New York, New York

IMG_8164

For your sake, I’ve edited myself on photos. I believe I got it down to 12 from the original 1,000. You are very welcome.

Wednesday morning of last week we headed to Soho for the IFB Conference. I was a panelist on “The New Entrepreneur” with Mr. Newton, Taylor Sterling, Katie Armour, Katie Rodgers and Michelle Madhok. (Side note: Mr. Newton might be the best person I’ve ever met in life. He coolly sat down next to me and we chatted like old friends. Who does that? Also, I think this means we are best friends now?)

IMG_8043

IMG_8051
IMG_8060

The panel was about business and blogging, but not necessarily the business of blogging. It’s hard sometimes because I came into this as a blogger first, well technically as an awkward girl first then a blogger, so at times I have to remind myself, “yes Kendi you are also an entrepreneur.” The only regret of being on a panel is that I don’t quite remember things I said. Not remembering things that fall out of your mouth in public is a shame. But what I can remember is that I said that women were made for entrepreneurship — we are inclined to details, multi-tasking, handling everything while juggling everything else. Simply put, we were made for this. And if you have that spark in you, that little sparks that whispers to you “you could do that” then you should listen. I sat up on the panel with 5 other normal people who listened to that voice that said that could and still says they can.

It was nice to hear other people talk about their business and their philosophies. Do we do it for money first or for the love of it?  Do you really need a plan or do you wing it as you go? Both sides of each question were represented and to tell you the truth – no one was wrong. We all run our business they way we want to run our business. It was nice to hear other’s philosophies and how strongly everyone believed theirs to be true. (Which I believe is the truth. You are your own truth, so why not believe it wholeheartedly?)

I think the most comforting thing I heard was that no matter what, following your dream is hard work. We’re all tired, we are all a little worn down but tired of the dream? Never. That in some sick twisted way was the biggest comfort for me.

IMG_8061

And then I talked to bloggers and showed them my jazz hands. They were impressed.

No, then I talked to bloggers who also wanted to start businesses. Who wanted to open store fronts or online stores and become entrepreneurs with their own talents but didn’t quite know how to yet. But yes, they were also impressed with my jazz hands. Of course they were,  I mean look at them.

All in all, it was a fun panel that I actually ended up learning more than I probably shared. I just take, take, take, don’t I?

Then we explored the city for the better part of two days. This is my husband. Say Hello to B. (I forced him to take this photo and he probably hated it. But the kid can dress therefore you get your photo taken.)

IMG_8110
IMG_8122
IMG_8115

We walked back up the hotel that afternoon by taking the slow route. We walked through the West Village, Meatpacking District, up to the High Line and back over the Hell’s Kitchen. B had been to New York for about 20 hours one time last year. It was due time he saw the City. And that we did.

IMG_8149
IMG_8168
IMG_8152
IMG_8165

Poor kid. Subjected to photos on the street. At least I didn’t draw arrows on him?

We walked as far as we could for two days. We didn’t even see a tenth of what the city has to give. I think the best part of New York is the energy it shares. I don’t know if it is the amount of people, the thousands of businesses, the creativity that thrives but you fall in love with the city within minutes of arriving. It’s magical. Even the dirty streets and the strange smell on every block becomes romantic to you. All of a sudden a place that should intimidate becomes intimate and you suddenly feel like you belong. Eight million people and they let one more girl in. That was certainly nice of them.

This will not be the last of me, New York. You have a friend for life.

1. Great post!  Absolutely love your panel outfit!

2. Tai says:

Long time reader, first time commenter. Just wanted to say that I loved what you had to say about New York. I lived there for a while and I miss it every day. Glad you had a good time. :)

3. Sara says:

Sounds like a very successful trip to NY! Glad you had a good time and that you enjoyed being on panel.

sincerelysk.blogspot.com

4. Carrie says:

I want to go to New York sooooo bad!
    Lovely photos
    Style in the City

5. bijouxbyele says:

Totally love your panel outfit! Wish I could look that good in what I wear, just once would be great! Your husband is very handsome!  Hope you had a wonderful time x

09.13.12 · Reply
  6. Where are the most comfortable flats ever from? P.S. I often mesmerize people with my jazz hand skills.

7. Sarah Tucker says:

The last paragraphs of your post describe EXACTLY how I feel about New York. It is magical, yet busy and hectic…and I love it! So different from the slow Texas pace. I always have to tell people in New York to please slow down their talking because this Texas girl has a hard time understanding what they are saying!

– Sarah {tuckerup.blogspot.com}

8. Anathalia says:

What a lovely couple you two make! <3

9. amber0517 says:

Amazing! I loved NYC the time I visited, cant wait to go back. What hotel did you guy stay at (if you don't mind)?

I'm excited to see what you bought.
    Also FAO is not only amazing for kids… I kind of fell in love and spent too much there for a grown ~young adult~

10. Beth Summerfield says:

I love seeing more lifestyle pix on the blog!  Looks like so much fun.

11. Amy Campbell says:

Aw you two are so cute. Looks and sounds like it was tons of fun!!

12. Ashlie says:

So fun! I'm going next week for Coterie and I am SO thrilled to visit the city for the first time!

09.13.12 · Reply
  13. Great post – wish that I could have heard you speak because I'm sure it was inspiring :)

14. Kendi Lea says:

We stayed at the Yotel. It was in Hell's Kitchen, a few blocks from Times Square.

15. Nat says:

Sounds like a fun trip! Cute outfits too :)

09.13.12 · Reply
  16. Great photos. I wish I took more while there.  And I do not believe you that those shoes are comfy. Even in my sneakers my feet hurt in NYC. I don't know how people look cute and live in NYC.

And SOOOO uber pissed I didn't get to see you or meet you. I'm your biggest stalker, i mean fan… Heard you were quite the comedian though.

xoxo Jessica

17. Kendi Lea says:

They are from J.Crew Factory Store! I could not believe how comfortable they were and they held up so well. They do not look like I walked for two days straight.

Jazz hands FTW.

18. Cristi Owen says:

your husband should totally start a style blog of his own. i will make my husband follow him. oh wow, that sounded beyond creepy. and may my husband never see this comment. ever.

09.13.12 · Reply
  19. cute! I'm so glad you posted the ones of your husband, it's fun to see what your spouse looks like/ seems like.

20. Kendi Lea says:

Jessica —

We so missed each other! But did you get to see Rachel Zoe and Lauren Conrad? Because, I might be jealous if you did.

Girl, I'm not even lying these shoes are so comfortable. Now I stand in the store or walk around most days so I'm used to being on my feet in heels. And I'm used to my feet hurting by the end of the day. So cushy flats were a nice vacation.

21. Kendi Lea says:

I realized that I rarely post anything on him! He doesn't really like being in front of the camera so I had to coerce him on this trip. :)

22. Kendi Lea says:

Ha! I'll tell him you said so. (Also, this is a husband free territory so you are good.)

23. leyla. says:

i would've loved to listen in on that discussion. even though i do not have my own business, nor do i plan to have one in the near future, it can still be inspiring hearing what wisdom young, successful and hard working individuals have to share. glad you had a great time and it's nice seeing your husband as well. he's quite handsome and a good dresser as well.

leyla.

24. lindsay says:

Pretty sure your hubby could start a men's fashion blog…or maybe you dress him? (Sometimes my husband lets me put outfits together for him)
    Either way, looks like you both had a great time, look fashionable of course.

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

09.13.12 · Reply
  25. love this post. i love new york a whole lot despite my southern roots and this post made me a bit nostalgic <3

26. Katie says:

OMG YOUR HUSBAND WEARS COLORED PANTS TOO!!! You guys rock.

27. Tiffany says:

How fun!  I have only been to NYC once but I loved it.  Never to live there, no no no, but to visit –YES!

28. Christina Storm says:

Love these photos thanks for sharing! Love NYC too!! Big fan of your blog :)

29. Jumberlain says:

Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

I love NYC and got chills reading this part of your post: "I think the best part of New York is the energy it shares. I don't know
    if it is the amount of people, the thousands of businesses, the
    creativity that thrives but you fall in love with the city within
    minutes of arriving. It's magical. Even the dirty streets and the
    strange smell on every block becomes romantic to you. All of a sudden a
    place that should intimidate becomes intimate and you suddenly feel like
    you belong."

Sorry for re-pasting .. just about half the post 😉 but it really spoke to me. I feel the same way about that city. Love the way you write.

30. Jess {The In-Between} says:

I love the part about listening to the little spark, and how women are meant to do this due to our attention to detail and our multi-tasking abilities.

Cheers to that!

31. inhonorofdesign says:

So loved meeting you and your husband. You were a breath of fresh air!
    Hope our paths cross again someday soon:)

32. suzanne says:

Great post.

The vibe in NYC is great. It can get freaky…but overall it's exhilarating.  Glad you were able to see more of it this time.BisousSuzannehttp://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

33. Beautiful pictures!!

09.13.12 · Reply
  34. Glad the NYC trip was a blast. Your husband is darling.. model good looking :)

35. Amberly Roland says:

You described my love for New York so perfectly. Most people don't understand, they think oh its dirty, hectic, or busy. But I think it takes certain people to really love NY. It truly does become intimate even as your pushing yourself against thousands of people all headed somewhere.

36. Taís Meireles says:

Your husband is toooo cute! How come you never showed him around here? Hahaha =P

37. Leah Selim says:

Kendi you and your hub should move here! You would add even more charm to the city :)

38. Kastles says:

Such a beautiful post! I am glad Brian got to share that with you! I so wish I could have to come to listen to you talk about your store! I see your one year anniversary is coming up! Congrats! Hope you are having a lovely week!
    <3 Kastles

39. Sarah says:

Love your flats, they're gorg! I love your jazz hands by the way :)

40. Kristina says:

Great post. Thank you for the inspiration you give me almost daily. I love reading your posts and especially this one. You are a gift to the blogging world Ms. Kendi. Mahalo and Aloha.

41. Leslie L. says:

I love when you speak about being an entrepreneur Kendi. I've always wanted to open a boutique and I'm finally planning it out and going through with it! You've inspired me, and I'm sure tons of other ladies as well to pursue their dreams!

Leslie

42. Ellen Dignazio says:

been reading your blog for awhile now.. love not only your outfits, but also every word you write.  Funny, sincere, self teasing…. great.. your husband should do a blog for the men!

43. Joyce says:

Awwww cute pics of the hubby and he does know how to dress! Nice! I really want to visit ny too… Sounds like so much fun!

Joyce@
    Sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

44. Miranda says:

Thank you so much for sharing this, Kendi! I loved seeing your photos. PS, you and your husband are both total dreamboats! Perfect match! So cute :)

09.13.12 · Reply
  45. Tell us about those comfy flats. Where are they from??

46. eelsay says:

Loos like you had a great trip! love all the looks!

47. pretty little things says:

great photos – hope you had a great time in the best city ever! xo

09.13.12 · Reply
  48. I love whenever you write what you're up to!  And seeing your outfits–and Bryan's–is always a plus.  Who taught that kid how to dress, anyway?

49. Elaine says:

You two are adorable! Wish I had been there to hear you speak.

09.13.12 · Reply
  50.  Where are those flats from? I'm on the hunt for comfortable, colorful flats and I've been striking out on the comfortable front.

51. Stephanie Lam says:

Love this post!! I wish I could have been there! I'll definitely try to go next year! Your husband looks very happy in the photos (why wouldn't he be, he's married to a beautiful woman)!! :)
    -Stephanie@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

52. Seekingstyleblog says:

Pardon my gawking, but your husband is a hottie!

53. Katie says:

Great post. I am a fan of your bag. Where is it from?

54. Marin says:

I love it when you share bits of your personal life (like your husband).  You guys are so cute and happy. :) thanks for such a great blog!

55. Sarah H. says:

Are we sure those are jazz hands? They look more like spirit fingers to me. Also, your husband is a cutie. If I ever get tired of having a wife and want to try a husband instead, I may take yours.

Anyway…Wonderful post and looks like an awesome time!!!! <–4 exclamation points are necessary

Sarah's Real Life

56. Annika says:

More information about you bag and flats please!

57. Alison says:

Kendi,
    I have been following your blog for over a year now and I FINALLY worked up the courage to start my own (primarily secret, obviously) style blog this past weekend! Your great taste, wit, and charm are three components that make your blog stand out from the rest…and of course your jazz hands. Any pointers would be so appreciated (because if the style angle bombs I'll have to blog about my second favorite thing: Chick-Fil-A).

Thanks for being such an inspiration!

Alison

58. Kendi~

It seems you had a wonderful time in New York!

Have a Beautiful Day!
    Kathryn

59. kristian satterlee says:

Sounds like such an amazing trip!

09.13.12 · Reply
  60. Kendi~ Thank you so much for writing about this…it comes at a perfect timing while I have been contemplating starting a BLOG. It seems you had a wonderful time in New York! I wish I could have been there to hear you speak. Is there a recording of the conference?Have a Beautiful Day!Kathryn

61. Lily says:

I love this post! What you said about that little spark that whispers in you, I feel like you're speaking to me! I'm just getting started but I already love this blogging world so much and I have big dreams for the future! I adore you and your blog!

62. love those shots – wouldn't mind seeing the rest! katejones.me

63. Alissa Futhey says:

You two are seriously the most fashionable couple! I've never seen photos of his before, what an adorable guy!
    adoredlife.blogspot.com

64. Sheislovely says:

Looks like a lot of fun in NYC!!! Jealous! :)

xo – Sheila

65. Van says:

Your husband can dress as well as he does because he learns from the best, you.

66. SE says:

Wonderful to hear about your NY trip- and your hubby looks like a celebrity!. What a great looking couple you two make.

I started following you back when you were working for some company, and I have to say, I am so thrilled at all of your success. I always felt you had something special and authentic and talented in your blog. I know you're busy with the store, but I hope you'll also consider other writing avenues because you're one of the best.

09.14.12 · Reply
  67. Your jazz hands look great. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

68. Angela says:

Looks like so much fun. Wish I had been there!

Method Clothe

69. Jane says:

Could we hear about the "most comfortable flats ever"??  Who wouldn't want some of those?  Thx!

09.14.12 · Reply
  70. New York looked like a blast!
    P.S. I always impress people with my jazz hands 😉

71. Lizette Vigo says:

What a lovely post! You always make me laugh when you write! Loved all the pictures and how they described your whole trip there! Someday I'll visit New York! Can't wait!

72. Andrea says:

Love your polka dot outfit! Where are your red flats from? When you said that they were the most comfortable flats, that hooked me. I need comfortable and cute!

73. Aileen says:

Aww, you guys are such a cute couple! Loved this post, I miss New York City!!

74. Kellee says:

Sounds like you had a blast!! I really want to take in a few blogger workshops.  Blogging is always evolving, and it's so inspiring to hear from other girls that have made it their own way.  Thanks for sharing!! And cute photos <3

09.14.12 · Reply
  75. Kendi I loved reading this post! It's always nice when you give us a little peek inside your life, I don't think I've ever even seen a picture of your husband (who is a fantastic photographer)! Looks like a fantastic trip. I haven't spent much time in NYC, but I can't wait to one day. It must have been a little unnerving to speak amongst other talented and fashionable people (not to mention, how did you ever pick what to wear?) but I'm sure you were just great. Wish I could have been there!

76. julia martin says:

aww, this is such a sweet post!  glad you had a great time at IFB, I wish I could have been there to hear all the awesome panels!

xo julesinflats.com

09.14.12 · Reply
  77. I can personally attest to the cool jazz hands you so eloquently speak of b/c I am in the picture!! (Starbucks in hand). You gave great advice and I cannot agree more with your point that women are made for Entrepreneurship. I was that blogger that asked (grilled) you about opening your own store. Thanks for the honest and down-to-earth advice. Hope our paths cross again!-Becky

09.14.12 · Reply
  78. Super cute outfits! Perfect for a visit to the city :)

~Jacy

79. Myrna says:

LOVE these pics. If only the conference was able to have been streamed. Bummer. Would have loved to hear your advice about opening your store.

XX-Myrna

80. Lizzie says:

Awwww, how to cool to see your husband on here :) You guys make a wonderful couple!

Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

81. Ayessa says:

What a stylish couple!! I love your flats, Kendi. <3

09.14.12 · Reply
  82. Did you see how horrific people dress in midtown?….It's because they all subjected to corporate biz culture/work in cube farms.

compromising your self assertion = dressing for success :) http://myotherself.com/

83. Kendi Lea says:

I knew you were dazzled by them all night. You just couldn't take your eyes off of them.

09.14.12 · Reply
  84. So glad to hear you have a love affair with NYC too and that you had a successful (and fun!) visit. Your hubby is adorable and very well dressed. You need to feature his style more in this space! 😉

Emily
    via Emily

85. Kirsten says:

Looks like so much fun!!
    You, AND your cute little Mr look adorable. DId he dress himself? If so, he needs to start hanging out with mine so he can teach him a fee things!! :)

Kirsten
    {travandkirk.blogspot.com}

86. Gabrielle Pedriani says:

Hahahh. Such great writing here. Love how you treat your husband – such a cute couple.

Congrats on the panel , I'm sure everyone loved your wisdom (and your jazz hands. obviously your jazz hands)

It must feel wonderful to have gotten to this place in your life doing something that you love.

"an awkward girl first then a blogger"

Story. of. my. life.

_Gabrielle

87. Hailey says:

ah i love that red skirt!

88. Happinessatmidlife says:

Looks like a great conference & you and your hubby got to see quiet a bit of NYC in 2 short days!

09.14.12 · Reply
  89. You are so inspiring Kendi!! Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos.  Your Mr. can dress:)
    xo, amy

90. Lauren says:

So cute!  I love this post!  You two are such an attractive couple!

forunendinglove.blogspot.com

09.14.12 · Reply
  91. I can only imagine just how impressed those bloggers were with your jazz hands.  I'm impressed, and I didn't even see them in person!  But for real, I'm sure you were a lovely panelist and I'm so glad you got to have a few days to enjoy New York.  I've never been but I'm crossing my fingers that someday soon I'll have the opportunity to go!  Maybe those eight million people will be nice and let me in, too.

92. TheresaTran says:

How cute!! You two are a very good looking couple!! (: Great photos!! looks like you had so much fun!

-theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

93. elizabeth c. says:

Just came back from New York last week and totally agree with you calling the city "magical" and simply, love at first sight. Crowded, dirty, and smelly but still love…ironic isn't it?

94. Frugalistamom says:

You are such a good writer.:)

95. Zadin says:

Your husband is very handsome and together you are very good looking couple.

It brought me great pleasure to read this post.

96. XeanaFashion says:

So pretty!

From http://www.xeanafashion.com

09.14.12 · Reply
  97. Wow, you guys are so cute, you're like puppies!

98. Cathy Anderson says:

It was so great hearing you on the IFB panel last week!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

99. Amy @ The Savvy Kitchen says:

Where are your red flats from? They're super cute!

09.14.12 · Reply
  100. Yay, it seems you had such a great time in NY. Loved your outfit for the panel. :)

09.14.12 · Reply
  101. Ok your husband is adorable! And you two together are even more adorable! Loved both of your outfits throughout your few days in NY. xx

102. Crystal says:

"And if you have that spark in you, that little sparks that whispers to you "you could do that" then you should listen." LOVE that. Thank you for inspiring some of us "normal" people to listen to that voice!

09.14.12 · Reply
  103. Kendi, I love your "tourist mode" over the shoulder bag. Where did you get it?

09.14.12 · Reply
  104. I did get to see them! It was super cool since I've been envying them for years now. I still don't believe your shoes are comfy. Although I am wearing those Urban Outfitters red shoes and got a compliment through a bathroom stall on them. gotta love that.

xoxo Jessica

09.14.12 · Reply
  105. You are your own truth, so why not believe it wholeheartedly? #BOOM That is beautiful Kendi. Thank You!

106. Danielle Pervinich says:

Glad to see y'all got Bryan a nice pair of red pants! Are they from JCrew too? P.S. this is your crazy awesome blog "stalker" who came to your shop a few Sunday's ago to meet you…and you commented on my husband's red pants.  He felt so cool.  It was a pleasure meeting you! ~Danielle

107. Count To Four says:

loved this post! thanks for sharing your experience. great photos, and the tourist mode photo is my fav!

108. Leigh says:

Speaking of arrows, is there a tutorial you could point me towards PLEASE!?! I love your arrows, and can't manage to figure out the trick…
    Looks like you had a great trip :) Thanks for sharing!

109. Rjmiller559 says:

I'm a fashion merchandising student at Mizzou and just wanted to share with you how much I love your blog! I'm so inspired by this post because recently I've been thinking about starting a blog but can't get over the fear/butterflies and the thought that who would care what I have to say? You're my inspiration! I'm gonna take the plunge into the blog-o-sphere!

110. Katie says:

Oh Kendi, you can't label something "the most comfortable flats ever" and then leave us hanging without telling us where to find them :)

111. Kendrrat says:

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Your photos are great!
    kendrrat
    kendrrat.blogspot.com

09.14.12 · Reply
  112. That navy/orange outfit is seriously one of my absolute faves of yours.  Ever.  Looks like a great time with your man.

113. Natalia Valle says:

Dear Kendi…I've got a little question…Could you please tell us but are you doing in a slideshow at Megan Nielsen's blog? I've just seen you and it's been kind of weird…

114. Caroline L. says:

Totally agree with you about the energy in NYC. You and your husband look so adorable traipsing around the city!

115. Mary Boctor says:

I love the outfit in the second photo, very original and flattering (a happy medium is hard to find sometimes…), and the jazz hands!

09.14.12 · Reply
  116. new york is a behemoth, in energy and in passion and in character…. you could easily spend 2 days exploring each of its neighborhoods. i never tire of the city!

sounds like it was an exciting panel, wish i could have attended.

09.14.12 · Reply
  117. Looks like it was a great trip! I love that blue and orange outfit.

-Erin-

118. Christine says:

Kudos to the Mr. B looks great and could have his own fashion blog! Thanks for sharing NYC.

119. bethany says:

i have never left a comment before, despite being a daily stalker and though i always love your written voice (as well as your fantastic style), i was just smitten with the way you described my city. "All of a sudden a place that should intimidate becomes intimate and you suddenly feel like you belong." that's part of the magic and why i adore it. im glad you enjoyed your visit + that you captured it so well in word + photo! ill actually be spending thanksgiving in mckinney and i hear it has its own magic as well. cheers!

120. Kendi Lea says:

Ha — major lookalike I'm guessing. I couldn't tell you which girl you were talking about – the slideshow just sent me to a hot blonde chick. But if that's who you were talking about, why thank you. 😉

Also, the day a street style photographer shoots me, is the day I die and become Rachel Zoe.

121. Eve Maria says:

I love your thoughts on women & blogging and your thoughts on why we do this. I totally agree :)

122. Lorena says:

nice pictures! your flats looks adorable!!
    kisses,Lorena

123. Lorena says:

great pictures! your flats looks adorable!
    Kisses,Lorena

124. Rachael Hawkins says:

Wonderful post and beautiful pictures as always.  I'm sure the bloggers at the conference were so grateful to hear your insight on the business side to blogging and your store.

125. Rosely Carrasco says:

New York sounds and looks amazing. Its so awesome you get to have those opportunities. Goes to show that hard work and doing what you love goes a long way. Congrats.

126. Molly McConn says:

I am swooning over this post. It's so beautifully written; I love the last little piece on NY, especially how you say it all of the sudden transforms from "intimidating to intimate." Well put. And the ghost chairs! I died. Your hubby is very photogenic, and I laughed at the arrows comment. Thanks for sharing!

-Molly

127. Nikki Hodum says:

Your New York pictures look so fantastic!!  I just love New York.  That is so awesome that you were on the an IFB panel!  I hope to be able to go to the IFB conference & fashion week next year!

128. Librarian on the Run says:

Great great pics! We are all so so so proud of you – I'm like the others – I've been reading/following you from days of yore – when you teased your coworkers with your colored tights :) Oh, those days are long in the past! Your red flats look just like some that are at Old Navy – and I've been debating about buying them – now I just might! I must add – and I don't mean this at all in a negative or bad way – but HOLY – did your husband lose weight/tone up?! I remember older photos of him – he looks fit as a fiddle! WOW! You guys both look great!

Lastly – thank you – thank you Mrs. Skeen, for working through Bloom and getting me my most beautiful bag. I do adore it – and it's a bag I've been hunting down for awhile now. Thank you so much for helping me out! I hope you have a lovely weekend and impress many more people with those jazz hands.

09.15.12 · Reply
  129. kayleigh maryon says:

I think thats great that you made the time who look up to you and what you have accomplished with opening up your own business ect. Have you ever considered started a blog dedicated to small business ownership and how you got started and how other people could turn their dreams into reality. I think you have a knack for it and would love to hear what you have to say.

09.15.12 · Reply
  130. LabelSnobblog says:

Sounds like you really fell in love with NYC! I hope to go one day.
    Looks like you had a great trip and you really are an inspiration to so many woman.  You have a great blog, business and personality! XOXO

09.16.12 · Reply
  131. Julia Beckley says:

Great post! New York really is a special place. I'm headed up there next month for a ladies weekend with my besties and I can't wait. Loved seeing your pics and reading about your experience. Looks like you and your mister share a love of colored pants…. :)

09.16.12 · Reply
  132. Haleigh says:

You both look darling! Love the first outfit especially! Glad to see you are getting so many great opportunities!

-Haleigh

09.17.12 · Reply
  133. Marcie says:

You and the dude will have lovely well dressed kids.

09.17.12 · Reply
  134. Where are these adorable, red "most comfortable flats ever" from?

09.17.12 · Reply
  135. Chris says:

Thanks so much for including the pics of B in colored pants!  I have a pair of brick red pants as well that I've been trying to figure out how to wear.  since you are all about them,  I was also wondering what you thought of men in colored jeans and it appears I may have gotten my answer.

09.17.12 · Reply
  136. Jenn D says:

I LOVE that first outfit!

09.17.12 · Reply
  137. Ashley Spelce says:

Hard to believe that's the same shaggy-haired NSO dad who made us stomp around campus to the tune of "BLADES OF STEEL, KEEPIN IT REAL" and play an awkward game of hockey on stage in front of a thousand freshmen. I think we've come a long way in eight years (EIGHT YEARS?!?).

09.17.12 · Reply
  138. Ashley Spelce says:

09.17.12 · Reply
  139. Leesh says:

Where is your bag from? It looks like a great crossbody bag for traveling.

09.19.12 · Reply
  140. kendra says:
    09.20.12 · Reply
  141. Julie says:

Your husband is just as cute as you! :)  Yes, he can dress and deserves to be photographed and blogged about.

09.22.12 · Reply
  142. Great photo diary!

09.23.12 · Reply
  143. Hi B. You look as cute as can be.
    My husband and I also walked for two days all over the city that weekend (and the High Line. Perhaps we passed each other.) Gorgeous weather. NYC looked (and smelled) better than I ever remembered.

10.02.12 · Reply
  144. Kimberly Renee says:

I love your bag! I have been looking everywhere for a good travel bag. Would you mind telling me where it's from?

11.19.12 · Reply