New Soles

posted on: 1/03/2013

01.03.13a 01.03.13b 01.03.13d 01.03.13c 01.03.13e
I got new shoes. Ok, ok and a new top. And my blazer is new, too. So I spent some Christmas money, ok? Don't act like you didn't too and instead put it all in savings. You are not that responsible. Plus I can justify my new top and blazer. Sure I have a striped shirt but I don't have a sequined striped shirt. And what kind of person would I be to pass up a mint blazer? A terrible person, that's what kind.
You've heard of Sole Society, yes? If not, let me fill you in. Sole Society is a new brand of the cutest shoes that start at $49.95. From suede heels to leather boots, there are new styles every day and the best part? Shipping is free both ways, so returns are a no brainer. Oh and you can shop by search or by expert curated collections. And because you're reading this right now, you can use "KE20" for $20 off your first purchase from now until 1/31/12! (US readers only)
______________________
Top: J.Crew
Blazer: Similar
Pants: Gap
Shoes: c/o Sole Society
Lips: Sephora "It Girl"
*This post is sponsored by Sole Society.

1. Love the combination of the blazer and jcrew top.

www.oohlalagwen.blogspot.com

2. Love the mint!

3. Love the outfit! I recently signed up for Sole Society but wish there were reviews as to how the shoes fit as I have slightly wider feet and never know whether or order a 6 1/2 or 7...just wondering what you thought of the shoes above? did you order your reg size?  Anyone else w/ size review/feedback?? THANKS!

4. Why, thank you very much. On to not do work until I pick out a new pair of shoes. You are a horrible influence ;).

5. Did you get these pants in regulars or longs, Kendi? I am looking for some straight black pants and am 5'8" so figured we might need a similar length...

6. Love. Those. Shoes. And of course, they're sold out in my size! Hoping for a re-stock!

7. Love that mint blazer. Every time I'm in DFW I think I need to swing by Bloom. Making it happen next time.

Memoirs & Mochas

8. Those are my FAVORITE shoes from Sole Society. Wear them all the time.  I've got them on my blog now doing a giveaway, such a great company!

PS wanted to buy that shirt on JCREW.com today but they only have the purple :(

xo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

9. These are regular and they are actually long enough for me! (I'm 5'9") I just make sure never to dry them. :)

10. There's no shame in my shopping game you deserved that mint blazer. And a stripe sequined top is a must lol.

11. Cute!  I love those shoes.  I might have to spend the rest of my Christmas money...

12. I need this outfit in my life.  Pronto.

13. These are a size 10 and I'm usually a 10 in all shoes except for flats. (I usually size down half a size for flats. Not sure if that's science or preference) My feet are pretty average since I'm not wide or narrow, but these shoes fit perfectly. So perhaps size up? Just for a little bit of extra room :)

14. love your shoes girl!! and love sole society!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

15. Ha, I love this post. It's the season of giving, even unto yourself. And you're right, passing up a mint blazer is a serious offense! :)

16. I love this outfit. And I think it was a completely responsible choice. So don't listen to what they say (whomever "they" are). I have seen that sequined shirt everywhere and I NEED it! So adorable!

Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

17. Great bag and blazer!

18. Um. Mint blazer. Hells yes!  That purse, too!

Theresa

19. Great, fresh look! You spent your money well!

20. Candice R WilliamsJanuary 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Ugh I've been trying to NOT buy that shirt from jcrew but now seeing it on you I don't think I can resist any longer!

21. I love the light blue blazer. You look so pretty and chic!

22. Love the mint - seeing it everywhere recently. Curious on the fit of the striped tee - is it more of a loose fitting top?

23. LOve your outfit.I totally saw the striped top on sale at J Crew yesterday. Looks amazing on you. I have to say I might be the only one to pass up a mint blazer, I'm sorry. It looks so good on you, but I"m not sure about me. Adore your outfit.

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

24. I have those shoes and I love them! Love the top so shiny :)
    xo,
    eelsay

www.theluxuryrehab.com

25. love your patent wedges! i would totally wear this look to work. :)
    kw, http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

26. I do feel this will be the year of sequins.  Maybe it was you who said that....if not, it was somebody.  And it was true.  Sequins will belong to the everyday woman....not to the Oscars parties or the "big" nights out...but to the 9-5, the book shop stop, the brunch, etc.  Sequins for all!!

27. Yeah, I can't even pretend that I put all of my Christmas money into my savings like I should have! I went out and bought a bunch of pretty little things!
    adoredlife.blogspot.com

28. The combination of the mint & stripes is so perfect (and would work well in the spring too!) - I have those same wedges in the leopard print and just love them :)

www.pennypincherfashion.com

29. You look great! I love everything about this outfit!

30. Love this outfit and the color scheme! Classy, lady. :)

31. I LOVE this top with the mint blazer! You look great, as always :)
    Shelby

glitterandgingham.blogspot.com

32. you have such pretty hair! and i really love the shoes.

33. Christine LevinsonJanuary 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Kendi, this post is hilarious.  Cute outfit and you're writing is too funny.

34. Ack...your writing.

35. Sweetest mix of shades Kendi!
    XO,Swww.stephaniesterjovski.com

36. Sweetest mix of shades Kendi!
    www.stephaniesterjovski.com

37. Ha, you're in good company. I spent plenty on myself this past holiday season. Boy do I love mint. And those wedges are fantastic!

Kristin
    www.dressedandfed.com

38. Beautiful blazer! I am in love with that color right now. Pretty!

dearpoet.wordpress.com

39. That sequinned top sparkles almost as much as you : )

bisousSuzannehttp://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

40. Cute outfit! Oh, and my Christmas money was gone before New Year's, so... yeah. Not super responsible with my money.

41. Sequins are always completely necessary :)

--Laura

42. Kendi, are these pants the slim cropped or the ultra skinny stretch pants from Gap?

43. Love it the whole outfit! Blazer is such a breath of fresh air!

44. Super cute! Love your MINT blazer! I wouldn't have passed it up either!

Style in the City

45. Gorgeous ! I loved the nude shoes !

46. Love the top!!

www.soyouagree.com

47. Closet FashionistaJanuary 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

This outfit is so pretty! I'm in love with all your new pieces :)

48. cool blazer!

49. Love the mint blazer!

50. love the colour of your new blazer! great look :)

51. Happy New Year! I just bought a striped shirt and have a feeling I'm going to be buying a lot more. You can never have too many!
    ~Jessica

52. Ugh, I WISH I could go spend my Christmas money on an outfit like that! But I'm on a year long spending fast. I was inspired by your friend Greater Than Rubies and I'm not shopping for clothes during 2013! Wish me luck. I'll keep coming here for outfit inspo.

www.annikadotbenitz.com

53. I love that blazer I was eyeing it on the bloom site.  Cute outfit as always!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

54. I'm wearing that striped tee on my blog too!! Love how you styled it!!

-Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

55. I'm slowly morphing into you. I just dyed my hair "cherry chocolate" after seeing how amazing it looked on you and I'm about to buy those exact shoes. I'm slightly obsessed with your style :)

56. Shio @SWeetnessaboosJanuary 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Looking lovely as always!! I am loving your shoes & bag, super cute! Hope you had a great New Year!

Shio

57. Those shoes are perfection!!! And yeah... I spent all of my Christmas money the day after Christmas... But it's not my fault after-Christmas deals are so amazing!

58. I have those same shoes from Sole Society and am beyond obsessed with them..classic nude heels with a little extra punch from the wedge. Plus, I got them for half price, which just sweetens the deal!

59. I have been searching for affordable shoes just like that for MONTHS. I signed up for Sole Society just to buy them and can't find them anywhere on the website. Do you have a style number or name?

60. I found them and they are sold out in my size. Sigh. Sadness. To anyone who is looking, they show up in leopard print but are called "Kelly."

61. I seriously JUST tried on that shirt at J. Crew earlier today! I really liked it, but didn't love it, and I thought I probably wouldn't wear it that much. I do love it on you though! This way I get to enjoy someone else wearing it well without spending the money myself! (oh, but I did get some shoes...so I still spent money...woops)

Sarah's Real Life

62. sweet deal!  you look awesome.  http://www.thismomsgonnasnap.com

63. Is the a link for your bag? I can't find it, and I love I!!!

64. Your hair looks so gorgeous with the colors in your outfit!! Perfect for winter :)

xx Emily

65. Love this outfit. Those shoes are great.

66. I got my first pair of shoes from Sole Society from husband for Christmas and I very seriosuly love them. So comfy!

xoBrittany
    brittanykytecreated.blogspot.com

67. Love it! The sequined striped top is amazing! Perfect.

68. Really like the sequinned stripe top! :) Shame the website is US only, it sounds like a great idea :)

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

69. I'm glad you got yourself some goodies!  good choices!

70. LOVE that mint color blazer:) You are starting the new year with a bang, and great outfit!

happymedley.blogspot.com

71. kristian satterleeJanuary 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I SHOULD be putting all my Christmas $$ towards a wedding but some shopping is looking awfully tempting.

Seriously though, I love these great basic items.

www.withoutastye.com

72. Love this outfit! so classic!

-theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

73. Super cute outfit! I love the sequined top and the blazer!

74. I LOVE the mint blazer! Also, those shoes are fab!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

75. lol. It's okay to show off your new stuff. Really cute outfit. Like the wedge heels.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

76. A friend just sent me the link of your blog. So far I love everything I see. So you are a polka dot lover, too! :)

77. Love the blazer and shoes. You look gorgeous!

78. I cannot pass up mint AT ALL right now!

xo Ashleyluckylittlebird.blogspot.com

79. Yeah, I definitely spent all of my Christmas money in one day. I will freely and unashamedly admit it.

80. I really love your outfit...you look great! Happy New Year! Have a great week.
    Toodles,
    Clare

81. This outfit is totally chic and adorable!

82. I love, love this look! Mint with black and white stripes has so been my thing lately! Loving how you rocked this combo.

You Like It? I Made It!http://youlikeitimadeit.blogspot.com/

83. Those shoes are so perfect: the color, wedge, pointy toe. And they look amazing with that color blazer!
    xx Allie

84. I love the color of your blazer and the slight shimmer on your top. Just enough sequins :)
    -Erin-OneTwoSummer

85. Lol your hilarious! Chic outfit ;)

pretty-strange.blogspot.com

86. Love, love, love your handbag!

87. Uhhh, love the color of the blazer. Nailed it.

88. I usually don't like wedges, but these are really cute! I would even wear them! ;)

89. starting off the New Year with a BANG!  I LOVE this entire outfit...in fact, I had a pale blue blazer on my list for tomorrow!!  And, I adore the nude wedges with the black pants...so chic!!!  Great look...and I spent all my Christmas money BEFORE Christmas and surprised my hubby with what he got me :)

90. HappinessatmidlifeJanuary 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

What great purchases!  Love the mint blazer -  I think I need one too :)

www.happinessatmidlife.com

91. Why do I hear my voice speaking throughout your entire post? haha, I may have shopaholic tendencies and totally do those rationalizations. I'm currently dying over this adorable hot pink bow coat from JCrew trying to come up with reasons why I really need it...:)
    Those are the perfect nude wedges! Are they comfortable? (Truthfully!)

sequinsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

92. Loveee Sole Society. And you definitely needed that sequin top. I bought the same one in purple. :)

93. haha don't worry, I've spent plenty of my Christmas money too. You look beautiful, as always. :)

Keep calm and carry lipstick.

94. So chic! This looks great, Kendi!

95. I love Sole Society.
    Not sure if their deal is still going on but last week I bought two shoes for the price of one!!!  BOGO SALE!  I can't wait, should be at my doorstep today :)

96. beautiful outfit, love that blazer and striped shirt together!

97. Love the blazer! Great outfit for the new year :)

intherainblog.com

98. Okay so the new shoes are reeeeally cute but let's talk about this sequin striped top you have on. Love this outfit!!

Sequintessential.com

99. f*ck me that is an awesome outfit. and my god, those jeans fit you like a glove.

hubba hubba!

100. Ahhh! Love those shoes. Will def check out the deal.

101. Ahh! LOVE those shoes. Will def be shopping that deal.
    Thank you!

102. What a beautiful look! I love the sequin stripes paired with the blazer!

103. awesome color scheme! I am looking forward to putting together a similar outfit :)

104. These shoes look amazing!! I want to see a closer look of this sequined top! I love stripes as well :)

Beijos from a Brazilian

105. Love the pale blue blazer!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

106. Love the top and blazer! Adorable! :)

XO Nat

107. Absolutely gorgeous!!  I now want those shoes and the blazer!!

108. This outfit is so cute and feminine, I love it!

www.inspirationlush.com

109. Love the sequin striped top - it's on my long list of planned DIY's this year))

110. I adore this look! So casual chic!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

111. I love this look and your hair is AMAZING!  Such a great color for you.  I just started following you recently and I cannot wait for more outfits.

http://magsmind22.blogspot.com/ Mags

112. Faith Kyunghee ChenJanuary 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I love this combination of pretty pastels with black!

113. Great outfit - very classy. And heck yes you needed a striped sequined shirt.

114. ok, um.. you always look great, but I am in absolute LOVE with this outfit. the pants are so slimming! i want every piece. unfortunately, i too, already spent all of my christmas money (responsibility is overrated). looks like I'll just have to suffer as a terrible person who doesn't own a mint blazer :(

115. your hair is so amazing! I love all of the outfits on here.

www.styleofsavannah.blogspot.com

116. Amazing look! Love the hair ;) And the shoes!

117. Absolutely GORGEOUS look! I love the mint + stripes pairing along with a little sheen and chic pants and shoes.

~Jacy

www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

118. P.S. this shirt is on SUPER sale right now and I just bought it. I blame you.

119. the the pants!