Snow Day

posted on: 1/15/2013

01.15.13a 01.15.13b 01.15.13c 01.15.13d

As I got dressed today I asked my husband if I looked like Christmas. He looked me over and didn't answer for a long time. His face was searching my face for the right answer. I could see the wheels turning in his brain -- "does she want to look like Christmas? Then I answer yes. Or is looking like Christmas a bad thing? Then I should answer no..." Finally he said quietly said no. He made the right choice but honestly, I probably do look like Christmas. It was technically a trick question. Then the weather did me a favor and dumped snow on the ground to really drive home this holiday look one month too late. Or perhaps twelve months too early. Fashionably early is what I prefer, if you were wondering.

______________________
Blazer: Similar
Scarf: c/o Shop Ruche
Jeans: Similar
Tote: Madewell

1. Awww it's cute! Maybe because I love Christmas? lol. Either way I like how you paired the plaid with the red blazer. :)

xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

2. I love the look! And I'm quite surprised at you having snow in Texas. I live in Philly and we've barely had dustings of snow this season.

3. It is Christmasy, but tell me: What is so wrong with extending the Christmas season? Nothing. Nothing is wrong with that.

4. omg. i had the same thing happen to me this morning.  i was also wearing a green and red plaid shirt similar to the one you are wearing. i almost wore it with red jeans and i thought "this may be a bit too Christmasy" and i knew if i asked the bf he would say, "yep, Christmasy...but in a good way!" just like the other day i wore a red and white striped dress and he told me I looked like "where's waldo...in a good way!"

5. Christmas or not, this outfit is awesome! I'm jealous of your snow. I've been at a loss for how to dress for winter when it looks like summer outside (but it's still FREEZING cold).

6. Anca Madalina BaboiJanuary 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Ha ha, funny story!!!
    Awesome color combination!

Mamalina

7. Ashleigh | Love StonedJanuary 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

This had me laughing! I did the same thing the other day with my husband. I asked him "when (??!!) did these bootylicious hips show up???" he said that he couldnt figure out if I was happy about having hips or it meant that I thought I was fat....oh boys...they try so hard to find the right answer.

xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

8. This Austin girl is jealous of your snow. That is all. :)

9. Super cute either way! and the snow makes it so fitting

10. Such a cute outfit. I wish it would snow here, I'm so over this dreary rain!

xo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

11. Always love those boots!

12. This is just so cute!  I have that same plaid shirt and love the idea of wearing it under a red blazer...totally stealing this from you! :)

www.pennypincherfashion.com

13. I have that J Crew shirt and I can't stop wearing it! Jealous of the snow! :)

14. When I first saw your pictures without reading your post that was my initial thought but then I felt it was still very seasonal (winter) and really cute.  I love the idea of the plaid with the red blazer.  I am so jealous of your risk taking!

15. Beautiful boots and scarf!

16. Can't believe y'all got snow! You look straight out of a catalog, and besides Christmas in January is perfectly acceptable in my books!
    Time Stand Still

17. I collect J.crew's all tartan/check shirts from every season. :)

18. Love the plaid and blazer mix! Great look!

www.soyouagree.com

19. You look great, you do look like Christmas in a good way.

20. Ginny.mossman@doane.eduJanuary 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Kendo, this is probably one of my favs of yours to date. If you look like Christmas, I want to too :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

21. Haha. Whether there is a hint of holiday in this look, they are timeless colors. I LOVE it all! Great cozy scarf!

www.beautyandbows.com

22. Christmas all year round! Especially with the snow =) I think you look darling with a side of Christmas =)
    Style in the City

23. Haha... now that you've mentioned it... ;) It's never a bad thing to look like christmas, and you're rockin' it! ;D
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

24. It's OK that you look like Christmas. We all do at some point, especially when it's not December. I love this outfit, your layering looks so pretty.

-Jess

25. I'd say fashionably early (344 days early to be exact)! I have a countdown clock on my computer so I didn't have to google that number!

-Stephanie@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

26. Simplicity InterruptedJanuary 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM

i think you look like WINTER, & its fabulous!

27. Twelve months too early would still be one month too late.

Just saying :)

28. I love it by the way. Maybe not the red jacket as I could never carry that colour but the rest of it I adore.

29. loving the texture on that scarf!!

30. Psh - you look adorable. Christmas or not. And aren't you allowed to wear Christmas-like attire as long as there's snow on the ground? I thought that was some sort of rule.

Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

31. This is the cutest outfit! I love the plaid shirt with the red blazer. You look fab and totally fashionably early!

32. Aww, haha!   I love it :)  Send the snow our way!

33. you actually just like winter, love the plaid and the velvet blazer together :) love when the snow is white & clean like that! so pretty.

xo. c & v

cake & valley

34. Too funny 'what he was thinking'!! Very cute outfit. And the background is adorable too!

xoxo from californiahttp://liriostyle.blogspot.com

35. Oh I love that shirt from J Crew. I def need some tartan in my wardrobe!

Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

36. CoffeebeansandbobbypinsJanuary 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Kendi, xmas or not, I love it!

37. This post made me giggle. I feel like I always ask outfit questions like this to my poor fiance. Thankfully he has learned to give the right answers too :)

38. You look great! Love the chunky scarf! :)

XO Nat
    Nat in Love

39. LOL did you ask your husband this question just to test him? it's cute and funny

40. It's Christmas-y in a GOOD way - cozy and bright! :)

41. haha! snow in texas? love the red blazer- super cute paired with the plaid. ...love me some plaid.

42. prefect outfit for a snow day

43. red and green is a great combination, and in my mind it's never a bad idea to look like christmas!

44. I think if you wore this during the Christmas season, you would look like Christmas. But it's not SO Christmasy that you look like Christmas when it's not Christmas. Say Christmas again. Christmas.

Sarah's Real Life (Bead for Life giveaway in progress…)

45. this is cute and christmassy... but it is perfect with the snow!
    kw, http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

46. hahahaha!! husbands...they're so wonderful!!! Super cute outfit, I love this look for winter in general! I think this look is right on time.

47. Brittany of @suburbchicblogJanuary 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I think looking like Christmas is aspirational and awesome! Haha. I aim to look like Christmas as often as possible...love the chunky monkey scarf and cute, bright blazer! :)

-Brittany of @suburbchicblog

48. Oh my gosh your husband is the cutest! I also wore a outfit that I thought could look slightly holiday like and then bam, snow and I looked like I was late to Christmas!
    www.theadoredlife.com

49. the plaid with red blazer works so well!

50. Great outfit! I like the Christmas colors and the snow on the ground just ties the look together.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

51. Ah snow! Where are you from? Is snow a normal thing or pretty rare and exciting?

52. love the red!

www.ladygolightlyvintage.blogspot.com

53. I'm really mad at Christmas for ruining the perfection of a good red/green combo 363 days of the year. Hail the brave soldiers that defy it :P

54. you look lovely and once again i must say how much i enjoy reading your posts! your writing is hilarious :))

55. Love that story about your husband.  Men always get so flustered with questions like that!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

56. Yay for snow! I love the big scarf!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

57. I was sooo shocked to find snow on the roofts this morning!! You look so pretty in the snow background!

Joyce@
    Sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

58. cute cute scarf! + so cozy :)

xo - heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

59. that cozy scarf looks handmade!  i only know because i have a lot of time on my hands lately and can't. stop. crocheting.  lame.

60. I didn't think texas got snow...either way you wear it well!  ;)

61. I'd say winter festive but not like Christmas!! Great outfit!

The Purse Snatcher

62. This outfit is lovely. you don't look like Christmas. A bit western but not country.

63. You must be freezing! Love the outfit though.

64. Love the snow! I really like the red and green, don't think it looks too Christmas-y at all it works well with the plaid shirt :)

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

65. Here in Chicago we have yet to see snow! I am jealous!
    2girlsin2cities.blogspot.com

66. Considering I wore an almost identical outfit on Christmas, you might ;) Red and green always makes for great colorblocking though!

67. I think the shade of green and the amount of blue makes you fit right into January without a holiday feel.  :)  I did get a kick out of the description of your husband thinking it through.  hahaha.  Oh, my husband would do the same thing.  So sweet.  You always look great.

68. Kelsey Keller WellerJanuary 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Looking like Christmas is never a bad thing ;). I love this look. You are adorable.

69. Haha..my husband does the same thing! Searches my face and answers what he thinks I want to hear...too cute.
    Shereethehartungs.blogspot.ca

70. love all the colours and layers! perfect for the weather :)

71. P.S. Lily BoutiqueJanuary 15, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Lovely look with gorgeous colors too! :)

www.pslilyboutique.com

72. Hahaha! love that little story. The little tidbits of marriage. You look amazing, even if it is a little Christmas-y! :)

Laura

73. Ha. I can actually picture B's face as he politely tried to do the right thing. Oh B...

74. You look so festive!  Love this.

75. admittedly, you do look kind of like of Christmas, but only because of the colors - not the pieces in the outfit itself.  and looking like Christmas is not a bad thing in my book, so you're in the clear. :)

76. Ha, very cute story! You remind me of the holiday J.Crew catalog...which is a compliment cause you look gorgeous! That chunky scarf is adorable.

Kristin
    www.dressedandfed.com

77. looks cozy!

Sar=)
    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

78. Your husband was right and I think if there's still snow on the ground, it doesn't matter! Plus you look fabulous :) And I love that scarf! The colors in it are just gorgeous.

xo Ashleyluckylittlebird.blogspot.com

79. Hahaha I love how long your husband had to think about it!

80. Ha! You're lucky. My fiance will just outright tell me that I look like an eggplant or oatmeal sandwich, unsolicited. I don't really mind.

www.annikadotbenitz.com

81. I think you look sweet and festive but not totally Christmas-y. The boots are so beyond fab!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

82. Love this look! Carrying Christmas into January is always a good idea :) And I love that shirt so much--I definitely need to wear mine again soon!

<3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

83. love the different mixes of colors here! just look at all that snow!

-Amy

84. Happiness At Mid LifeJanuary 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM

You look so fab in this outfit!  I love how happy you look with and the scarf is so pretty!

www.happinessatmidlife.com

85. Boardwalks &amp; BoulevardsJanuary 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I think this outfit is perfectly winter appropriate. Who cares if its Christmas colors.

- Kaitlyn

Boardwalks & Boulevards

86. Oh my goodness, he sounds so sweet. Cute 'fit!

87. Snow, what even. And your husband - silly, sweet boys! :) Love your outfit!

88. That is such an incredible outfit! I absolutely love the colors :)

Lubna WWW.ELLEVOX.BLOGSPOT.COM

89. Catherine Lea AndersonJanuary 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Looking like Christmas is never a bad thing! Love this look!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

90. Love the look :) Looking like Christmas is not a bad thing. The outfit looks lovely and comfortable.

Juna

91. I already miss Chritmas, so yay for anything Christmassy already! :)

92. Christmas or not, I'm loving this look!

PS I can't believe you guys got snow in TX, but I have yet to get any up here in NY!haha

xo,Alyssawww.runwaychef.com

93. Love your outfit and your husband is very sweet. There is nothing wrong with feeling like Christmas all year round.

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

94. The gold belt really ties everything together in your wonderful outfit! It's more like a post Christmas outfit...

Genie

www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

95. haha that was my first impression too that this outfit was very Christmasy too! it's perfect for a snow day! xo

96. I love your outfit, and definitely not too much like Christmas. Makes me miss it though! It's freezing here too, but we have no snow. I'm jealous!

Love your blog Kendi! Addicted!

Love Amie x

97. You are so stinin' adorable! Loving this look.

First time stopping by :)

98. Hahaha what a great description of your husband's dilemma! That means he's a good man :)

99. I actually did not think "Christmas" when I saw this outfit.  I think I was distracted by the chunky scarf and plaid shirt that I love!
    ~Jessica

100. I love the look! The scarf is adorable!

101. I didn't think "Christmas" when i saw this, but i sure do like it... and Christmas.

102. I love the scarf! If looking like Christmas is wrong, I would not want to be right! Great look Kendi.

Brandy
    whattowearwithpandy.blogspot.com

103. This is just perfect! Boo, Christmas has ruined it for all of us who want to wear green and red together.

104. that is exactly how i see my husband thinking too...you are so very adorable

105. Cute look!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

106. What an adorable look! I LOVE that scarf and that flannel shirt! You know how to dress! :)
    -Bridgette