day and night

2.24.10
2.24.10
2.24.10
2.24.10
Today is Wednesday otherwise known as date night for my husband and I. You naysayers may say “wow is that all you do? just go on dates?” No. We lunch together as well. Every single day. Oh and sometimes we work, but that’s usually when we can fit it in between our dates and lunches.
We drove over to a little town not too far away and ate at our favorite burger joint. A nice man came in with a guitar and was the unofficial entertainment for the evening. As he drank his beer and strummed his guitar he sang the words “Who’s Gonna Get Stabbed in Alaska Tonight?” I think it was his own original piece. Nothing says romance like a song about a violent eskimo murder.
Since we needed to head out pretty quickly after work for our date, I grabbed some jeans to change into after we took my outfit pictures. I ended up really liking my date night outfit. It feels very americana no? I love when an outfit can easily go from day to night when you just add jeans.
2.24.10
2.24.10
Oh and if you are wondering how is it that I can not be wearing socks — it got up to 60 degrees here today. Yesterday it was snow, today sun. Texas weather is certifiably bi-polar.

1. I love the colors in the top outfit; the cut of the skirt is perfect. Great transition as well!

Sarah Yvonne

2. amy says:

Love it! I'm semi-obsessed with belts over cardis right now.
    Just fabulous– you belong in a catalog. A really good one, I mean.

3. Melanie says:

I love the ease of day to night!! And the jeans look super cute with that outfit!!

4. Kelly says:

I love both outfits! I think the jeans version might be my favorite but it's a close call.

Also that song sounds lovely. If only you two could be serenaded with it every night πŸ™‚

5. Cassidy says:

Love the mustard skirt! I can never decide what to wear my mustard colored clothing with – I always feel very mustard/ketchupy – but you pulled it off flawlessly!

And 60 degrees! I am jealous! We were still 30s-40s in Aggieland. πŸ™

02.25.10 · Reply
  6. Another day, another blog post in which you wear clothes that I absolutely adore. πŸ™‚ I seriously love the color palette here and that you transitioned from day to night.

– JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

02.25.10 · Reply
  7. Asdaaaaa, love this! Perfect style, both ways! So jealous of your 60 degrees!!

8. Eli says:

love your photos!! I often find myself doing something similar and editing an outfit after work to go on a date with my boyfriend. It makes things so easy!

02.25.10 · Reply
  9. Very Americana indeed! Oh what I would give for 60 degrees!

10. Erika says:

You are so funny — I enjoy actually reading your posts and not just skimming over the pictures (which I'm pretty guilty of sometimes :|)

Your other blog is as equally entertaining
    πŸ˜€

02.25.10 · Reply
  11. The colors are beautiful and it's amazing how it works with jeans too! Love the story about the "violent eskimo murder"

12. merly k says:

you southern ladies and your bragging of warm weather.. wisco got up to 35 and I walked to take the trash out without a coat. And yes I did a little jig.. that turned into a fit of rage when it started snowing again today.

in other news, just found you via lovely indiana, and I have to say… I'm quite smitten. Can your boyfriend please come photograph me? I promise my manfriend won't mind.. he would love a few days off! πŸ˜‰

02.25.10 · Reply
  13. The eskimo murder song made me laugh so hard. I read it to my roommate, and he loved it as well. Gotta love the crazy troubadour types.

14. Stel says:

aww date night thats so cute!! Loving the outfit today – the belt looks awesome over the red cardi.

Stel xx

15. Kathryn says:

I really love both versions of this outfit. The skirt is perfect, and paired with the teal tights it looks amazing.

16. eek says:

Great looks! And since I live in H-town, completely agree about the weather πŸ™‚

02.25.10 · Reply
  17. I love an outfit that can funtion in the day and evening! And I'm not a fan of Forever 21's quality of shoes, I must admit that your shoes are fab!

And I agree, Texas weather is definitely bipolar!

02.25.10 · Reply
  18. I really like both versions but I might possibly be in love with the day one. That J. Crew skirt is amazing and I just love what you did with it here.

19. ANA says:

I LOVE the outfit with the mustard skirt! I am so jealous of all the color in your wardrobe!

– Ana

20. Diane says:

such a great mix of colors!

21. Sabrina says:

both outfits are so great!! I love the red and blue. The mustard colored skirt has to be my favorite though.

I love your shoes and would of bought them, but I know I can't walk in 4' heels.

22. Olivia says:

I would like to say your outfits are adorable and so is your hair..you always find the most stylish and unique ways to wear it. It’s the perfect crowning jewel of your outfits!

Quick qusetion where are the jeans from? I love how distressed they are!

23. Lexie says:

such a cute look! i looove the yellow skirt, but i definitely think the jeans are perfect for a date night!

02.25.10 · Reply
  24. Love the transition you made to the second outfit….perfect! You have the cutest style.

02.25.10 · Reply
  25. Oh, lady, you just made my brain explode with the awesomeness of the outfit transition!

02.25.10 · Reply
  26. I love this outfit and what you wrote. Your blog is just my absolute favorite. The pictures here are insanely gorgeous, by the way! Love it ALL!

02.25.10 · Reply
  27. Oh I love this! Yes Please! I just got come oxfords and I need some ideas for outfits. These two are simply astonishing. I love the colors combo with the mustard yellow skirt. You look beautiful.

Rachael
    itssimplelove.blogspot.com

02.25.10 · Reply
  28. the skirt, the sweater, wow! great color combination. i am totally on ebay looking up that skirt right now.
    alltumbledown.blogspot.com

02.25.10 · Reply
  29. Fabulous combo! I have been dying for that very pencil skirt. But since it is from last year, I think I'll have to scour ebay.

uberchicforcheap.blogspot.com

30. heather says:

I love the way you played with colors in the day look. You made a basic pencil skirt and cardigan seem like something entirely new. love <3
    becauseicantgonaked.blogspot.com

02.25.10 · Reply
  31. Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award over at my blog πŸ™‚ Have been seriously lovin' your style and writing.

This outfit transitioned perfectly!

32. Sonya says:

I love the outfit with jeans, it is sooo cute! Love your blog, too!

33. kskeen27 says:

Thanks everyone!! Olivia — My jeans are from Gap, I got them last fall but they are still there. It's the destroyed skinny jean. Happy shopping πŸ™‚

02.26.10 · Reply
  34. Britty says:

i love the outfits!

02.26.10 · Reply
  35. !Tb0n3! says:

I love the outfit transition! And your shoes are so cute!

02.26.10 · Reply
  36. I love your date night outfit, it's so sweet! I also love the color combo for when you wore it to work.

streetcake.wordpress.com

02.26.10 · Reply
  37. I love this outfit so much and am now scouring eBay for that skirt. First Whitney at Darling Dexter and now you. Gah. Must have.

02.26.10 · Reply
  38. you are so adorable. i love reading all your funny posts. im excited to find your blog!
    loves
    britt

02.26.10 · Reply
  39. Super cute outfit, especially with the jeans. We have our weekly date night as well, but it usually involves eating in, watching a movie, and just plain paying attention to each other…as opposed to every other night when I'm reading and he's on the computer. Good times!

02.27.10 · Reply
  40. Clare says:

I am SO absolutely going to copy this look. I love it ALL. This is one for the books, lady! πŸ™‚

02.27.10 · Reply