Rainy Day Wear

posted on: 1/09/2013

01.09.13b 01.09.13a 01.09.13c 01.09.13d
Every time it rains, I curse my closet for not having a good pair of Hunter Boots. (I'd even take a mediocre pair of Hunter Boots, to be honest.) Maybe this year I'll bite the bullet and invest. But the hardest part for me is picking out a color that I will wear year after year. So far I have five different colors in mind that could potentially work, well maybe. I don't know. And now you can see why I do not have a pair of rain boots or furthermore why we don't own a house. Too many options, I'd never be able to choose.

____________________
Sweater: Similar or here
Scarf: Madewell
Pants: Similar
Tote: Madewell

1. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't be able to pick a color, either!  Haha!

2. I went with red -- if you're getting a rain boot, might as well get a bright color. I love mine and went down a size since I'm a half size.

Ps. love how you styled the scarf!

www.soyouagree,com

3. Oh the troubles of indecisiveness! I can relate...

4. I just bought the eggplant Hunters and I love them!  A dusty purples goes with black or brown.

5. You should definitely invest. My boyfriend gave me a pair for Christmas and I've worn them everyday since! (I live in Wisconsin, so they're useful for the snow and slush.) He gave me the black pair and I love them. They go with everything ... and now I want a red pair.

6. Gorgeous!

7. Ashleigh | Love StonedJanuary 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Cute! I feel the same way about Hunters....I'm asking for some for my birthday in hopes that someone else will pick the color and I wont have to ;)

xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

8. Very beautiful sweater and scarf!

9. that hat looks so cute on you!

10. I love my Hunters, but I completely understand what you mean about picking a color! It took me a year to figure out that maroon would be best, yet now I want forest green and black too! Decisions. :)

11. I always go through the same thing with Hunters. I keep thinking, "just buy black," but then I realize how fun the other colors would be. And then I realize that in SoCal it only rains like 5 days a year. And then I don't buy them. Sad.

Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

12. Hunters are the best for rain and snow (buy the welly socks for that).  I have a tall navy pair and a short hunter green pair.  If I had to re-buy, I think I would buy black.  It's just so chic.

13. I am terrible with committing to a colour - I always end up hating my choice or coveting one of the ones I didn't choose. My hunters are matte grey. They are perfect, they go with everything. I have never looked back.

14. simple and very cute.

15. A cute pair of rain boots has definitely brought all my rainy day outfits up a notch!!! You should get one ASAP!

-Stephanie@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

16. I feel the same way about the rain. I always want to wear rain boots, but have yet to find the right pair or splurge on the hunters. I'm thinking green would be the best color. Or red, or just black......  Either way, love your hat in these pics!

xoxo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

17. Kendi, you are heaven!
    what about that gorgeous necklace?? where is it from?xo from SNOWY Israel :)

18. kristian satterleeJanuary 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I adore this outfit so much. You look great in a hat.

www.withoutastyle.com

19. Oh I'm in love with this outfit.
    Gorgeous!

20. I think you should buy whatever color you can find on sale and then just buy the welly socks to change it up!

Good Luck!  I was never good at making decisions either.

21. Anca Madalina BaboiJanuary 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Absolutely in love with the hat and the scarf!!!

Mamalina

22. If you jump on the Hunter bandwagon, I recommend the Merlot color. I've heard that really cool people have that color. Just a rumor.

Sarah's Real Life

23. Love your bag, but great look altogether!

I just got my first pair of Hunters last month and looove them! Definitely worth it and Black is ALWAYS a good choice!

Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

24. This is a great outfit, and your reason for not having rain boots is my reason.  I just can't commit on a color/pattern or whether or not I want something quirky/classic...it's all too much for me to take.  I am someone who kind of loses my mind a little when given too many options.  It's like I'm still five.

25. I've also started wearing my MacAlisters in the rain, but thankfully Santa left me some Loeffler Randall wellies :) Lovely outfit, per usual!

26. I love this outfit! Your sweater looks so cozy.

-Jess

27. I love your look, very classy and fun with the hat :)

28. Black or Green...although I tend towards green because it is just classic hunter! Now the house... that's a whole different ball game...I have 10 I like this month... :)

29. You look so cute, I love that hat on you! It's hard to pick just one color of hunters, and then they come out with those limited edition ones and you just want them all!

30. I ummed-and-ahhed over Hunter colours too - I have green (goes with a surprising amount) and bright, BRIGHT yellow (inner child coming out). BUY SOME! <3

31. Take it from a Portland Oregon girl- don't ruin your pretty suede in the rain!  Buy galoshes!  I just made myself the proud owner of these babies: http://www.sorel.com/Women%E2%80%99s-Slimpack%E2%84%A2-Riding-Boot/NL1903,default,pd.html
    Does a spat/galosh go out of style?  No.

32. Janine BakeGlueandTrendJanuary 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I really like this outfit and love the hat especially. Why don't you get some wedge wellies, they are really cute and actually are better for your feet support than completely flat ones...

I may get myself some actually :)

Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

33. i didn't invest in hunter boots til last year... they're totally worth it!  i have red ones... i feel like they're pretty versatile even if they're red...
    love the floppy hat! :)

joyce@
    sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

34. Love the scarf with a long necklace... so cute!

35. The abundant color options are holding me back too. I mean black is practical, hunter green seems appropriate based on name alone, navy classic, red so fun! Definitely too many options for this girl.

36. My vote is for grey or dark olive if you do get some Hunters.  I have green and while I love them I feel like either of those other ones would just go with more stuff.  Or then you gotta go all out and get yellow or red!  Crayon feet!  BTW I live in Cali and it only rains a couple times a year, but I wear them a LOT.  Prob too much.

37. Ahhh! So many posts this week I am feeling SUPER spoiled and loving EVERY outfit!! This one is my fav so far :)

38. It took me way too long (I obsessed) to decide on a Hunter color! I finally picked the graphite (grey) gloss and I absolutely love them. If I got a second pair, I would get a brighter color for fun, but the grey goes with everything. Love your outfit, as always.

39. I am the same boat with you. Love the look by the way. Love the hat :)

40. cheapchicinchicagoJanuary 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I bought a teal pair on eBay for about half the retail price. I would check there first. My 1st pair only lasted me a little over a year, so I wouldn't worry about picking out a color for years to come.;)

41. my personal favourite are the dark purple, original hunters. I live in a rainy city full of Hunter-wearing people, and the aubergine are always my favourite. Not quite black, not quite navy. just great.

42. Love your scarf. I am sucker for a cozy aran sweater like yours. :)

43. I have yearned for Hunter boots for years, but can't seem to justify them for the price. Actually, I can justify them just fine, but my wallet begs to differ.

I bought these bad boys -- http://www.dsw.com/shoe/chooka+top+solid+rain+boot?prodId=258522&productRef=SEARCH -- in matte green from DSW. $50 and they are super cute and very Hunter-esque. They only have red online, but they had way more options in the store. Then again, I have no idea if you have DSW in Texas. If not, well that's a whole different problem.

Check em' out! Or just buy the Hunter's and I'll have boot envy from afar!

44. You should try the Kamik boots! I have the Jennifer style in olive green. They are similar to Hunters but don't cost so much (around $50). I live in San Diego so I couldn't justify spending $100+ on Hunters when we don't get much rain haha But I love my Kamik ones! And they were great while I was vacationing in rainy WA ;)

45. Hunters literally changed my life. SO comfy, so versatile, so classic and stylish. HIGHLY suggest getting them. I went with the black and haven't regretted it for a second - goes with everything.
    Olivia

46. JacquelinederuyterJanuary 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Hi Kendi! I was so happy to see your outfit today..I have a terrible time figuring out what shoes go with skinny pants. Ballet flats and tall boots, of course, but beyond that I never know. Your booties look great with your pants - now I need a pair of booties! My vote is for the Hunter Champery...classic black but a very cool shape.

47. Love that HAT!

48. I have the same exact problem. I want a pair of Hunter rainboots but I live in San Diego and it never rains. But on the days it does I long for that perfect pair. Too many choices and not enough money. So sad.

49. Great outfit! I too am having a hard time deciding on Hunter boots! Too many colors to choose from!

The Purse Snatcher

50. I have been going through the same dilemma, wishing for Hunter boots...but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on rain gear.  So I found a more affordable version (under $70) on Ralph Lauren in a pretty dark green that I think will be versatile enough to pair with most of my closet.  Can't wait to see what color you pick :)

www.pennypincherfashion.com

51. I'm having trouble picking one color too! Now I don't feel so 'ronery

52. TracesremainvintageJanuary 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

The accessories really make this outfit special and it looks great on you!

www.etsy.com/shop/tracesremainvintage

53. I just got a pair of gray!  it's the perfect neutral...there your decision has been made.

54. I love hunter rainboots and they are staples for a place like my home city. :) I got a pair of wedge in olive, a pair original tall in navy and the ankle boots in black and red are my new obsession this fall. umm....I am thinking of getting another pair next year. Now see who's really crazy. :)

55. Hunter boots are phenomenal. I got a black pair a few years ago, living in Vancouver, they have come in handy. My only regret is not getting  them in black patent. Adore your outfit. If you get a chance check out my version of 30 in 30.

vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

56. wow, you have so many clothes. I would be overwhelmed with what to wear. Nice outfit though.

57. How about starting with a basic black? Lovely outfit and love the scarf and the hat!

58. I really need to step up my rainy day game! This is awesome Kendi!
    www.theadoredlife.com

59. Oh, the Hunter boot dilema! I'd go with their classic dark olive green ones - just because it's what I  think of when I think of a welly! But they do make a color called "Cafe late" and it's a nice neutral tan - that can't hurt either! They are also on SALE! : http://usa.hunter-boot.com/product/original-tall

60. Ashleigh @ Jolie JouelJanuary 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Love this look! But you forgot to tell us who makes that necklace! ~ ashleigh

My jewelry blog: http://joliejouel.blogspot.ca/

61. Kendi, you are simply fabulous. I have been stalking your blog daily for about six months now but I have never commented on a post. I love your style! I do have to ask...can you write a tutorial on how to do different looks/ ties with scarves. I feel like I only know how to do scarves one way and then I come to your blog and see all sorts of possibilites but I don't know how to re-create the look. Help a gal out?

62. Why don't you just buy a cheap pair? Then it's less of an investment and you can maybe even buy more than one.

xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

63. You make a rainy day sunny! I'm crushing on that hat big time! So adorable.

64. love your great style here!
    kw, http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

65. Really great outfit!  You look pretty sexy in these pics!!

66. Adorable! I have a hat like this I always want to wear but have a hard time pulling it off!

Maddie intherainblog.com

67. I almost bought a very similar hat from American Eagle and it would only have been $5 but they didn't have any of the colors I wanted but I love the navy on you!

68. You look ADORABLE! So cute, can't even tell it's a rainy day :)
    Paige
    foreverfabforkim.blogspot.com

69. I know exactly what you mean! I'm too afraid to invest that much money into a pair of rain boots that I'll probably just get tired of in two weeks because they don't match my outfit.

70. Rain chic! You look adorable in that hat. I have a pair of black Hunter boots, but wouldn't mind having another color. Meanwhile, it rarely rains here in So. California, so you can imagine my excitement when it does and I get to wear my boots :)

Kristin
    www.dressedandfed.com

71. Rain boots are essential in Portland! Love the outfit especially your scarf and necklace together.

www.intherainblog.com

72. that hat is so cool!!!!! and love you in pants :)

xo. c & v

cake & valley

73. I love the hat and I agree it is hard to choose when there are so many options!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

74. I am loving that scarf! That paired with the hat looks perfect for a rainy day. :)

Laura

75. I have been looking for a hat like that for winter since forever!! Love it!

check out my rainy day outfit!
    pretty-strange.blogspot.com

76. I'm so mad I didn't buy those shoes in my size when I had the chance.

77. This is one of my favorite looks from you Kendi!
    xo Jenniferhttp://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

78. I understand your indecisiveness about the Hunters.  I am going through the same issue...loving the berry color but for year after year...really? :)  Loving your floppy hat and scarf combo!

79. Also, I have the same problem with Hunter boots. I love them, but haven't invested in a pair yet because I am terrible at making decisions. Target and TJ Maxx always have cute pairs of rainboots, though. Can't survive  in College Station in the spring without a pair!

80. Hunter boots! I need to bite the bullet and invest in a pair. I'm with you, though - too many awesome colors to choose from, not sure which would be the best that I'd wear time and time again.

81. Love this!!! The sweater is so cozy!
    Gurl, we all have shoe probz. haha

-theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

82. HA. I'd go with straight up yellow. Happy and sunshiny and you can look like the girl on the salt container!

83. hunter boots at nordstrom rack for $49.99 recently! keep an eye out! i finally bit the bullet & did it, at that price :)

84. I am a Seattle dweller, so I have two pairs of hunters. Had a pair of cheaper ones before Hunters, but they broke as I was touring the wastewater plant (not sewer, thank god, just runoff) for a school field trip. Never looked back since. I have the original talls and black and the olive green chelsea boots. You need them in Seattle though, rain and puddles galore!

85. Pretty pops of blue!  I love the shoes and the scarf!

Theresa

86. I just bought a pair of Hunters! I've wanted a pair for a while and decided to go for it--went for navy blue and LOVE them. Wear them all the time!

87. Love the whole look. Perfect for the rainy days!

eypolapol.tumblr.com

88. Luuuuuurve the whole outfit. Can't even pick a favourite piece. Together, it's just perfection!

89. Lol, those darn Hunters! The should just be created in one color to make it easy on all the fashionistas of the world. LOL I kid, I kid. But you look amazing! I am in love with the scarf and hat. So cute.
    Myah
    thehappyhealthywholegirl.blogspot.com
    identifemi.etsy.com

90. Lovely casual outfit :) I like your scarf :) Hope you can decide on a pair of boots!

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

91. You are such a cutie pie! I get such great fashion inspiration from your blog and a good laugh as well from your writing:)

92. Catherine Lea AndersonJanuary 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I love mixing all these neutrals to create this chic look!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

93. I am the EXACT SAME way about those darn hunter boots! They are too cute to pick from!
    Meg
    www.sealed-with-style.com

94. hunter boots are the best thing ever

95. I agree - Hunters come in so many fab colors it's hard to decide. I went with the classic hunter green but now have my eyes on a red or pink for my next [air. or even that pretty coral color for spring! xo

96. All too often, I find myself cursing for lack of Hunters as well! I am the type to automatically go for black- then find myself wondering if I needed a pair that popped in color- then getting irritated and saying the hell with it- Ill decide another day!  I think at the end of the day- whatever color I chose will probably work wonderfully. Until then I will be coveting a pair!

97. I bought yellow Hunters because they make me feel like the Morton Salt Girl (yeah yeah, I know her dress is yellow, not her shoes, but go with it). I've also always felt the need to combat rainy days with ridiculously colorful outfits, I kinda feel like I'm saying, take that!!!!!! to the rain clouds.

A tad ridiculous, I know.

98. If you get the Hunter boots make sure you get the glossy ones!  The regular get all scuffy looking!  I got the glossy grey and I love them! They go with everything!  Although I love the purple ones too!!!

99. Love the hat!  You should wear them more often.  As for the boots, I noticed you got a lot of wear out of those red pumps in the earlier days of your blog, if that helps.  I have a pair of black hunter wellies, and those are always a safe choice.  After that, I'd say hunter green based on your wardrobe.

Happy choosing!

Kendrahttp://closetconfections.com - A Fashion Blog

100. Looking oh so chic! Love! :)

XO Nat
    Nat in Love

101. Exact problem I have with picking out a pair of Hunters!

102. Kendi,

Perhaps this purchase (the rain boots) would not seem so daunting if you did not limit yourself to a single pair? Admittedly, hunter boots are a bit of an investment. And I'm guessing you don't see as much rain as I do here in the great Pacific Northwest. (I wouldn't limit myself to a single pair if rain boots...or rain shoes...anymore than I would a single color of nail polish.). But it's something to consider...might get you over the paralysis. Best of luck on your rainy day footwear journey.

103. I bought a super cute pair from Nine West and they were about $50 (outlet store) in black. Black goes with everything and you'll never get tired of it. However, make sure they do not have hardware on them. Mine have metal rings at the ankles (motorcyclish) and they have rusted, but I am too cheap to buy a second pair.

104. Just take the plunge Kendi! I'm sure you'll make whatever you get work :)

105. Love the cozy sweater :)
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

106. LOVE the hat!!! Perfect look for a rainy day!

107.  I love the hat! I really think I will have to buy one for winter (I'm in Australia).Love the outfit, and really love the colour of the shoes you have on even though they are not hunter boots! Go bright, and then you'll feel happy when it's gloomy. :)

108. Love the hat paired with the sweater) Perfect for slightly colder weather)

109. The rain has been crazy here in Texas! I have heard they always have Hunter Boots at Nordstrom Rack. Just FYI- maybe if you got a good deal on them you could pick out a color easier;)

110. I have black Hunter boots and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Also, here's a link to a store with them on sale! They have the traditional ones and ones that look a little more like riding boots. Just FYI.

111. This outfit is adorable!! LOVE the silk scarf and knit sweater combination

Cait
    petitechronicles.blogspot.com

112. I don't have a pair of rain boots either :( I always want to get a paid but I have messed up feet and I'm only supposed wear heels or my foot brace (dr.'s orders) so I feel like I wouldn't get enough wear out of rain boots. Loving your outfit!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

113. love the hat!

Sar
    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

114. I adore this look! The scarf is fantastic and the hat is so chic! This is definitely the perfect rainy day look!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

115. I love my Hunter rain boots and highly recommend buying a pair! Just make sure that you buy a glossy color because the original colors "bloom" or become covered in a white wax that is a pain to remove. For some reason, it doesn't happen to the glossy boots so they look great forever.