definitely looks like one of those "I was randomly captured on the streets of a random European city" looks. Loving the lip color too! xx

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

18. I love your short hair! It looks fantastic on you. I have been very inspired by all of the lovely blog ladies who seem to be chopping off their locks these days.

19. I love the short hair on you. I'm waiting for after my wedding to go back to my long bob.

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

20. I don't even know how people are doing it up north. Crazy cold!!

And, man, that sweater. I love it!

21. I LOVE your hair! So so so so so cute. Now I want to cut mine!

22. I love your hair. What products do you use? My hair is actually the same exact length but I can't get it to look that textured and awesome!

23. Absolutely gorgeous! This hairstyle looks perfect on you!

24. Your hair is perfection in a cut!

25. You look so great with short hair! I love it. My hair's only about an inch or two longer than yours, so I can't wait to get some inspiration from your new look!

26. I wish it was a litttle cold in south florida! Love the hair, the color of the coat, and your lipstick.
    Xo,
    Belen
    www.androbelinsider.blogspot.com

27. This is a great take on winter whites! And I'm enjoying seeing an outfit of old pieces remixed!

28. I've been wearing my white jeans too... no need to wait for Spring, I say. And the new hair looks great on you! Glad you were able to donate your locks :)

xo, alison*elle

29. It is very cold up here in the Great White North. Still I pulled out my white jeans last week. Great Minds.

30. hahah! Yes it is -20's here in Bauhstun. The cold has now reached my happy place. The good thing is, you can rock the skinnies and booties all week long! Side note, I was just talking to someone on how I need white skinnies! Im so happy to see this post! Love the hair btdubbs.

31. mary-katherine minnisJanuary 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM

the new hair looks so fantastic!!!

and although it is totally freezing, car read -7 when i got in the car today, i absolutely love the winter white!

xo mary-katherine

32. your new hair looks wonderful! :)

33. I am in love with this look. & your hair. perfect on you girlfriend.

34. It's safe to say I am obsessed with the new "2014 Kendi" look. Your hair looks amazing, as does the rest of you. And yes, it is minus a million in the midwest. Fleece blanket time!

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

35. nice sweater... and I am loving the hair!

36. love the new 'do!

xo julesinflats

37. If you're down for it, would love a hair tutorial! Looks lovely!

38. It was -21 at my house this morning with a -50 wind chill! That's a negative 5-0 folks. It is literally painful to step outside.

39. absolutely stunning photos!
    what a beautiful setting. and your hair looks adorable :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

40. I am in Minnesota and yes it was -24 when I woke up today! (Not to mention the windchill) Love the new hair! Super cute :)

41. Love the new hair style, it looks great! Love following your blog!

42. LOVE love LOVE the new hair. And am totally going to bust out my white jeans now!

XOXO, Jenn
    The Stylish Housewife

43. Umm it's like almost -40 here in Chicago :( 13 sounds lovely right about now!!

www.alwaystoastyournuts.blogspot.com

44. Your hair looks amazing!

45. Your hair is adorable! My hair is only slightly longer than that, and I still try to figure out fun ways to style it. I suck with updos, so if you have cute ones, I will most likely steal them.

It's cold as balls here on the east coast. Tomorrow's HIGH is going to be 19. Not excited about that. And, to be honest, the only reason I don't do winter whites is because of my propensity to spill stuff on myself. It's always chic and beautiful until I cover myself in barbecue sauce.

46. I. Am. A. Fan. Love short hair!!

47. Great outfit! I love your coat! :)

ANDREA

48. Love a winter white look! And the new hair looks fabulous!! Here's to a new look and a new year!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

49. Amazing coat and sweater!

xo, Liz

www.casualconcern.com

50. Megan Quint GresselJanuary 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

loving the colors in this post and your hair looks amazing!

MeganQuint.com

51. I think this year is going to be great because it's a even number! For some reason it's just comfortable. Weird? Probably!

52. 34 below with wind chill here in the Upper Peninsula of MI today. That's cold even for us! Great outfit! I'm always afraid to wear white pants in the winter because they inevitably end up covered in slop and road salt!

53. Nothing like a optimistic attitude! Oh, and great hair!

54. been trying to find a good pair of white jeans, those are great
    x
    Saba

55. Your new cut is so adorable, looooove!! The windchill is currently -40 in Chicago, yayyyyyy weather.

Kristina does the Internets

56. fashionablecollectionsJanuary 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Kendi - that hair cut is PERFECT on you!! What a great decision. Love this look as well.

57. I love the cut! So fresh, it looks amaze on you!
    www.topitoff-mel.blogspot.com

58. your haircut looks great! especially with that hat, too. xo

59. Your hair!! it's perfect!! I love it so much!! :)

60. Love the new hair! That's so nice that you decided to donate it. Up here in Manitoba it is freezing, but we just deal by not going outside. Ha!

61. I'm getting a definite Michelle Dockery vibe with the new hair. And that's awesome--who wouldn't want to look like Lady Mary?! Love it!

62. Very pretty!!;)

63. I love your new 'do! This was the cut I wanted last time I went, but was too chicken to go through with. Maybe next time :)

64. your hair looks so great! i love it.

65. Love the new 'do! However, doesn't your hair have to be untreated to be able to donate? I think it's going to be around -40 C tonight. I'm not stepping outside! And yes, totally agree about new year new things. Excited for 2014 as well.

66. I love your hair! I donated my hair last year and plan to do it again in February!

67. You can donate treated hair, but it will be sold to offset the cost of making wigs instead of being used in a wig.

68. I learned something new today. Thanks!

69. Your hair looks so great!

70. Yup. It be -40 with wind chill here in Chicago. 13 degrees sounds like summertime compared to what we have, haha! I'm loving the new hair cut! Cheers to a fresh 'do to start the new year!

Ashlei
    Kinks are the new Pink

71. Love the locks! And it's frigid up north...windchills close to -60 degrees today!

72. Love this!
    Awesome coat!

73. You look so gorgeous Kendi! I love the hair I love the color : )

74. It's -6 here today with a -20 wind chill and I just want to die in a sea of warm. On a positive note, you look amazing in burgundy and I LOVE that sweater on you, too. This whole thing is a win.

xo Ashley

thetiniestfirecracker.com

75. Your hair looks amazing!

76. Awesome! Your haircut looks great and it's so nice to hear you donated it! I'm about to donate mine and I can't wait for it to grow that last inch because I'm really itching to cut it! I've donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths in the past and I really liked it because they only require 8 inches and give their wigs away for free. Cheers!

77. Fresh hair is always fun! Gorgeous winter white

happymedley.blogspot.com

78. Closet FashionistaJanuary 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I got my hair cut to that length a couple weeks ago and still haven't gotten used to it (I miss my long hair) but seeing how you did yours makes me feel a bit better about it. It looks amazing :D

79. It's freezing in Wisconsin. I can barely bear stepping outside. I love your outfit. Want your sweater. :)

80. I love your smiles in these photos!! Love the short hair too-I will live vicariously through your hair!

81. this haircut suits you so well!

82. HappinessatmidlifeJanuary 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Love your new hair cut! 13 degrees is way too cold to be outside. I told myself I can't complain about 40s when everyone in the country is freezing.

www.happinessatmidlife.com

83. Winter whites are so refreshing! It really helps lift the mood during winter!
    You look so casually chic!

NEW POST:: ON THE GRID

www.eyelikefashion.com
    www.eyelikefashion.com
    www.eyelikefashion.com

84. I am obsessed with your hair color! Is it obnoxious to ask what color you use?

85. Right? It's SO cold in Texas! Love the winter white concept and congrats on being able to donate your hair.
    xx Abby | a geek tragedy

86. Even though I don't know you for realsies, when I saw your haircut scrolling through my facebook feed I literally said, "oooooohhhhhh, Kendi!" outloud. Luckily no one was around, haha. YOU! LOOk! FAAAAHBULOUS! And that coat is killer, thanks for the new year inspiration :)

87. Your new hair looks great! So good you could donate your longer hair too, what a nice thing to do. Hope this year is as exciting as you wish it will be!

Away From The Blue

88. Your hair looks fantastic!! I love how it's more of an edgy cut.

As a girl living in Toronto, I wish I knew how to deal with the freezing temps. I hate it more and more every day. *sigh*

xoxo Jackie

Something About That

89. You look just gorgeous. What a fun change for the start of the year!

90. Love the haircut! Looks awesome :)

91. Love the haircut and this white look! And please enjoy those 13 degrees! I cannot wait until we're back to normal numbers again, enough of this negative business.

-Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

92. Aurélie Alias MounetteJanuary 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Nice cocooning look!

Happy new year to you!

Kiss

Aurélie

Don't forgot to follow me on facebook, bloglovin and instragram, I can follow you back

93. love your new haircut - mine is getting the chop next week :)

94. Love your new haircut! It looks great on you. And yes, this Texas winter has been crazy.

95. Can you please please please do a tutorial on how you get your short hair to do that 'kinda wavy thing' you're rocking in these pictures? I chopped mine off and all it does now is just hang there....

96. This look is so chic yet casual for the cooler days we're having...LOVE that hat!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

97. Classy Chic &amp; ChardonnayJanuary 7, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Your hair looks SO good!! Love the white jeans in the winter especially paired with this grey & camel combo!

Classy Chic & Chardonnay

98. love the clothes and the hair- I am from North Dakota and yesterday the temp was -24 but the windchill had it feeling like -50. I live in scarves,sweaters, and hats. :)

99. Love the haircut! I recently cut and donated mine too, it feels good to be able to give back so easily!

100. Great haircut. I am really excited about this year too :D

101. Your hair looks great!!!!!!!!!

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

102. as expected, you've just inspired me to book a haircut! the shorter look is so cute on you :)

ahh, 13 degrees, & SUNSHINE! i'm jealous

Katie x

103. LOVE your new 'do!! Looking gorgeous as always :) Let's get drinks soon lady!

104. Jacqueline IbragimovJanuary 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I love that sweater! It's perfect for a Comfy Cozy day that still is Chic. Also, I love the wispiness of your haircut.

105. Hey Kendi!

As a cancer survivor, I can personally tell you that someone will be truly thankful for your hair - however much or little you were able to donate. When I went through chemotherapy, my wig was the only thing that helped me feel "normal". And your blog has helped me find my style and inspiration again post-treatment.

Thanks for everything you do!!!

Stéphanie

106. Love your sweater , you look great !

www.gloria-agostina.com

www.facebook.com/GloriaAgostina

107. LOVE the new hair! It looks so super cute on you!!!
    www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

108. The sweater is so gorgeous! Love your new hair. Looking great!

Carpet cleaners

109. pauline hiddlestonJanuary 9, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Love!
    Xo,
    Www.misspaulinevintage.jimdo.com

110. I missed this until today. I love your hair and your outfit!

111. -24?! try -52 degrees Celsius with the windchill one day last week!! (i think that's about -60 Fahrenheit… Better make it an electric blanket! lol!

You look so happy in these photos! Happy New Year! I hope 2014 brings you much more happiness. :)

Lisa. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (yes, that's the place that was colder than Mars…I need to move…)

112. We had -39 up here. It's been a very weird winter, that's for sure. Firstly, you look stunning. I think this is one of my favourite outfits on you to date, and your hair is so fresh, it's gorgeous. I'm tempted to cut my hair off..

113. it was miserable up here. I had a guy in my office walk to get a Coke at a gas station a block or two away - by the time he came back it was essentially a slushie. craaazzy.

Anyway, you look lovely! I'm loving the new 'do!

Laura

114. that hobo is great!

115. can you please post on how you style your hair? I just got the same cut and it looked great when they did it but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you!!!

116. you reminded me Garance Dore)

117. Love the new 'do, Kendi!