Erin on Why I Remix

I buy my clothes at largely the same places that everyone else does. But that doesn’t mean I have to wear them in the same way that everyone else wears them. You can have a wardrobe that’s 90% “big box store” items, but no one would ever suspect as long as you wear those items your own way!

Why Do I remix?

I think that clothes and accessories offer such a wonderful outlet for us to express ourselves, for us to present to the world our personality and even our mood. And since my mood changes all the time, the way I wear my clothes changes too! My style changes in little ways every day. I’m constantly influenced by not just my mood, but fashion blogs, TV shows and people on the street. Remixing is a great way to keep evolving your style. I don’t need new clothes, just new pairings.

I thought myself a proficient remixer before I participated in the 30×30 challenge, but I’ve gained new insight into how I approach clothes and what categories I put things in. I’ve worn things in ways I never would have imagined had they not been on the rack together, and it’s been wonderful. I’ve felt like I have tons of new clothes, without actually buying any!

______________________

Keep up with Erin and her remix at Work With What You’ve Got.

1. I love Erin..shes a great example of the everyday person:) Shes done fab in this challenge….really really proud of her:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my EL Vintage Giveaway!!♥

02.18.11 · Reply
  2. I’m admittedly a bit obsessed with Erin, both for her style and her sass, so I love that you featured her here! 🙂

3. jentine says:

My heart has plenty of room for Erin! I have been following her blog for foreeeeever and it’s awesome to see her try new things during this 30X30! Sasssy lady!

02.18.11 · Reply
  4. Great feature choice hun! I love Erin, and it’s so fun hearing about other peoples remix stories!

5. Trophyboutique says:

Erin is great AND she has spreadsheets. She’s my remixing hero.

02.18.11 · Reply
  6. I made a post mainly because you keep doing these why I remix things… and then it got picked for links a la mode Thanks http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2011/02/why-i-remix.html

• Kendi Lea says:

Hey Colleen, that’s great! Thank for posting a link and congrats on the IFB mention!

02.18.11 · Reply
      • Thanks. It was my first mention. I’ve submitted 1 post a week for about 3 months now. It is funny because I thought some of my other submissions were better. Sometimes I just think if they do a theme then mine didn’t fit in to that.

02.18.11 · Reply
  7. I love Erin’s style and she is KILLING this challenge. I love it. And I totally agree with her that seeing things on the rack together make you pair things together that you usually overlook!

02.18.11 · Reply
  8. Yay for featuring Erin! Not only is she a mixmaster, she’s also really good at talking people (me) down from a 30 for 30 ledge. : )

Jenn

02.18.11 · Reply
  9. Oh Erin she’s just a gem! You hear me Erin YOU’RE A GEM!

10. Erindyan says:

Yay! Thank you so much for asking me to do this. I’m so honored. <3

11. Laura says:

I love Erin’s blog… She really influences me. It’s nice to see her featured here.

12. Very true, I agree.

02.18.11 · Reply
  13. So well put. I really love Erin’s blog – hers is the first style blog I started reading – and she’s pulling off the 30×30 fantastically well. What we wear is so dependent on our mood when we get dressed in the morning (or afternoon, or evening.) That’s why it’s so fun to remix – it’s amazing how one piece can be interpreted in so many different ways. I’m a lot like Erin in that I don’t really have one way of dressing, or one distinctive style. I like to mix it up, and try lots of different looks. She really inspires me!

14. Vanessa says:

I think people really underestimate the great things you can get from cheaper stores. Also, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut of pairing a shirt with the same pants over, and over again.
    My Heart Blogged

02.18.11 · Reply
  15. Yay! I love Erin! This is an awesome series and I am glad you continued it during this challenge.

16. kathryn says:

This is so true! every time a new trendy trend thing comes up, I almost always have a way to incorporate and use something I already own to make it work awesomely!

ohpageboys.blogspot.com

02.19.11 · Reply
  17. Kirsty says:

Hey Kendi! Yesterday I posted a little about what I’ve learned in this whole process of remixing. It’s been pretty eye opening for me. 🙂 And also, thanks so much for adding Rachel’s info because she’s sketching a gorgeous little something (with my little boys included – as birds) for me as a header. I’m so stinking excited about it (it’s the small things …) It’s the “ruffled yellow” post. Have a lovely weekend!

02.19.11 · Reply