Nobody's Perfect

posted on: 1/09/2014

01.09.14-9

I found this shirt at J.Crew the other day when my Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket. (It lasted 5 days. That might be a new record.) I think this tee was made for me. Perfection is a burden that I try not to carry. What is that saying? Perfection is boring. That is a very true statement, although currently I'm rocking some very well-hidden adult acne and I'd really like if my skin could strive to be boring. That would be great.

01.09.14-8 01.09.14-6 01.09.14-5 01.09.14-3 01.09.14-7 01.09.14-2 01.09.14-4 01.09.14-1

The next tee J.Crew needs to make is "yes, these heels do hurt" and "but coffee first" I will be able to wear all of my motto's in t-shirt form. Also remember when I said that bold earrings are in this year in my last post? Is this actually true or did I just want you to think I was cool? You may never know.
____________________
tee: J.Crew
blazer: bloom
pants: J.Crew
heels: Similar
bag: Kelly Wynne
earrings: similar
sunnies: old Coach / Similar

1. Great outfit, and your hair is awesome!
    www.bhreaghwho.com
    Bhreagh

2. Can we get started on that coffee tee? And holy cats, I love those pants!

3. Eeek! I love these pants too! I've worn them three times since buying them last week. I think that's a good sign :)

4. i would totally buy the "but coffee first" shirt! http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2014/01/so-much-to-say.html

5. The earrings pop the outfit and ties it together very nicely! I'm guilty of the same perfection burden so my motto is 'no such thing as perfect'! You're other two mottos are mine too! I hope JCrew's reading this and going to print ASAP!!

OUTFIT POST:: MAD about PLAID

www.eyelikefashion.com
    www.eyelikefashion.com
    www.eyelikefashion.com

6. THOSE PANTS. #ftw. such a fun pair!

xx, valerie @ lilyonfillmore.com

7. You are beautiful dear! This outfit really makes me excited to see what else you'll bring to the table for 2014 :)

Katelyn
    www.katelynnow.com

8. Love the tee and those earrings are gorgeous - this new haircut is so flattering on you...adorable!

www.pennypincherfashion.com

9. hannah ♥ provinzkindchen.comJanuary 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

i love your new hair so much, it suits you very well :)

10. LOVE the Tee. Perfection! Hee Hee. Those earrings are wonderful too!

11. love, love, love your hair! & those earings & those pants!! x

dipped in yellow

12. Love the whole look, but those earrings are amazing!

www.pinkjulepabroad.com

13. Girl, your hair is just perfect!!

14. In love with earrings! Great look!

Welcome to my blog www.fashionfevery.blogspot.com
    Maria

15. You have the best graphic tees! I literally want one of all of them, but then I just look like I'm stalking you! And I love the idea of a "yes, the heels do hurt" tee! Must-Have!

16. AshleyKira MackSaindonJanuary 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Love this whole look! I saw similare pants the other day, but wasn't sure about purchasing them. After this post - I am on my way to the store! Thanks for the inspiration!

www.ashleykiraand.wordpress.com

17. I love love love this outfit and really want those pants from J.Crew! So cute! xo

18. So cute! Great shirt, girl! And those pants are marvelous. Definitely not boring! :)

19. gorgeous! those pants are amazing!

www.modernsuburbanites.blgospot.com

20. I second those other shirt ideas. I would totes buy them.

I love those pants!

21. Super cool look!! You're gorgeous :)

www.emerjadesign.com

22. What a great look and in love with your new hair style. Great pants so bright and perfect for Spring 2014. Those earrings are just to die for. Gorge!

23. very pretty! i love those bright pants!

24. Loving these earrings. They work fantastic with your new hair!

25. Ha! It worked. I think you are cool and I feel better about myself for my love of statement earrings. My aunt and I have been rocking them for years. The bigger, the better - she calls them "ear trash."

26. That's a fun tee and the way you've styled it is even better! I'm so happy bold earrings are going to have a big come back, cause I'm a fan of those! J Crew should be definitely making those tees soon, they'd be a hit!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

27. Is Perfection boring? Your hair is perfect! :D

28. pretty little thingsJanuary 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM

you cut your hair! love!! xo

29. I would be the first in line behind you for those two shirts ;) Love the hair!
    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

30. You are fab. Love everything about these pics!

31. Love that tee!!!! Need it.

32. Love that shirt, bought that shirt, wearing that shirt right now. The haircut is awesome- love it!

33. Love your hair. Love that shirt. Love this outfit. Love your attitude. And love the "but coffee first" motto - get on it, J.Crew!
    Perpetually Caroline

34. love the pantss!! great that they match the earrings :)

perfect is boring, we wouldnt be on this Earth if we were <3
    Xo,
    Belen
    www.androbel.com (online shop & blog)

35. There is literally nothing I can say about this outfit except for absolutely wonderful! I love the pattern of the pants, and the shirt is awesome. Love the short hair, too!
    -Becca
    whyshesings.blogspot.com

36. L.O.V.E. your hair!!! Outfit is fabulous as usual!

37. Your hair is breath taking!! I love it! This is beautiful! The shirt and earrings are my fave :)

38. I want a series of t-shirts with things I constantly say in my classroom, but I'm pretty sure my students would be sick of that. Love the earrings! My lobes would have rebelled against me the second I put those on. They're wimps when it comes to big earrings. My t-shirt right now says, "Jealous of your earrings."

39. Love this and LOVE your hair...so chic.
    ~FringeGirl

40. No one is perfect but this blazer is PRETTY damn close.

xo Ashley

thetiniestfirecracker.com

41. Nobody's perfect...but those earring ARE!! Love your new hair cut !

42. Super cute shirt!
    Love your hair!

43. love love love the earrings :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

44. OMG those pants are just so cute!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

45. This is so fun! What a great outfit!

46. I love the earrings! Such a cute color! And I love this tee such a good motto. I agree J. Crew does need to come out with a shirt that says, "these heels do hurt" because well most of the time they do!

Have a wonderful day,
    Jess

47. Gorgeous, I also saw that shirt and wish I had snagged it!

xo, Nina

afterthe40barfinish

48. very cute!.. love the tee....

49. I hope you were right about the earrings, because I already ordered some. And can I just say AGAIN that I love the new hair? Cuzzzz I do.

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

50. I'm going to be honest... I was really sad to see you get your hair cut. Until this post! Oh my goodness, I love it. Might have to go and copy it asap. Love this whole look. I guess you really can do know wrong, Kendi ;)

51. I meant "no" wrong. Ha!

52. Wow! Love the hair, love the pants, love the shirt!!! So fun...

www.glitterarygirl.blogspot.com

53. This outfit makes me want to go out and buy patterned pants! I love how you styled them. I've been too scared to get any!

xo Kimi
    www.twentysomethingsimple.wordpress.com

54. Love this outfit, especially the shirt! Perfection is a battle I struggle with everyday, even though I am so far from it!

55. Great pants. So bright and cheerful!

AHKA VINTAGE BLOG

AHKA VINTAGE SHOP

56. I actually really love that shirt. I agree with the " But, coffee first" should be next. Great look!
    Jessica

the way to my Hart

57. Classy Chic &amp; ChardonnayJanuary 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM

love the shirt but those earrings.. too good!!

Classy Chic & Chardonnay

58. hehe love this tee and not everyone is perfect but those earrings are pretty darn close! love those pants as well :)

59. cutest pants!

60. Your hair looks really great! Good for you!

61. HappinessatmidlifeJanuary 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I love this tee!! I may need to stop by J Crew!

www.happinessatmidlife.com

62. Have I commented on how much I like your short hair?

63. OMG. I literally think I need this tee in my life....and those other t-shirts that may or may not actually exist.

xo Jackie

Something About That

64. It suits her damn well aint it?

65. So cute! And such the perfect tee, I love it. By the way, loving the new do!:)

66. Love the printed pants on you! I really like them with the cute casual tee too :)

Away From The Blue

67. such a cute look, and i love those trousers!

68. love your new shirt, but those pants as well! amazing look :)

69. love those crazy pants! andthe eassings are cute too!

http:/www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

70. I'm late on this, but I love your new hair cut!

71. hahaha I need the "but coffee first" shirt so badly. I'd wear it to bed every night so when I wake up and someone tries to bombard me... I can just point. So easy, so necessary.

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

72. Nobody's Perfect......except This Lady!!!!!! Killer new hair style!! That's what I love about you!!! You do a dramatic change to your physical appearance and then nonchalantly discuss T-shirt options from Crew!!! Perfection!!!!

73. Great style , the nobodys perfect t-shirt is lovely !

74. Kendi, you look so stunning and vibrant...the hair, the earrings, the whole ensemble really...you are totally rocking this outfit! Thanks for inspiring me to step out of my comfort zone from dressing like a snooze to taking chances with outfits and finding out it totally works!

75. Love this Kendi :) Those pants are gorgeous and loving those statement earrings.

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

76. Totally agree with the tee! Love your pants too, such a cute color and print. You look amazing!

77. I absolutely love your hair; the length looks great on you, which I'm sure any length would. And, because you said so, I'm going to start rocking the bold earring trend! I really like the sound of it.

NCsquared Life

78. I think you should pitch your t-shirt ideas to jcrew and I would buy them!! Love this look. I have been wearing tees with almost every outfit these days.

79. love the whole look but love the earrings most! Gorgeous

www.lifeisjustrosie.com

80. Amazing style ! You would surly enjoy Fashom.com where you can share your everyday fashion looks, and seek inspiration !

81. This has to be one of my favourite outfits from you Kendi! You look amazing! I just bought a tee from J.Crew that says "blah blah blah blah" I love it! If they had tees in those mottos you suggested I'd get them in a second! xx

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

82. Beautiful jewelry! Loving it! :) And your haircut looks perfect!

ANDREA

83. The print on these pants are absolutely gorgeous!

84. Nobody's perfect...but your haircut is.

85. That phrase is possibly the best ending line of a movie :)

Fab haircut.

86. It must be opposite day because you look PERFECT!! This is seriously one of my fav outfits ever.

87. Your earrings are super cool!

88. love the hair and the earrings!!

89. Kendi! I love love love those earrings! You're so right- the bold, statement necklaces / earrings are coming back. I have to say, I've been following your blog for a while now, and I'm truly inspired by every outfit you put together. I can't wait to continue to follow along - p.s. love the new haircut, you can pull it off and i'm definitely jealous of that!
    Xo
    Caitlin

90. I love your cut, love your earrings, and looove that tee. pretty much my favorite outfit ever.

www.highheelstosneakers.com

91. http://skreened.com/thecoffeeshop/but-first-coffee-vintage-v-neck

Girl, it does exist!!! :)

Also, love your hair!

92. Celebrities&amp;FashionJanuary 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM

So cool, I'm impressed how amazing you combined these pants with blazer and accessoires! Very very nice!

93. Amazing look! This looks so good
    Before carrying out any look...i always use veet wax strips.

94. Gorgeous earrings and bag! I think you are right and statement earrings will definitely be big this year!

Katie
    Seewhatkatiewears.com

95. Amazing. I would buy the "yes these heels do hurt" shirt if it came out ;)

96. Your earrings! So amazing, love your pants and mottos too!

xo, Ashleigh @ Fashion in Flight

97. those earrings are stunning! ps. love your new hair!

xxoo,
    nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

98. Love the "Some Like It Hot" reference on the tee!

99. Love love the new hair cut! So chic yet edgy!

100. Your hair looks AMAZING!!! suits you so so well. You always look perfect though.

101. Nobody is perfect but you're cutting it pretty damn close Kendi! Love this outfit girlfriend.

Chelsea & The City

102. This is stunning! Love it!

Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

103. How do you do your eyeliner? It looks, dare I say . . . perfect?

104. adorable outfit, love the earings
    x
    Saba

105. I love love your blog and style! We seem so similar in ways! I always love reading your blogs, they're one of my favorites! And you're right, statement earrings are definitely "IN" this year! (Although I may be biased a bit since I am a jewelry designer...) anyway love this blog post!

-Ryn
    www.styledbyryn.wordpress.com

106. beautiful earrings!!

xx Angie | www.thefashionfuse.com

107. I adore this look! And you are hysterical. I am off to search for some statement earrings stat!