The *Other* Amazon Maxi Dress

Ok so remember when I wore the infamous Amazon Maxi dress here?? And I talked mad sh*t about the black maxi dress that I didn’t like as much as the grey one that I love love love?? Okay, I rescind my initial reaction. I just hadn’t given this dress enough time. I tried it on to decide if I wanted to keep it or not and then just left it on because it was comfortable and realized hours later that I actually really liked this dress. Then I took it on a road trip and realized it was the perfect road trip dress. I was just comparing it to my initial love of the grey one and since it’s a different fit and fabric I wasn’t giving it a fair trial.

Find this black maxi dress here!

Three wears and washes in — I’ve got the verdict. It’s a winner. It washes beautifully. (I wash on cold, hang to dry.) It’s so soft, I feel like I’m in pajamas. SO what’s the difference between this black maxi dress and this grey one here? This dress is a jersey fabric with less structure than the grey one. I would say straight up the grey one is more ‘flattering’ if you will AKA I felt skinnier in it. Ha! But this one wins on the comfort level, it’s so soft and gets softer with washing. The grey one has a bit more structure and keeps it’s shape more and this one is slinkier. That’s the biggest difference. The back on this one goes lower as well, but you couldn’t see my bra. (I’m wearing just a normal bra with this one and the grey one. No need for fancy underthings on this one!) Okay, just kidding you can see my bra strap on that last photo, but you know what I mean. 😉

So this maxi dress can be found here: MakeMeChic Maxi Dress

I found it to be true to size but loose. Size down if you are in between sizes or petite. More fit info below!

The grey maxi dress post is found here or the product is found here: GREECERELLE Maxi Dress

Shop the post:

Editor's Notes:

I am in the medium of this maxi dress. I feel like it runs true to size for me, but if you’re petite consider sizing down. The arms aren’t as loose on me as the model, but other than that it fits true to size! (For reference, I’m usually a medium in tops and this dress fits like a medium top! If you’re a large in tops, go large, small then go small etc.)

1. Mireia says:

Looks so comfy and casual!

Mireia from TGL

06.25.18 · Reply
  2. Daria EDU says:

I must say – your blog is just awesome 😀
    These days it is so hard to find a post where you can truly see that the author puts her heart and soul into.
    Great job and have an amazing week.
    Big fan, Daria <3

06.25.18 · Reply
  3. Rach says:

You had me at comfortable! Now I need this dress haha!

06.25.18 · Reply
  4. This dress looks perfect for a comfy and casual day. Very cute!
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    htpp://mllecoconath.com

06.26.18 · Reply
  5. 06.26.18 · Reply
  6. Jessie says:

I don’t know how you do it, but things always look sooo much better on you than the models! From Amazon stuff, to various brands at Nordstrom, to LOFT, to that lovely reddish floral dress from Anthropologie last fall (I could not get over how much you were selling that to me, though I didn’t end up buying it, using some mega will power)… some of these I wouldn’t (or haven’t) taken a second look at on the model but then I see them on you and I love them! We don’t have the exact same body type (I’m shorter, more booty) but your posts give me a much better sense of what some items might look like on me, compared to the image on a model.

Also, you’re pretty funny in a nerdy seemingly-effortless way (no judgment if you do make an effort of course!), so I appreciate that too!!

06.26.18 · Reply
    • Kendi Everyday says:

OMG your description of ‘more booty’ made me laugh. I had more of a booty when I was pregnant and I thought it was going to stick around and alas…it’s leaving me faster than I can say ‘peach’. HA! I was getting used to looking good in yoga pants but alas, pancake butt is back. Ha! I had fun while it lasted.

You are SO nice with all your compliments up there! I’m glad I can help! Oh and that floral dress from last year really is the best! If you’re an 8 and ever need to borrow, you know how to hit up 😉

06.26.18 · Reply
      • Jessie says:

Glad to compliment you! Your blog is one of the few style blogs where I’m not like “ok ok where is this going?!” In the text part. Both the pictures and the words are always good! It’s one of my go-to morning reads!

06.26.18 · Reply
  7. Jackie says:

Great blog Kendi. I bought the grey maxi dress you featured and you are right, it is super comfortable and very chic. Cool and classy but not boring. The super easy travel dress. I am 5’5” and 125 lbs, bust 34” and I got the small, it fits perfectly. And no need for different bras or anything, it just throws on and looks great!

06.26.18 · Reply
    • Kendi Everyday says:

Jackie! Thank you for leaving your fit review as well! So helpful! Appreciate you 🙂

06.26.18 · Reply
  8. Looks fire. I love the fact it’s from Amazon.

06.27.18 · Reply