30 for 30 Finale: The Summer Edition

30-for-30-Round-Up_Summer
So here are all the 30 looks all in one place. I still have a few combinations up my sleeves, but I’ve decided to wear them outside of the challenge — as I don’t have enough clothes not to. Unless you count a shirt with no pants as an outfit. I know somewhere in America they do, but I’m not allowed to go there.
So I have to say that this time around was a lot easier. Perhaps in part because I knew what to expect, but I really enjoy having this challenge around and I hope you do to. It really helps to give me perspective on what I have and a balance of what I want and what I need. My friend Emily Kennedy said that this whole experience is very “zen of your closet” and I couldn’t agree more. To” be in the closet you have” is a challenging but wonderful thing.
I have to say that if this has not made you a believer in accessories, then I don’t know what will. A scarf, a belt, a pair of shoes can change an outfit easily, quickly and cheaply. All I want for fall are scarves and a pair of boots. I might get cold, but it will be worth it, trust me.
Moving on to the more gratuitous part of this wrap-up are my favorite looks. Numbers 3, 6, 12, 17, 24, 30 were my faves (1 for each week). Did you have a favorite? My husband seemed to like all of the outfits that contained either the lace top or the leopard print skirt. Typical.
To everyone that participated THANK YOU! I hope you had fun and learned a thing or two about your closet. If you want to participate for another challenge, I’m sure I’ll be brewing something up later on this fall.
(Oh and in case you wanted a poster size of my 30 for 30 outfits, just contact me. I’m only printing two on my black and white laserjet printer — one for you, lucky reader, and one for my husband for his office. A huge poster of 30 Kendi’s just sitting next to a vase of confetti. He loves my decorating skillz.

1. I love this! Thanks so much for making this so we would be able to see it all together. You look lovely in every single photo. x

2. aimee says:

I love look 3 the most! Crazy thing is that I've been partial to the number 3 my whole life. hmmm… i would love to participate next time, i just have to work up the courage to show the world my completely bare wardrobe.

08.16.10 · Reply
  3. I love this challenge, congrats on a successful run! Looking forward to what you are wearing this fall! I hope I can join in on the next 30 for 30 challenge!

4. #8 = happy

Yay fun/pretty wrap-up!

5. Mikaela says:

I love #17 the best, with the cute stripey top, grey skirt, and adorable white headband.

6. Stephanie says:

Woo 3 is my favorite. All the bright colors together look so great.

-Vern

7. Camden says:

I love them all! You're so good at this, I would never even know that you were only using 30 pieces. I wish I could have you to help me pick out what to wear every morning, I'm so not creative!

8. Leigh says:

I really love that leopard skirt. It is outrageously cute. My favorites were actually the same as yours except I would also add 8. I love the mix of the stripes with the print and the belt over the sweater. I'm crazy for stripes.

I definitely am going to try this as soon as the weather here in SoCal is a little more consistent. Some days it's blazing, others it's freezing. Does, not, make, sense.

Saltwatering.

9. Ebony says:

This is amazing! 😀 I love every single one. Such lovely coloured and places photos too – your man has talent.

Can't wait until you do this all again. Maybe one day I'll try it 🙂

08.16.10 · Reply
  10. I like look 30 the best actually, i think its just the colours.

08.16.10 · Reply
  11. You did an amazing job with the challenge and have inspired me to take on my own mini remix challenges. Btw, I love your writing style. You crack me up!

12. Sille says:

I loved 3, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20 and 28 the best. And other outfits were cute too! You're amazing =)

08.16.10 · Reply
  13. Numbers 3 and 14 are the best!!! So lady like! Love them!

08.16.10 · Reply
  14. # 2, 3, 4 & 17 are my personal favourites. Looking at all 30 in a block like that, it really doesn't look like repeats apart from the really obvious patterns (leopard skirt!). Such a great challenge, well played!

08.16.10 · Reply
  15. The all white outfit is speaking to me. I am still stuggling with summer brain!

Giveaway time!

16. Tess says:

Amazing! I really love it!

08.16.10 · Reply
  17. it's so fun to see all of the outfits in one place. yay for finishing and THANK YOU for hosting. such a lovely hostess…

18. Carrie says:

#2, 7, 17, and 25 are my favs. Looks like you had a lot of fun with this and it's a great reminder that we all can "shop our closet" and come up with a lot of fun outfits!

19. Jenn G says:

4, 9 & 24 are my faves – I absolutely love the yellow Loft dress – look great on you 🙂

08.16.10 · Reply
  20. You did such an amazing job with this challenge, Kendi. I'm pretty jealous of your remixing skills since I gave up at day 17 out of boredom. I'd love if you'd be willing to remix your pictures to show off a couple of key items like the loft dress, the leaopard skirt, and the chambray top.

08.16.10 · Reply
  21. Love, love, love!! I think you did such an amazing job! It never got old or boring. If I didn't know you were remixing, I would have never noticed. Awesome job!

22. Sal says:

Congrats on completing the challenge – again! You're a total star.

23. Melissa says:

I love these. You are such an inspiration in remixing!

I'm sad that I didn't do the challenge this time, but I just might do the next one!

24. anna says:

congratulations! i really enjoyed all of your outfits. it was cool to see you pull together so much from your remix. you have a few pieces that i'm dying over…like the leopard skirt and yellow dress. they are gorgeous on you!!

08.16.10 · Reply
  25. 8, 10 and 24 are definitely my favorites.

I'm so bummed that I found out about this challenge too late, so please do brew up something for the fall.

Kendra

26. Leslie says:

I discovered your blog the other day on collegefashion.net and I have since been ADDICTED. I looked at every post you made since the beginning of the Spring 30 for 30 challenge and I am in love with your styling skillZ (yes, that was intentional) and your amazing husband's photography. I love how almost every post you go to a different place and the photographs are gorgeous and you are so pretty too. Please keep writing. I have bookmarked and will be checking back often.

27. Leslie says:

And I noticed you only wore the red top in #4 once… why is that?

28. Andie says:

I am a bit late to the party, but I'm starting a 30 for 30 today and this morning I was ALREADY having trouble getting dressed. It was like my brain shut off and everything I picked out for the challenge wasn't good enough. I'm hoping to pull out of that mindset!

You did a great job!

08.16.10 · Reply
  29. Wow! A shout-out! Thanks so much lady!

Well, I say this all the time, but my favorite items are the pink skirt and the white pants. The pink skirt seems so fitting to your fun personality, and the white pants make your legs look miles long.

30. jinks says:

Love looks #6, 11, 24. Very polished and pulled together without being overly styled and stuffy. Not that any of the looks are stuffy. BTW its great getting a solid dose of sarcasm everyday. Every time I say something sarcastic to anyone other than my family I get the "is there a second head coming out of my shoulder" look. Kudos on the 30 for 30. (Compliment is completely sans sarcasm)

31. Lauren says:

Congrats on finishing! I liked look 3 the most-that leopard skirt is my favorite of all 30 items! It's so amazing how you were able to put pieces together each day for something totally new! I've learned a lot from you-it doesn't have to match, it has to GO. Favorites for each week: 3, 8, 12, 19, 21, and 30. You're amazing!

32. origami says:

Wow, it really is something to see it all together. What an inspiration! Can't wait to see the Fall/Winter edition! *wink*

33. Emily Kathryn says:

3, 6, and 27 were definitely my favorites. So cute!

34. Cheroylie says:

I think 3 and 16…and 28 are my favorites!

08.16.10 · Reply
  35. you did an amazing job. all the outfits look so different.

36. Jameil says:

I'm starting next month! Can't wait!!

37. Melanie says:

I LOVE number three! Definitely my fave. I'm hoping one day I have the guts and the creativity to try one of these infamous 30-for-30 challenges. Great job (again)!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

08.16.10 · Reply
  38. You are like an outfit remix master. I've followed along for 2 of these now, and I can't wait for the next one! I might even jump in during fall to participate. 🙂

-MeganRose

megan-loves.blogspot.com

08.16.10 · Reply
  39. Thank you for creating the 30 for 30 challenge! I had so much fun doing it, and I discovered that I really can go a month without shopping! My favorite look is #8: I love the colors and the pattern mixing.

40. Becca says:

Kendi, I'm just so impressed with you. I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical of the whole 30 x 30 concept. Looking at all of your looks in one place, I'm thinking to myself "wow, she's stylish" not "hmmm… she just keeps wearing the same stuff over and over." I'm not sure I'm brave enough for a 30 x 30 of my own, but I need to try to remix my piece in new and different ways to get more mileage out of them!

41. Molly says:

I'm so impressed and inspired by this WHOLE thing. I can't wait to play along next time!!

08.17.10 · Reply
  42. ♥alicia says:

Congrats, it was a fabulous journey!

Alicia
    wholesomefashion.blogspot.com

08.17.10 · Reply
  43. Kim says:

You should look into having a full color poster printed out for your husband for his birthday or Christmas. 🙂

08.17.10 · Reply
  44. kskeen27 says:

Thank you, everyone!! SO so nice! You must stop or my ego will explode. (just kidding, don't stop. ever)

Leslie — I don't know why I didn't wear that top more! Looking at everything I could have paired it a few more times. But that's okay — it's still in the rotation of my closet. 🙂

08.17.10 · Reply
  45. delaney says:

3 8 16 18 21 27. You aree amazingg and hilarious! (:

08.19.10 · Reply
  46. Yay! Congrats Kendi! I just finished my challenge and posted my roundup too.
    I loved every outfit you made with that aqua tank and that leopard skirt. And I adore your yello dress. You did such a good job, I went back trying to count how many pieces you really had worn in the challenge just to make sure 🙂

xx Vivian @ diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Hope you'll check out my round up!

08.19.10 · Reply
  47. Ashley says:

I'm just so impressed. I think I could do the 30 for 30 challenge, like the actual dressing and stuff. I think I'm pretty good at wearing things in different combos. What I could NOT do would be to pick out 30 things that I was going to wear all at once. I think I would just get SO overwhelmed and then I would give up…and eat ice cream. Planning that far in advance just makes me tweak out. But enough about me, I love your looks 🙂 Great job!

xoxo, Ashley

08.22.10 · Reply
  48. Lisa says:

My favorites are 12 and 17. As a stylist I'm always looking for new ideas. Thanks for some inspiration.
    Lisa

09.08.10 · Reply
  49. M. (Faded M Style) says:

This is really so inspiring!  I love everything you've come up with!
    Best, M.