In the last few years, I’ve really started to take my beauty regime more seriously and through trial and error I’ve really found some products I truly love. (And would seriously cry if they ever get discontinued.) Each year I try to find new products to try out to see if they are winners and keepers and last year gave me quite a few winners, so I wanted to share them with you! Some of these may be a broken record because I’ve talked about them so much (I’m looking at you La Mer, you dirty scoundrel that works and takes all my money.) And some I’ve kept in my secret weapons bag but not any more. Here are my favorite products from 2016!
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast: What is this stuff and why is it so good? I did a full review of it here, but this is another save me and not just on second day hair. It revives bad hair days in 30 seconds. It’s a hair saver.
- Dior ‘Creme de Rose’ Lip Balm: I don’t tend to splurge or small things like lip balm, but I’d run across this lip balm a few times in beauty round ups and so I took the plunge. I’m so glad I did, it creates a smoothing base for my lipstick and my lips literally never crack or chap. And as small as it is, it actually goes a long way. I’ve had this since summer and it’s about 1/3 of the way used. I’m glad it seems like it’s going to last a while.
Clarisonic ‘Mia Fit’ Cleanser: I am sent beauty products to try out and a lot of them are great and I’ll end up buying and sharing them here, but some never see the light of day because it just didn’t get my seal of approval. Last year I was sent this little Clarisonic cleansing brush and let me tell you, I am now a believer of these brushes. Before I would use different types of exfoliants, but I use this once or twice a week and I’ve no need for them any longer. I can tell when I have used my Clarisonic in a while, too, my skin just isn’t as smooth and fresh looking. This tool is a favorite from last year and for years to come.
- La Mer ‘The Perfecting Treatment’: I can’t say enough nice things about this moisturizer. This was another item I received at a PR event and I ended up leaving the first jar I had in Charleston last year, about half way through the product. I was so mad at myself for two reasons: I didn’t want to like it so much that I had to replace it and I knew I was going to replace it. And replace it I have. I just got my 3rd jar and it was like reuniting with my best friend. (Am I being dramatic? Maybe, but this stuff is that good.)
- Dr. Jart Water Replenishment Sheet Mask:I’m such a fan of sheet masks and this one is a new favorite. I also toss one or two in if I’m at Sephora and they are always by the checkout (sneaky and smart, you guys.) If you are new to sheet masks (I’ll be doing a review post on it in the coming weeks!), you will love looking like Jason for 15 minutes and then when you take it off your skin is like a baby. It’s also really fun scaring the dogs and my husband. Sheet masks! Yay!
- T3 Featherweight Luxe Hair Dryer: This hair dryer is a total splurge but I’ll tell you a little secret — sometimes you can get it at Costco for like $80. It’s not always in stock, but that’s where I found mine and it’s the very best. I try to use other hair dryers since (like at hotels, etc.) and my hair dries out and gets tangled. Not with the T3 — it’s like a dream blow out every time.
- Laura Mercier 24 Hour Liquid Eye Liner: I was sold on this eye liner after I was messing around at the makeup counter one day and drew this on my hand. After my shower the next day, it was still there. I was like — ‘okay this eye liner means business.’ So I ordered it immediately. It also has a lot of uses in one tube, which I love. (Side note: if you buy this and get it in and it feels dry at the tip, just quickly run it under warm water for 5 seconds. It will perk right up and stay hydrated for the rest of time.)
- Dr. Teals Lavender Bubble Bath: I’ve tried a lot of bubble baths but this one keeps coming back as tried and true. It smells amazing and it really does have a calming effect with it’s lavender and epsom salt. Bonus — it’s super affordable so bubble it up, girl!
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: I’m obviously a fan girl of Laura Mercier products (I’ve been an ambassador for them in the past) so it’s no surprise I love this foundation. I started using it last March, I believe. It is thicker than I usually use but it’s not heavy, if that makes sense. It’s easy on, especially with a beauty blender and a moisturizer underneath. And it lasts all day long. (Honorable mention, LM concealer if you have hard to cover dark circles like I do. I’ve used this for years.)
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Volume Mascara: This mascara can just take all my money. It’s my favorite hands down. It doesn’t clump or fall off throughout the day — you know creating that I’ve been up all night dark circle look by 3 pm. It layers well, too. It’s just my favorite ever. (Side note: I love MJB products. They launched last year I believer or maybe late 2015 and their products are all spot on. Love their lip products too.)
- Lacôme Crème Radiance Cleanser: I’m always on the look out for facial cleansers and this one is so mild and smells so fresh and clean. I’m big on smelling fresh when it’s on my face and I love how creamy this cleanser is. It is so thick, but it leaves my face feeling smooth and fresh. I use this with my Clarisonic, about a dime size amount, and the suds it produces is amazing. I’m feeling relaxed just thinking about it.
What were your beauty favorites of the year? I’d love to hear them so I can try them out!