Good Morning

10.20.10a
10.20.10b
10.20.10c
10.20.10d
10.20.10e{Shop: Blazer, Shoes, Similar Pants}I missed an outfit post yesterday due to an emergency. An emergency performance by Sufjan Stevens in Austin. I had to be there you guys, he couldn’t have performed without me. You understand right? Anyways, I wore a repeat of this outfit so its not like you missed anything. Oh but you did. You missed an amazing concert, not to rub it in. (But it was amazing.)

So to make up for not taking pics yesterday, B said that we could take outfit pics this morning instead of waiting until after work. I thought this was a good idea until I remembered the Morning Face ™.

10.20.10fOh that Morning Face. Yeah the one that’s puffy and with pillow lines still on it. The kind of angry, kind of confused looking face. We gave it five minutes to wake up and then shot…guns. We shot guns this morning. I’m kidding we shot photos. But we could have had we wanted to. No one was around to stop us.
On a lighter note, I got my jacket yesterday for $50 at Loft. That’s not a bargain, Kendi! Yes it is friends, when it originally cost $128, that is a bargain. They are having a 50% off sale. If you are not heading there after work, I’m starting to think that you don’t like saving money. And if that’s true, I’m not sure we can be friends.

1. V says:

Love that jacket and just ordered it this morning for myself! I agree, $50 is a sale!

10.20.10 · Reply
  2. Thank you for showing me how to wear a sweatshirt-type blazer! I was at a total loss on how to dress this up. And yes, that IS a steal!

Love your blog! I'm a loyal follower!
    Kelsey

10.20.10 · Reply
  3. I'm pretty much in love with your scarf. I saw the shop links at the bottom and got really excited.

But alas, it was not one of them. But don't worry! My saddness of short lived, because you made me laugh.

-Cassidy

4. AMS says:

LOVE the outfit! And Sufjan! :)

5. kskeen27 says:

Cassidy — H&M unfortunately doesn't sell online or I totally would have listed it. Such a bummer too, since I live in Texas and they have ZERO stores in this state. Maybe there is a location where you live??

6. Emily says:

I'm going to Sufjan Stevens in Hotlanta! I seriously cannot wait. Maybe you should repost the post about the post so I can get some ideas on what to wear? Beautiful, btw.

7. Kayla says:

Hey I was at Sufjan Stevens too. Wasn't it dreamy? Oh and I look worse than you in the morning, At least your cute outfit is a distraction till you wake up fully.

8. Em says:

loveein the scarf, I wish i had it!

10.20.10 · Reply
  9. So cute Kendi – I love that scarf! I don't worry, we all have morning face. And if it makes you feel better, mine is way worse because it involves waking up to crying babies every morning. hehe

10. Liz says:

Fantastic as always Kendi! And I love the way you do math. $50 is indeed quite a savings!

10.20.10 · Reply
  11. Hahaha..cute post…love your jacket by the way, and a deal it is indeed:)
    I think Im going to DSW after work:)

You look great as always..morning or not:)

Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

10.20.10 · Reply
  12. OMGoodness!!! I am a huge Sufjan Stevens fan! I almost played one of his songs at my wedding…
    I adore that scarf-the colors are great!
    Love your blog :)

13. rlutz says:

I just bought that jacket last night…love how you styled it with that beautiful scarf!
    Morning Kendi is scary…

14. Caton Ann says:

I love Sufjan Stevens, and your scarf! and I am now headed to the loft this afternoon, thank you for the heads up!

15. Jess says:

Why, I'm wearing that very same scarf today! Except mine is blue and orange and yours is purple and red, or maybe that's just my crappy monitor.

Thank you kindly for the Loft heads-up.

10.20.10 · Reply
  16. College Station? No. We have very limited shopping here.

Sigh.

-Cassidy

17. Dip-tea says:

Very pretty for a casual outfit. Love the pop of red on the otherwise simple chic outfit!!

18. Sarah says:

Ha ha indeed it is a deal if we're talking about the loft here! I am so in love with that scarf/bandana. I've been searching for an old lady one at thrift stores but as of now…they look too old lady so I'm holding out for a good one.
    p.s. My morning face is worse than yours, be proud.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

19. Kendi,

I was suppose to work late, go home eat left overs for dinner and pack for my trip this weekend. and NOW… I'm going to end up spending an hour at Loft and not get my suitcase packed. I guess I will just where whatever I buy. BUT I still will blame you for my empty suit case. THANKS!… but seriously thanks for the heads up :-)

10.20.10 · Reply
  20. Love your blog! Makes me laugh every day!

xo L

21. Melanie says:

Sufjan Stevens?!?! What did he play? Has he completed another state? I'm so jealous…

22. lizzle says:

Just thought I'd let you know, your blog has become one of my favourite reads!

Those shoes are awesome by the way. I want them in red and purple…

-liz =D

23. Heidi says:

Aww, morning face Kendi is awesome! & I want to copy this outfit exactly. Love how classic it is & the fun red pumps are an awesome pop of color!

24. mika says:

your blazer is fantastic!!!
    great style :)

10.20.10 · Reply
  25. Great outfit!!! A Sufjan Stevens is an emergency of the highest level….glad you had fun! I'm seeing Sleigh Bells tonight and can't wait!

ps No fair putting a TM on the Morning Face. My morning face can give yours a run for its money!

26. ag. says:

Aah, I love this outfit! So classic and fun…I want to wear variations of this every day!

27. Hope says:

I LOVE Loft's sales. They always have the best discounts! Sounds like I need to skedaddle in there…

10.20.10 · Reply
  28. Your posts make my life. LOVE your scarf!!

29. giiiiiirl

I don't wanna know anything about LOFt sales or how great the sufjan stevens concert was.

SO JEALOUS. I definitely do not need another reason to shop.

Nonetheless, you looked uber chic as always. Such a simple look but the scarf and shoes make it happen.

Love what you've got happening! :)

i wander, i wonder

10.20.10 · Reply
  30. Sigh, I love your style Kendi! Tried to order the blazer, but they only have size 18 left! Argh. I'm still on the hunt for a perfect blazer. And I'm still thinking I might need those shoes…

31. Justine says:

That is a seal Kendi! Great treasurer find! :)

Just Better Together

10.20.10 · Reply
  32. i just bought a pair of pants just like those from gap this weekend…and i've already worn them twice this week. and i'm not ashamed. ok, maybe a little.

33. Eli says:

it's funny cause I think anyone with a blog or sense of humor can totally relate to the morning face!

love your outfit here, simple chic and pretty

10.20.10 · Reply
  34. Oh snap, Kendi, thanks for the LOFT heads up! I knew it would pay off to randomly click on your site midafternoon every once in awhile! Tell Morning Face Kendi her appearance was for a worthy cause :)

35. Kelly says:

Lookin good! Love the colors in your scarf!

36. Char says:

I made it to that same sale in Chicago! I got a beautiful dress for a wedding for $30! I seriously contemplated getting that exact same jacket. Like I recognized it as soon as your page loaded… And now I'm a little angry that you have it… And I don't… Not. Fair.

37. Aubree says:

Love this! I am inspired to copy you. If only I had that fab scarf!

10.20.10 · Reply
  38. I'm going to see Sufjan Stevens next month! Very excited about it! Love the blazer. Unfortunately $50 is not cheap enough for me at the moment!

10.20.10 · Reply
  39. Great outfit! The shoes are amazing!!! Stopped by the LOFT yesterday to stock up for fall:) with the 50% off sale, its almost like they are paying you to take it off the shelf…well, i wish they were, at least:)
    ~Ally

40. Fer says:

I can only take pictures in the morning, right before I go to work. I also have a terrible case of Morning Face almost every day, but it's either taking the pictures with MF anyway, or not taking them at all (which would be pointless, my blog being a style diary and all).

what I do then, most every morning, is to take the pictures wearing dark glasses. they help me disguise my MF and, in addition, help me overcome my terrible shyness while conveying a certain aura of mystery ("why is she wearing glasses? is she on the police's Most Wanted list?").

so, I'd hate to be the one to tell you to cover such beautiful eyes (I personally know some people who'd kill me for even suggesting that), but if you ever have to take your pictures in the morning again and the MF is worse than most days, you could try this too.

um beijo from Brazil :*
    Fer
    Moda Fora de Moda

(PS: I read you blog every day, but I think this is only the second time I comment here. yes, I'm that shy. anyway, I just wanted to tell you some of my friends are hooked on your blog as well. especially one who's a heterosexual male with no interest in fashion whatsoever, but who loves reading your posts because he loves your texts. and that's how great your blog is).

41. Kate says:

Love this outfit! Are UO shoes comfy? I have always thought they were cute but I have never bought a pair.

Kate

42. Elizabeth says:

Sufjan and I are totally getting married. You know, just as soon as we meet. But seriously, it's going to happen.

Hope you had fun!
    exoh,
    Elizabeth

43. Michelle says:

I've gotta say. At first when I started reading your blog, I was totally blown away by your fashion sense and writing, but now I'm equally blown away by your incredible taste in music. First Cake and now Sufjan! Awesome. I'm seeing him next week in Vancouver, so excited!!

10.20.10 · Reply
  44. Your morning face is hilarious. Love the scarf!

45. Sara says:

Holy crap-oly, I'm adding Loft onto my shopping list tomorrow.

Oh, and Morning Face Kendi is a lot more attractive than Morning Face Sara. Morning Face Sara includes Morning Outfit Sara (pj's), complete with fuzzy slippers, polka dot bathrobe, and hair scrunched into a sorta-pony. I commend you.

I really like this look! I love doing all neutral basics and then pops of color in your accessories (more than one is more fun! Ha, see that rhyme I made there?)…Don't worry, I'm done now.

10.21.10 · Reply
  46. A blazer for $50 is a bargain in my book. Love this outfit with the scarf and colorful shoes.

Kendra

47. Lauren says:

your outfit is darling! Loft always has the best sales :)

48. J.S. says:

cute outfit…love the scarf.

jen

49. Brookelyn says:

That jacket is great!

50. Kinsey says:

Kendi you look great! I love how simple your outfits are, but so stylish. I love love love the scarf!

51. Shelby says:

i love the jacket, whadda steal!

10.21.10 · Reply
  52. Hahah Oh the morning face… mine is often angry too… You still look pretty stellar though, despite the hour :)

53. Kendi,
    glad your fans are forgiving your trip to Austin to see/hear Sufjan Stevens. My daughter-in-law, MY BRIGHTEST DIAMOND, sang with him for a couple tours and is featured on his latest release (I believe latest). So does that make me cool also? Hope so! I'm pretty slow with my SILVER CROWN STYLES blog but got another post up today. Love ya!

54. Iris says:

You don't look too worse for the wear. Sufjan is a member of my friend's church, not exactly the place to have a ultimate fan moment…

55. Jay says:

This is so cute! I would totally wear this to class, comfy and chic :)

commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

56. Katie says:

Thats a great deal on the blazer!

10.21.10 · Reply
  57. Your morning face might be even worse than mine. Wait, no. Mine's worse.

I love love love the scarf and shoes though!

10.21.10 · Reply
  58. I love Sufjan! He's coming here First of November, but I'm too broke to go and it makes me sad! So I'm glad you were able to enjoy it

59. Apple says:

You shot guns? So random and funny.

Modest Apple — A Fashion Blog

10.21.10 · Reply
  60. Great pictures and I like your blog! It's such a good idea too write the items in the picture. :) Hope you will become a follower of my blog too?

10.21.10 · Reply
  61. Nicely done with the blazer find, but even more nicely done going to see Sufjan. He's playing in NYC in a few weeks and I'm really hoping we can make it because I've never seen him perform before! I'm glad you say it was amazing, though I had no doubt.

62. amber says:

i have these shoes in black, but you make me feel like i should get red too! they always look so good :)

63. Brittany says:

Thanks for posting the links to the clothes :-) oh and i love this outfit!

64. angie says:

I really like the way you wrapped your scarf.It makes the outfit.You are such a bad influence. Not about the jacket, about the pumps.I'll get myself a pair.

10.21.10 · Reply
  65. Haha you're so right about morning face! We thought that it would be a fabulous idea to take pictures during our morning commute for our very first blog post… we quickly learned otherwise. Your eyes aren't awake until you've had your first cup of coffee!

66. Samantha says:

Love this outfit. The scarf and pumps add such lovely pops of color!

-Samantha

67. Sal says:

I am SALIVATING over that scarf.

And I suggest a morning face contest. I can out goon you any day.

10.21.10 · Reply
  68. Kind of the perfect work outfit!

69. Lauren says:

Love Sufjan Stevens – I'm sure that was an amazing concert!!

I also am in love with the fact that you paired two scarves together – that is brilliant, and I hope you will not mind when I try it out myself :) You help inspire a lot of my outfits!!

Small Time Style

70. Rocio says:

Love the jacket, looks so comfy!

10.21.10 · Reply
  71. LOVE Sufjan. I like you alot too, and this outfit… but Sufjan, I love. Next time, you might take me as an accessory. just a thought. :)

72. Janni says:

Wow Kendi, you're international… no pressure! lol! You deserve to be with your cute sense of style and HILARIOUS blog writings. :)

Super cute outfit! I just got my FIRST scarf yesterday. Can you believe it?? I'm about 2 years behind, but oh well. I'm excited none-the-less. Its got several colors which is perfect so I can mix and match. I just found a good blog on "how to" tie a scarf. Found one that I REALLY liked that looks like a semi french braid, but not really. I'll send you the link if you like.

So anyway, this is long enough. Sorry to ramble. 😉

10.21.10 · Reply
  73. I don't know how you do it, find a way to write a funny post about everything. My hat's off to you.

74. kskeen27 says:

Janni — I'm gonna need that link pronto!!

Sal — I'll have a Morning Face off any day of the week. Except Sunday. I reserve Sunday's for sleeping in.

10.21.10 · Reply
  75. I'm seeing Sufjan on Tuesday! So terribly excited.

76. Juliana says:

You funny lah Kendi! I like you. Can we be friends?

77. Janni says:

Here you go! http://onechicmama.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-wear-scarf.html

There is a video tutorial on the side. :) I have never known how to properly wear a scarf, until now!

78. Dahye says:

Kendi,
    you crack me up
    I love your sense of style AND humor!
    Keep up the amazing work!

– Dahye

10.21.10 · Reply
  79. I'm really loving everything from LOFT this season! I got a bunch of their stuff for my work outfits recently!

10.22.10 · Reply
  80. I, too, love that scarf. I got mine for five dollars during the Columbus Day sale. Actually, I'm interested in how you tie that. Me, I tie it in bow ties and chiffon knots as seen on the Liberty of London YouTube channel; which I do love but always on the look out for new ways to tie it up.

10.22.10 · Reply
  81. I'm sure Sufjan was very grateful. he couldn't have done it without you and your awesomeness.

10.22.10 · Reply
  82. Thank you for Morning Face tm!

10.22.10 · Reply
  83. MJ says:

Have I told you those shoes are the most brilliant color in the world?

10.22.10 · Reply
  84. beth says:

oooh I like this. the shoes are incredible and so is the scarf!

10.25.10 · Reply
  85. Bridget says:

How did you tie your scarf????

10.26.10 · Reply
  86. Maria says:

Very excited to report that my in-laws gave me this exact blazer for Christmas today, and I LOVE it! It's so soft & comfortable – I can't wait to wear it. :)

12.25.10 · Reply