I feel like this is my best kept secret that I’m about to share with you: now is the time to shop the sales for spring. After Christmas sales are usually inundated with fall items, heavy coats, winter boots, holiday centric items etc. And that is great but sometimes when you buy the off-season sale you can’t wear the items until the following season. But with the Winter sale right now going on at Nordstrom, let me tell you something: you can wear a lot of these items now and in the next coming months, brand new at 40% off. And there are actually a lot of items that were new just a few weeks ago. This sweater I’m wearing? It was brand new in January and now not but 6 weeks later it’s 40% off. This is why it pays to be my friend — I might be one of the few people who stalk stores’ websites constantly to see what’s new and what’s on sale as a pastime. Some people knit, I shop online.
Back to buying spring things on sale — I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite items from the Nordstrom Winter Sale but I’ll also leave you a few tips as well below!
Leather sandals / striped top / off the shoulder sweater / floral blouse
madewell striped top / rms luminizer set / leather bootie / Madewell button fly jeans
lightweight blouse / soft trench jacket / tie dye joggers / floppy hat
lightweight sweater / jumpsuit / leather booties / silk blouse / nike sneakers / champion tee
statement earrings / joie blouse / leather tote / polka dot tee /faux suede jacket / yoga pants
Tips for Shopping the Next Season on Sale
- Look for lighter colors. Think spring hues: pastels, creams, ivory, etc. Light blue is a really big color for spring and as always pink will always rule the warmer seasons. So look for colors that can carry into spring, think less neutrals and more pastel.
- Lightweight fabrics and materials are key. Look for silk blouses on sale — a year round staple or blouses that are too cool for now but will be perfect with a light jacket come April. Also look for lighter weight jackets and blazers too.
- Think a season ahead. Right now sandals seem silly because it’s still boots sweater but snatching up a $30 pair of sandals won’t seem so silly when you reach for them this spring. Or even a swimsuit or a cover up. Start thinking now what you like to wear or need for spring. Sandals, shorts, dresses, etc.
- Don’t snub booties just yet — there is a case to be made for spring booties and the Vince Camuto Gigetta bootie that was all over your Instagram last fall can work perfectly for spring. I love this one here — the lightweight leather will work for you this spring.
- Accessories never go out of season so pick up some items that work year round — earrings, handbags, sunglasses! All are on sale.