This month I am all about that winter glow. Okay, okay most of the time it’s summer glow and not winter because let’s be honest — winter skin sucks. But I’m trying my best to keep my skin looking fresh and not like I’ve been sitting under a heater for the last two months, which I have. As a true Texan, if it’s not summer, you can bet I’m cold. So let’s talk about some winter beauty products to get us through the rest of the season!
(PS if you are sensing a theme of this month’s beauty buys, of course, it’s pink. I’m using the excuse of Valentine’s for everything to be pink but really, I live my life in a large pink bubble. If it’s not pink, I’m not interested.)
- Since we are trying to save face this winter, I’ve included not one but TWO face masks in this post. I am v. v. serious about my masks each week. I usually try for a mask on Sunday but if I can sneak in another during the week, then my skin is oh-so-happy. I gave this single-use mask, the Nügg Deep Hydration mask a shout out in my last skincare post, but it’s seriously one of my favorites. It’s different than other masks, as it never dries and it really feels like you are just smothering your face with a thick lotion. But the result after is super soft and moisturized skin. Take that winter! This Origins Mask is a new one I’ve been trying out and I love it because it exfoliates as well. So one mask to moisturizes and one to exfoliate. A perfect duo to defeat that winter skin. You can find the Origins Rose Mask here and the Nugg Masks here.
- Speaking of moisturizing like a freak, my lips have been pretty rough this winter. While upping my water intake would be the first suggestion a doctor would make, I decided I also needed a good lip moisturizer and more than my typical lip balm. I’ve read such great reviews of this Lanolips ointment and I took the bait. It makes my lips feel like a baby’s bottom. I can tell you that is a very good thing. You can find the lip balm here! And you can find a glass of water in your kitchen. 😉
- In the hair department, you know I’m always a fan of Kristin Ess and I picked up this new Air Dry Creme from her newest line. Aaaaaaannnddd, of course, I love it! She can do no wrong in my book. Sometimes the best I can do is a bun during the day and a shower at night which usually ends up in a bun the next day. But I’ve found this creme and I put it in my hair to let it air dry and it gives it body and the tiniest bit of wave to my stick straight hair. It also doesn’t leave it too sticky or stiff, which I’ve found with other mousses since I have pretty fine hair. You can find this air dry creme here!
- In the makeup department, this time of year I don’t get too crazy with trying new cosmetics but I always love a bright new lippie to bring a pop of color to my sad winter skin. (By this time of winter I am two shades paler and it shows. I need a good summer tan like yesterday.) I am always a fan of a quick lipgloss and this Nars Lip Glide (in the shade ‘bound’) is the perfect deep rose shade. It doesn’t feel like it’s too much lip for just an everyday look. On the extreme opposite is this lip color from Laura Mercier (in shade It Girl)— it is absolutely too much lip and I love it. A tiny bit goes a long way because it’s an intense amount of color that lasts. But it doesn’t feel heavy like a lipstick. And mixed together these two are unstoppable! You can find the lip gloss here and the lipstick here.
- That Winter Glow Up is a hard thing to accomplish in the dead of February but I’m taking all the steps I can. I started using this super bounce serum from Glossier in the mornings before my moisturizer + primer routine and I love it. I don’t know if the difference is in my head or if it’s really happening, but I like adding this step to my routine. At the end of that Winter Glow Up routine is this new highlighter from L’Oreal I’ve been trying. Let me tell you a little dab will do ya, but it is a fantastic highlight. I just put a tiny dab on my cheeks, nose and forehead and blend it in, right after I put on my foundation. Glowing skin is a quick and easy way to remind people you aren’t dead, even though your eyes are telling them something different. Hashtag new mom life. You can find the serum here and the illuminzer here.
If you want more info on each product, as always you can click through the ‘+’ above or find my product links to the right!