Triangles

posted on: 8/09/2012

8.9.12a 8.9.12b 8.9.12c 8.9.12d
{Dress: Bloom | Jacket: J.Crew Factory | Wedges: Similar}

If my face looks sleepy, it's because it's having a hard time waking up today. My brain is awake, but my face is not. It may be 10 am but I am still rocking some pillow marks on my face and arms. Apparently when I went to sleep last night, I meant it. Also, I had a dream that I had a full on mustache on one side of my face.  What scares me is that in my dream I thought "well this isn't a bad look." If that is foreshadowing for my future, I've lost all hope.

I say this every year at this time but I'm going to say it again because if I didn't, it wouldn't be tradition: I'm ready for fall. I'm ready for layers without explanation. So yeah what if I am wearing a denim jacket and it might be offensively hot, I don't care. My outfit is cuter with the jacket. And nothing is cuter than a girl with a little bit of sweat, right?

1. I'm not ready for fall! We don't get much of a summer here!
    Love your dress! It's so cute!
    Style in the City

2. i LOVE this outfit. also, just wanted to thank you for being YOU today. you're awesome. loving the blog redesign, too :)

3. I hear ya sister!! I am soo ready for fall! And layers and scarves and boots!
    I am wearing a jean jacket today without need for it too. Will I be uncomfortably hot today? Yes. Will I be cuter because of it. Heck yes!

4. CoffeebeansandbobbypinsAugust 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

haha, if you wake up with a mustache tomorrow be sure to take pics!

5. What a fabulous dress!!!!!!!

6. You're outfit is definitely cuter with a jacket... I agree. What I also agree with is that I'm ready for fall. This sweating every night in my apartment and standing in from of the fan is not doing me well!

7. amen! i always rock a denim jacket when it's cuter! sweat, ftw!

8. I'm also ready for fall, I feel like my outfits have become so boring! I would be sweating up a storm if I was wearing a denim jacket!

9. As a fellow Texan, my first thought was, whoa, a jacket! But I'm with you, I can't wait for fall. Not that that really means it'll be cool enough to be wearing jackets, but a girl can dream, right?

10. Oh yeah, sweat is the new black.

11. I hate the days when I look sleepy!  What makes it worse is when other people notice it too.  I'm always like "Hey, I know, I looked in the mirror"!

Love the outfit!

lifeandstylebylisab.blogspot.com

12. Very cute. I would wear a denim jacket with a dress 345 days a year if I could :)

13. Love the shoes and the bangle! Great choices to add to the outfit.

14. My boyfriend constantly makes fun of me for wearing scarves in the summer. It may be 100 degrees in Atlanta, but if it looks good, I'm wearing it! I'm excited for fall, too--boots, tights, sweaters!!  Love this look! The dress is great.

15. Ah Kendi, I so agree. Layers is where it's at. . . and I live in Arizona where the true layering doesn't make its debut until November. : (

16. I've been having the exact same thoughts, I cannot wait for fall, when I can wear scarves, boots and drink my coffee hot again.  I told my husband, the summer just makes me excited for Halloween and Christmas."  It's just something we have to get through.

17. I want layers too! I'm moving to Scotland and I'm so ready for the 24/7 layer fest especially coming from FL!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

18. I honestly cannot wait until fall rolls around. My entire closet feels uninspired in the summer. Oh, another pair of shorts and a tank top? How original! :)

petiteonapenny

19. Very cute! I love denim jackets!

20. I am so unbelievably ready for fall. homygoodness.

www.highheelstosneakers.com

21. What a pretty dress Kendi! Love it with the leather jacket!  I'm the opposite, I hope summer never ends!

22. Haha - I felt this same way the other day, wearing my jean jacket over a lace dress even though it was 90 degrees out...people were looking at me funny! :)  Oh, the things we do for fashion!

23. I wore a denim jacket yesterday :) love your outfit!

24. Totally agree on wanting the weather to agree with my desire to wear layers! I compromised today and opted for a vest. Although the moment I step outside I want to ditch it immediately!

25. Cayuuute outfit!! The jean jacket totally makes the look. So what if you're a little dewy because of it. Perspiration is beauty...right? I think that's how the saying goes. And if it doesn't, well effective now, in the dead heat of a sweltering Texas summer, I declare it does :)

26. Such a cute outfit! That dress is great. I thought the same thing yesterday when I threw on my denim jacket. My dress just looked better with it on. Hurry up Fall!  -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

27. love everything about this look! your face doesn't even look sleepy :)

28. Madeleine DouglassAugust 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I bought those Seychelles wedge loafers because of your site. You should ask them for a cut. ;)

29. it is a really cute outfit ... anything in the name of looking great right?!?! and you look just wonderful!
    Jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

30. Gorgeous dress! I like this outfit a lot!

31. "And nothing is cuter than a girl with a little bit of sweat, right?"

Only a girl with half a mustache.

32.  Bahahaha I die.

Great post and humor as always Kendi.

33. I wish I were you today...don't think I could wear this but you look smashing!
    Of course girls with sweat are cute...that's what I tell myself when I take the kids to Target AFTER my massive workout that allows my hair to be perfectly slicked back and my shirt to stick to me...sweat=sexy...am I right or am I right?

34. I feel ya - I am SO ready for fall and layers and boots and all of those wonderful things.

35. AH! I just ran across your blog and LOVE it! So funny because 1/2 of my blog name is "Bloom"!
    So not the point though.
    Point is.......you're gorgeous and I adore your style!

nice to meet you :)
    xo.
    Nicole
    www.hourglassandbloom.wordpress.com

36. What a fun print! Lovely dress!

37. I like long days and wearing flip flops- but I love fall. September 1st is one of my top favorite calendar days. Hello boots, evening tv shows, scarves, and pumpkin everything :)

38. kendra genevieve roseAugust 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Super dee duper adorable outfit, Kendi! I especially love those brown sandals! Way cute!!

Xx
    kendra-genevieve-rose.blogspot.com

39. BAH!!!! A sweaty half mustached girl. So hot.

40. I love that dress! And I also CANNOT wait for fall. Everything about it. I'm a layering kind of girl to the bone. You'll see me in cardigans in the middle of summer all the time :) No judgement there!

41. I am so ready for fall too... I am sure I'll complain once it is too cold, but I want it to be sweater season!

42. Darn straight.

I can't wait for fall, either.

43. is your dress new?? because i am LOVIN it! it'd be even cuter with ankle boots and a scarf for fall... and this isn't even my dress but i'm thinking of a million ways to wear it! haha :)

love,
    manda

44. Such a cute outfit! Love the bag!

www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

45. I was JUST saying last night how I am ready for fall!  Fall clothes, fall makeup! Bring it on!

46. Such a cute dress! And I'm ready for Fall, too. I'm so over summer and all this crappy heat/humidity!
    xo Heather  http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

47. I don't think your face looks sleepy, Kendi! Actually, you look really cute. I know what you mean about fall layers but personally I'm not quite ready to give up my summer yet ;)

xo, alison*elle

48. Hahah i totally agree... Who cares if it's hot? It's hot with or without the jacket, so jacket it is! And the dream...?! Hahaha you are too funny!

Joyce@
    Sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

49. Very cute outfit, Kendi!  And lol, if nothing is cuter than a girl with a little sweat, you and I are by far the cutest!

~Melanie

50. Adorable outfit Kendi! I love the shoes :)

xx Emily

51. I like the new layout of your blog. If it was changed a long time ago, I'm sorry for not noticing it.

This is one of your best looks. Very youthful.

www.zadinblog.com

52. I looove reading your blogposts!! They always make me laugh out loud! :)
    Very cute outfit indeed, incl. the denim jacket!
    xo Andrea

53. very cute outfit! love those shoes :)

54. I couldn't even tell that you were sleepy! And ahahha your dream is so hilarious!

55. Love this outfit! Its the perfect transition from summer to fall (too bad the weather does'y agree). And I'm super tempted to blow my next paycheck on it.

56. Ankle boots!!!! I can not wait for ankle boots this fall. I tried to wear some the other day with denim cut-offs a la Kate Bosworth and I got the worst looks. People are not ready for boots here. And honestly, I was real sweaty.

57. I love that dress!!! Trying to justify another clothing purchase to get it on Bloom right now....

58. Love that dress the pattern is awesome! And layer season is coming!!
    Carlee

59. I love this dress. I can't wait for fall either! All of us here in North Texas are way too hot!

sincerelysk.blogspot.com
    Sara

60. Lovely dress!  very flattering!

61. And I LOVE that you don't have it tied in this outfit versus the shop shot. Nice to show it's versatility. shine on!

62. you look so adorable, i love those shoes!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

63. You are just so stinkin cute.... pillow marks and sweat and all... LOVE the outfit and if I could rock a pair of legs like yours I'd wear it.  UGH!!

64. I love how you are always looking forward to the next season..I recall you dressing for summer back in march or something.
    -Big fan

65. Great outfit! I can't wait for fall either! Summer is my least favorite season...it's way too hot!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

66. I'm ready for Fall as well! That jacket and bag will definitely carry over into the next season.

Kristin
    www.dressedandfed.com

67. I'm with you. I find it so hard to look put together in the summer because my focus is just on wearing as little clothing as I can manage without looking flat out indecent. Some days it's so hot I'm sweating under my cuff bracelet and even a chunky necklace feels like more than I can stand.

68. I think most of us are ready for fall... I can't wait to start wearing not only jackets, but also boots!

69. I want it to be fall as well!!! I'm ready for layering...but this heat is NOT letting me do that. x___x Love this outfit!! Very cute dress. (:

-theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

70. I can wait for fall, I really like the hot weather, but Mother Nature doesn't really take my opinions to heart, so I guess I'll be layering up pretty soon too. I want a dress just like yours, as well as a denim jacket. Maybe you want to send me the ones you're wearing?

Genie

www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

71. I love summer dresses with jean jackets. It is one of my go to looks. I cannot wait for fall fashion either.

72. Josephine SchroederAugust 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Love this! I'm so ready for fall too, bring on the crisp autumn air! Great post, as always. Gorgeous dress, and everything looks better with a jean jacket, mostly anyways :)

<3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

73. Sweat? Pillow lines? I must be blind girl, you look gorgeous! x

74. I was just thinking the other day I can't wait till it is cool enough to wear more clothes again!

75. Love the jean jacket plus dress look. It's been my uniform for summer nights this year! And nooooo, I am not ready for fall! I think I'll never shake my elementary school thought process of end of summer = beginning of school = end of staying up late and having fun. I should probably outgrow that soon. Yep. Any day. =)

www.butshoppingmakesmehappy.blogspot.com

76. I've been eye-ing (eyeing?) jean jackets for awhile now... You're sealing the deal and putting the nail in the coffin (of me being able to pay rent on time). :)

77. Haha love this! Layering is always more fun, even if the weather doesn't agree :)

Life etc

78. Love the jean jacket over that ADORABLE dress! I'm right there with you, I can't wait to get creative with my outfits with layers upon layers and not sweat like a fabulous beast ;) xx, Allie

www.alliesbubble.blogspot.com

79. Oh I love this outfit! Love love the print on that dress and I feel ya Kendi I cannot wait for fall as well! Ready for tights and jackets and sweaters, in the meantime, let's try and get away with them anyway!

perfectly priya

80. Very cute blue on blue. LOL. Your face does not look sleeping at all. In fact, you look very pretty.
    Mom Fitness Journal | Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

81. This outfit looks comfy & cute. and I totally know what you mean about adding a jacket with a dress. can't wait till fall!

Oh,
    My

82. Love your dress!  I think I need it in my closet.  Such a cute print.

83. very cute- love a jean jacket. Great look for a summer date night. Hope the shop is goign well! xx

ellen

84. Are these shoes a wedge? I am assuming so but just can't tell. How high is the heel? Thanks!

thecouplandian.blogspot.com

85. Love the dress pretty lady!!

86. I love fall fashion and the stores are making me want to layer. If we went from fall to spring, I'd be all for fall. It's such a shame we let winter get in the way ;)

87. You are looking so cute Kendi, as always! :) We are in OK, so we are feeling the same heat. Finger crossed that we get to break out the layers sooner than November! Or else, we will be sweating in style too!  :) ~L&W
    www.thedoubletakegirls.com

88. I live in Houston and I wore a cardigan to work today. Was it reasonable? Definitely not! Did it make the outfit? Why yes it did! And yes, I am so ready for fall! Unfortunately, it doesn't really exist here.

89. Loving those sandals!
    xo Jenniferhttp://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

90. kristian satterleeAugust 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Your writing always makes me smile. No, seriously, I quote it aloud to people somedays (like today) when reading. Thank you for the smiles.

91. I bought those shoes last year after I saw them on your blog and am embarrassed to say they haven't made it out of my closet this summer! Thanks for the reminder! - J
    2girlsin2cities.blogspot.com

92. I'm ready for fall too! Even though I live in California and have a feeling in isn't coming any time soon.  And dresses always look cuter with denim jackets
    ~Jessica

93. HappinessatmidlifeAugust 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Fun dress! I am not ready for fall yet but my closet is...we are just starting  to have horribly HOT weather in CA.

www.happinessatmidlfie.com

94. I literally laughed at loud at your mustache comment. And my sister looked at me from across the room like I was a crazy person. Love your outfits and your humor, Kendi!

buttonspockets.blogspot.com

95. I love your comment "layers without explanation". It made me giggle mostly because even though I live in Southern California, by the time October rolls around I try to pretend it isn't over 85 degrees everyday.

96. You are just too cute, love your style and your humour even more. Thanks for making me smile and giggle so much! But please no fall, we didn't even have a real summer until now in germany. So yeah, I was wearing a lot of layers without explanation these last months.

97. Hello Kendy , I love your blog . I follow many style blogs but it seems there is not enough outfit for a rainy summer day. I'm looking forward to see it in your blog.
    cheers

98. Wearing jackets/vests even though it is obscenely hot and therefore unnecessary? Yup, that has been me all summer. What can I say, I'm an autumn lady. A layerer through and through.

99. This is a beautiful dress.  I live in Dallas too, and I am so ready for the fall.  I've been rocking the jean jacket with a little bit of sweat too. :) It's nearly impossible not to when it's over 100!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

100. I am in love with your dress and excited to see that we are sister's in shoes. Have a great weekend xoxoxox

101. This makes me laugh as I had decided the same thing today!  Wearing a super cute strapless black dress with my jean jacket although its incredibly HOT!  But its super cute!  And I am ready for fall as well!!

102. Such a cute and beautiful day look.

103. Such cute prints on that dress! Sometimes a jean jacket can add that 'extra something' to an outfit, so if you look great wearing it, let it be! In my case, I have to say that I'm more of a summer girl!

Jenny

104.  love the print of the dress...

Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

105. Beautiful dress, I like the colour and print and it really does look good with the denim jacket :)

AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

106. Ahaha your dream sounds so funny and I feel the same way ... Fall is taking too long to come!! Loving the summer layers, really cute : )

Kelly

www.theluxurycloset.com

107. this is srsly totes adorbs ;)