Fireworks

posted on: 7/05/2013

7.5.13-3 7.5.13-47.5.13-2 7.5.13-5 7.5.13-6 7.5.13-1
Something is in the water this summer. I have been so chill and relaxed and dare I say it -- we are having fun this summer. Business owners having fun? Blasphemy. All that to say I've been chill at work and at home and now it has leaked into my closet, therefore only three outfits this week. Next week I will be super blogger, I promise. But this week -- I mean this week was a holiday week, right? So I have an excuse. No one is working this week anyways. I mean sure you are at work, but you are reading my blog. I caught you, you are totally not working. Good because that makes me feel much better about that hour I just wasted on Pinterest.

We didn't get home in time to see the fireworks last night but the good news is our neighbors set them off until midnight, so technically we still got to see a show. Not so technically, I'm willing to bet someone was injured. I am personally terrified of fireworks (as I am of clowns. And a clown with fireworks? Forget it.), so I was fine with missing the real show. I guess some childhood fears never die. I can't even hold a sparkler. So that's why I thought I'd at least dress like a firework. Festive, but not quite as loud, will not singe off your arm hair and definitely can't be confused with gunshots outside your window. Which actually are the four things I always look for in an outfit.
_________________________
Top: Anthropologie (on sale!!)
Shorts: Similar
Shoes: Similar
Tote: Nan Lee Boutique (local) // Similar

1. You are so hilarious! Love this background and your outfit!

Xo, Amanda
    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

2. You're looking very tan and that makes me a tad jealous. ;) Love the outfit! I have some shorts like that I haven't been brave enough to wear (I'm NOT tan) but this Texas heat is killing me, I may just take my chances. :)

3. Priyanka SachetiJuly 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

*Love* your outfit, especially the gorgeous bracelet!

4. Ha! I am scared of fireworks too....especially when my neighbors set them off. There is nothing safe about that. I kind of wanted to hide in the closet with my dog.

5. Oh hey, coolest backdrop ever...love this!

6. ZipStyle SeattleJuly 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Love how daring this is - Bold colors and print!

www.zipstyleseattle.com

7. Cheers to a fun summer, friend! Love the hair in this post, too! xxoo

8. What a fun and colourful post! I love your bracelet! Could you share where it's from as well?
    www.settingsail.ca

9. HAHA! Loved this post. Those are definitely the things I look for in an outfit as well ;). Beautiful as always Kendi!

10. Seriously, such a fun outfit. Happy to hear you are enjoying the summer !
    XO

11. You definitely caught me. I'm reading this while at work, and almost burst out laughing at my desk. Your wittiness is almost as amazing as your style! Love this look!

Melissa
    www.prettyinpolkadot.blogspot.com

12. Reading your blog is like therapy. I laugh, I cry and many times I go change my clothes. Thank you.

13. Love this look! The colors are beautiful on you and that top is amazing.

Clowns scare me too!! LOL

14. Love your outfit! I'm not a huge fan of fireworks either... they are fine from far away but up close, forget it!

15. I'd love to know where the bracelet/watch is from!!

16. Every time I see that amazing Anthro blouse, I wonder why I didn't get it. It's so freakin beautiful but I can't seem to pull it off! And the neon shoes are such an amazing addition:)

17. This summer is going to be so bad for me... I'm starting to get a leettle too lazy. As in, I think I better get up to the school asap or my husband is going to have a tough time kicking me off the couch in September. =)

Love that pretty blouse!

18. caught me!!
    haha you are so right

xo The Egg

19. This outfit looks GREAT on you!

20. Love this outfit so much! and your hair looks incredible.

21. Code OverdressedJuly 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh I'm afraid of clowns too! But off to happier stuff, I'm so in love with that shirt, the print and colors are totally fab!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

22. I love your blouse! What a gorgeous print.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

23. Yep, I've always been slightly terrified of sparklers and fireworks too... unless they're REALLY far away & then I think they're pretty. I prefer your version :)

24. Glad you took some time off for yourself this week - you deserve it! :)

-Lindsey | Zip & Zeal

25. oh my goodness those shoes! they are amazing, I think I need those....
    gorgeous as always!
    www.adventuresinanalog.blogspot.com

26. Love the outfit, and love the ombre effect going on in your hair. I don't know if you were going for ombre, or if you just haven't had to time to color your hair in a long time, but you should definitely tell people it's on purpose. Because it looks good.

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life…Oh, and I sent you an email about the Pin to Real Life style challenge I'm doing - just wanted to make sure you got it! Thanks :)

27. You look amazing!

28. I was terrified of fireworks as a child, and they are still not my favorite. My husband's birthday was yesterday-the irony. I have had to adjust. You look adorable!

29. I absolutely love all the colors here!

30. I love everything about this outfit!!!!! You look so pretty!

31. Every time you wear these shoes, I want to get myself a pair of neon pumps. Ahhh I should probably just do it, right?!
    www.lakeshorelady.com

32. I think you nailed it for all of us!! Fireworks, fear of clowns, who wants to work and the neighbor's fireworks are always better anyway!! Your outfit made me burst into the song "Firework" by Katy Perry!! ����. Love it!!!

33. Ha! I can't hold a sparkler either! Everyone makes fun of me; it never gets old. I've gotten a lot better about actually watching fireworks though. It used to take me around 10 minutes to get used to the volume. It was too much for my introverted ears (technically my brain) to handle.

Holding a sparkler though? Never. I'm too scared of fire. I got slightly burned one time when I was like 7. Ruined it for me for life.

34. Young Chang-MillerJuly 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Beautiful outfit! Can I ask where the jewelry is from?

35. I love your top! I'm not really a huge fan of fireworks either. This year though I set them off with my nephews, it was pretty fun to watch their faces light up. We also got some chinese lanterns which was more my speed!

Leah Faye

e plus l

36. ooh, this is a different look for you but i am digging it!
    kw ladies in navy

37. You totally caught me! I am at work... not working at all. Counting down the seconds until 5.

38. LOVE this look! And these pictures are amazing!

Shannon

39. Love that bright shirt! Glad you had a fun time even if you missed the main fireworks show :)

Away From The Blue

40. Such a nice bright outfit! :)

41. this top is so pretty.

42. Great post, as always.

As a kid I was real scared of fireworks. When I did watch them, from a safe distance, I wore sunglasses and very large ear plugs/muffs. So when we watched fireworks last night from my friends' roof (another fear of mine is heights) and the neighbors' giant fireworks were going off RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS and firework shards were landing on us... well... I was kind of wishing I was in my house wearing ear plugs like the good ol' days. :)

43. Such a beautiful look. Loving the top! I can totally understand your fear of fireworks - they are quite frightening!

Bold Subtlety

44. You look fantastic in this outfit. Confident and colorful.

45. What a fun top! And I love the neon shoes. Have a great weekend!
    ~Jessica

46. I love that top! And I have never thought of it, but must admit, those are four very important things to look for in an outfit!

47. Classy Chic & ChardonnayJuly 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Are those shorts leather?! I love that top and the brighter the better!!

Classy Chic & Chardonnay

48. Love this look!! And I didn't see fireworks this year either... felt wrong in a not opening presents on Christmas Day sort of thing...
    You look great and have a great weekend!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

49. Holy Bright Heels! You do look like a firework!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

50. Love this look! The pop of color in the pumps make it THAT much better.

xx, Naomi

51. love all the texture in these photos!!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

52. This looks awesome! I love how you didn't go with the typical red, white, and blue!

www.brunettebandit.blogspot.com

53. Fireworks are mesmerizing to a 5 year old so that's why we went. I don't know if we would've gone, if we hadn't had baby boy. The traffic alone kind of ruined it

xo Ashley

thetiniestfirecracker.com

54. I never would have thought that shirt would be cute, (looking at it on Anthro's website) but like everything else, it looks AMAZING on you! I love it! One of my favorite looks of yours! :)

www.julia-daily.com

55. This shirt is to die for! I must have it, especially since it's on sale

56. You are so gorgeous! I love this entire outfit, especially the neon shoes.

57. The blouse does sort of scream 'fireworks' so it's a great way to overcome your fear! :) Lovely outfit.

Lubna | ELLE VOX | GIVEAWAY

58. Great top!

59. I love the neon shoes, they're amazing.

60. Roanna FernandesJuly 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Kendi, you're a f-iiii-re-work!

P.S. LOVE that bracelet cuff.

61. those shoes are too die for, so fun!

62. I'm also terrified of fireworks! From a distance is FINE with me!

Great look and love the hints of neon!

Blessings & peace!
    Star

63. did I miss something? looks like you wearing loose fitting clothes recently especially around the middle...hmmm?

64. love ur shoes http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

65. I love this background! And the whole outfit, but particularly the shorts—so chic.

66. Loving this! What a fun, chic outfit!

xo,
    Danielle
    www.envisionpretty.blogspot.com

67. What a fun top! :)

xo, Ainslee

abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

68. Pretty top, pretty girl.

69. Lol. Clowns with fireworks!

70. Haha I love it. You caught me..totally busted! Looking at my favorite bloggers at work ;) Cute shirt with the neon heels! I would have never picked up that blouse but it looks great on you!

Jacqueline
    www.purelypeanut.com

71. MK, FauxFancy.comJuly 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Loving the brights! Hope you had a great holiday.

xo,
    MK

www.fauxfancy.com

72. We love the neon factor in this outfit!! We have the perfect yellow neon bracelet that would compliment those statement shoes, and you can see it here: http://www.redemptionstyle.com/collections/bracelets-cuffs/products/neon-geometric-cuff-bracelet
    <3 the Redemption Team