Olive & Blue

posted on: 8/30/2012

8.30.12a 8.30.12b 8.30.12c 8.30.12e 8.30.12d
{Top: Bloom | Jeans: Similar - blue | Shoes: ShoeMint | Scarf: Similar}

This is one of those weeks that I keep thinking the week is done and it's Friday. When you have deadlines, this is a terrifying, anxiety-inducing thought. Unless of course my deadline was to party, then it would have just been disappointing that it wasn't Friday.

You should know by now that if my hair is in a bun it's a) dirty, b) a shower might have been optional and c) I'm teetering on the line of 'dirty chic' and 'don't care.' We've pulled some late nights this week to launch our new fall collection for Bloom and this morning it just hit me, square in the sock bun. But the good news is new fall styles are online now! Totally worth a tired face and the dirty bun. And also worthy of the nap I will be taking in about two hours.

1. Olives: gross. The color olive: not gross. Dirty hair: potentially gross, but I think you're pulling it off.

Sarah's Real Life

2. I love your top! The color is gorgeous, and looks even better because of the sheerness of the top.
    :) Roxy

3. Would never have thought of this color combination but I love it!  Also I have a vintage polka dot scarf that is literally identical to yours :)

4. I've never understood the love of olives either. But as a color in a shirt form, done.

5. very pretty! love the colours of this look!

6. I'm wearing the same shoes for my outfit post today!! hehe :)

-Stephanie@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

7. Love that the sock bun makes dirty hair look chic - can't live without it now :)
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

8. can we get a sock bun tutorial up in here?!
    dirty chic has been my go-to this summer too

xo the egg out west.

9. You look gorgeous! Great bag and jeans!

10. I am not judging you for your dirty hair at all.  Late nights for work make things like that acceptible.  Plus, I'm not even looking at your hair because I can't get over your amazing cobalt blue pants!  Note to self: Learn how to pull off brightly colored jeans as well as Kendi.

11. You look lovely dirty hair and all! I love those blue pants. That is really exciting about the new fall styles for Bloom!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

12. Gorgeous outfit! That olive shirt looks amazing and I'm drooling over that bag. Also, your dirty hair looks waaaay better than my dirty hair!

13. love the outfit!!

14. Really cute look, love this colour combination, I've got khaki jeans and just got a cornflower blue top to go with!

15. I love this outfit; you are FALL ready! :)

16. Hi my dear!  You are so stunning and witty!  I bought these shoes because of you the same ones that you have here---I have to know were yours INSANELY comfortable from the very first time you wore them???

17. Wow...if that's what you look tired, then what is the matter with me when I'm tired? I look like a half zombie, half living person...and my hair never looks as perfect as that, even on my non-tired days. Hats off to you, Miss Kendi!

www.butshoppingmakesmehappy.blogspot.com

18. lovely outfit! You look fantastic and not tired at all.

19. I would have to say I am a fan of the color olive, however not a fan of green olives themselves. Disgusting creatures they are.
    You my dear, look glorious- not disgusting at all, even with that dirty hair.LindsayLindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

20. PS- Why is it I only find vintage scarfs that are like $38? Why can't I ever find one thats a reasonable price & cute. Show me your ways.

LindsayLindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

21. Love this look. That hair totally goes!

22. I finally figured out how to do the sock bun! My life will never be the same. Love the blouse and those shoes!
    ~Jessica

23. It is so funny how universal the hair up=dirty hair thing is! I was having one of those days too. Congrats on getting the fall styles online! My faves are the Multi Panel Blouse and the Pretty Pleats Skirt. So lovely!

24. I love the color of your blouse!

25. The fall collection looks great...especially on your adorable self! You are definitely living my dream life by owning your boutique. Good luck with the new stuff. Xoxo

26. Love the look and love the Fall styles. The Fall Blooms dress is gorgeous.-Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

27. If only I looked as good as you when I'm tired! I just saw myself in the mirror and it's death-warmed-over for me. Maybe I should try a sock bun!

28. Gosh, I wish I looked this good un-showered and exhausted!  You look gorgeous and I love your hair in the high bun.  Glad the week is almost over for you and excited to check out the new fall collection :)

www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

29. LOVE this look! the little touches of polka-dot & leopard print are so chic & fabulous!

http://www.chevrontochiffon.com/  :)

30. you look great for a girl who is about to take a nap!

31. Loving this combination and the fall collection is fantastic! Worth all of the hard work - I am sure it will fly off the shelves!

Zahra

32. I LOVE this combination!
    adoredlife.blogspot.com

33. LOVE your shoes!  And love your bun.

34. I love the blue pants! Very cute!
    I'd love if you'd check out my latest post and let me know what you think :)
    -Amber

35. Would've never thought of this color combo myself, but it's so unexpected and lovely! Your top is beautiful... blousey shirts for the win!

36. I love how, despite claiming lack of sleep, how stunning you always look! I desperately need to get myself out there and find some vibrant colored pants.  I can just feel your bun staring me down, saying, "yes, yes you should."

37. I love this look! Would have never thought to put royal blue and olive together. I love it!! And I can't wait to check out everything new at Bloom!

sincerelysk.blogspot.com

38. Love this look Kendi :) I'm loving olive for Fall and it pairs so well with the cobalt blue pants!

39. I tried on an olive jumpsuit this week because I wanted to try out tout that trend and didn't get it because I didn't know what to pair with it! Now I do!

www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

40. In love with the shirt and pants! :)

41. Blolive looks great on you :)
    Pity you do not ship to Europe (yet), but I am looking forward! :)

42. For the record I only dream of my dirty hair looking this good!

43. LOVE everything about this look - but my fave is the scarf on the bag! Adore!!!!

44. I love that color combination! I want to jump on the colored jean train so bad but I should probably wait until I'm not pregnant anymore!  I have decided to try your 30 for 30 challenge and would love for you to stop by and check it out!

45. Librarian on the RunAugust 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Kendi! I love your new Bloom fall collection! I sent you an email via your blog here - I hope you got it - but I was asking about a satchel you used in some of your item photos! Like this one here: http://www.bloomdowntown.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/teal-pleated-skirt - do you know who makes this satchel or is this something we can purchase from Bloom??? I've been looking for something like this for work for AGES!!! Love your fall collection!

46. Kendi, will you share with us how to create that chic sock bun?  Also, I'm going to jump over to your Bloom site now!  Can't wait to see the fall line...

47. Love that blouse!

48. Librarian on the RunAugust 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Kendi! Never mind! I found it :) It's the same as your pink one - just the tan color! HAHA! My librarian researching instincts figured it out! Melie Bianco, right?!? CUTE CUTE!

49. Those shoes are awesome and never would have thought to mix olive and blue!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

50. I love that bag! can you tell us where we can get one?!

51. ooh a nap sounds so good. and dirty chic, who cares? your face is gorg with all your hair pulled back. i mean, it is all the time, but especially today.

52. so pretty.
    love the bag, and those shoes.

asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

53. Love the shoes! Will check out the new Fall collection. Get some much-deserved rest :)

Kristin
    www.dressedandfed.com

54. Love the unexpected colors together!

Monica from Fashion Koketi

55. Totally felt like it's Friday all week!  Why do we wish our lives away? lol

56. I actually have the supplies to try out a similar outfit! Thanks for the inspiration, and be on the lookout for a copycat!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

57. I always love your looks Kendi! SO great!!

58. You look gorgeous! Dirty hair or not ;)
    I especially love that bag, though!
    xo Heather   http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

59. I keep thinking it's Friday too! And I'm in sock bun mode now, too. I love this combination of cobalt blue and olive! So cool. The shoes are great, too!

-Erin-

60. You look great! I love that floral scoop back tank :) great pics for fall!

xo,
    Amy
    itwasloveat.blogspot.com

61. Today on E! I heard this style of pant referred to as "Jeggings", that's right, Jean-Leggings.  When I heard, I thought, I have to tell Kendi!=)Congrats on the Fall line!
    Warmly,MaryaPartTimeHealthNut.com

62. Loving these shoes!

xoxo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

63. Love the heels with this outfit!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

64. I love love love your pants!

65. Kendi, I think you're funny & I like your outfits but the items in your store are seriously overpriced. It may be me but, is anyone really paying $78 for floral polyester dresses?

66. Love this. (: A collared blouse and jeans and some cute shoes make for a great, effortlessly chic outfit!

-theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

67. love the pants because i just love cobalt blue!

68. Wow your blouse is gorgeous, the color and fit are just amazing. The whole outfit looks so cute.

69. Everything I want is already sold out in my size!!! Total bummer...

70. Oh Ken I you have saved my butt(literally and figuratively) so many time for inspiration on colours the I never would have thought of, you and JCrew:-) Honestly though how do u stick to your rules especially about budget and only buying something that goes with 5 other things? Is there some magic will power serum or something. I am having trouble with this one.

71. Sorry for previous post with sp mistakes, my tablet touch screen is driving me...of course I mean Kendi, not Ken.

72. kristian satterleeAugust 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Excited to see your fall collection.

Love the color combo of this outfit. Not something I'd of thought of, but it works well.

73. I wouldn't even be able to tell that you're tired. You look so pretty and I WISH my dirty buns looked like yours. Mine kind of look..what's the word? oh yeah dirty :(

Oh and I think I need to look into ShoeMint because I kind of want to steal those off your feet!

74. I'll exchange with your tired look any day!!

75. Interesting mix of color. I like the mix of bold color with neutral green! I never would have put those colors together but I like it! :)

76. I knew I recognized those shoes from somewhere! Shoemint! love the look casual yet chic!

www.theluxuryrehab.com

77. I'm seriously diggin' this sheer button-up top look. If I could wear mine every day and have it be socially acceptable...I probably would.

www.katelynamanda.com

- Katelyn

78. Those pants look amazing on you!  I've been shying away from cobalt, but now I'm inspired to give it a go!

79. Congrats on the fall line! I love how you paired the green with the blue. I have the same color jeans!

xox,
    Sabrina

80. Yes. And olive oil is also A-OK in my book. As long as it doesn't get on your olive shirt, and then you're screwed.

81. and there I was wondering if I could wear my olive green top with my cobalt blue skirt.. looking gorgeous girl!

82. Love the fall line!!! Can't wait to launch mine!

83. Cuuuute outfit!! And your new collection is gorgeous! Worth all the work for sure.

84. Love the outfit! I was rocking a clean bun today which is the result of spending far too much time not being awake so that you only have about 2 seconds to fix your hair! And that's why I love a good bun! :)

85. I have been searching for colored jeans and even though they are everywhere, I cannot find a pair that fit right and don't look stupid. Maybe I just need to get use to the bold attention to my lower half or something.

86. Such a clever color combo for fall! It's great! Also, I love the new look of the blog :)
    -Haleigh

87. I looove that bag!

its-your-chance.blogspot.com

88. HappinessatmidlifeAugust 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Interesting color combo! Love your shoes!

BTW - I love naps - wished they would let me take one at work :)

www.happinessatmidlife.com

89. I love this color combo. I may have to try it!!:)
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

90. A few bun related things: 1. I wore a bun today for similar reasons, though some of my reasons involved wine. 2. Have you tried the bun screws from goody? They're amazing. 3. I saw this ribbon technique that looks fun thought her hair looked too nice to be putting in a bun to begin with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_XalR_TAgw Buns!

91. I love this post a lot! You look stunning!

92. I'm in love with this color combo cause I've been eyeing some cobalt blue slim cropped dress pants at the Gap for some time and I already have an olive green top that is similar to yours. Thanks for the style inspiration!

93. So simple yet gorgeous. I love your olive top!

94. RedTagChicLosAngelesAugust 31, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Loving that top bun Kendi....& that sheer olive top is a must-have!!

Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

95. If you're tired you've either got good makeup, good acting skills or are good with photoshop, 'cause you don't look it! Congrats on the new line - loving the polka dot sweater!

96. Love these colors together! Very cute. :)
    Yay! Skipping over to look at the new fall line now! Congrats.

Laura

97. pretty little thingsAugust 31, 2012 at 7:22 AM

those leopard print heels are so fab on you! love the whole outfit! xo

98. We adore your leopard print heels, and the way they look against the bright blue jeans!

99. Olive shirt directly following post about Olivia = NOW you've reached creeper status.

Just kidding! You look fabulous (and not creepy at all). And the fall styles look fantastic.

100. Soooooo relate...it's been an insane week for me and Fri is both terrifying and relief!  Love your shoes sooooooo much.
    <3 Cambriajupefashion.blogspot.com

101. Love that color combo. Never would have thought of it :)

flouncesandhubbub.blogspot.com

102. Ooooooo, I love those colors together!!  The bag goes so well with the look too! xo
    Best, M.
    fadedmstyle.com

103. Pretty, love the scarf tied onto your bag! x

104. I really love your style! Your blog is such an inspiration. Keep them coming. I had a couple of questions for you but your contact page doesnt seem to be working on my end. Help. :D

105. i am in absolute LOVE with your shoes!

106. A vintage scarf on an old purse is always my favorite way of freshening things up

107. I love your shirt! Camp shirts are my fav! Tired or not, you look great as always!

108. Love this sheer olive green blouse!! So cute. :)

xo - Sheila

109. I love your bright blue pants! The polka dot scarf on your bag looks great too :)

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

110. I love EVERYTHING about this look right from the bun to the shoes!
    Xx

kendra-genevieve-rose.blogspot.ca

111. Love your colour and style of your blouse!

112. This outfit is so chic! I love the color combo!

lachiccouturefashion.com