big and tall

4.29.10words
4.29.10
4.29.10
4.29.10
4.29.10
4.29.10
I think that I’m getting bigger. Not fatter (well maybe a little) just bigger in general. My desk at work feels like it’s getting smaller and smaller. My legs keep falling asleep because I have to fold them up to fit underneath. I kept hitting my head while getting in and out of my car. I heard a young child whisper “Sasquatch” to her mother and then started to cry.
And then today in the mail I got a postcard notifying me that a local retailer in my area will be carrying larger shoe sizes for women. It’s official — I’m a giant. And apparently everyone knows it and I’m just now figuring it out. It’s just like that movie The Truman Show, except I’m not Jim Carey and there aren’t camera’s following me. Or are there…
Paranoia aside, can we officially start a count down now? 3 more outfits and 1 more day until my shopping ban is lifted. I’m already fake shopping online. I’ve got shopping carts full all over the internet. Truth is, I never stopped. (except for at work, because that’s wrong, right…?)

1. Britty says:

i love the dress alot the belt goes great with the dress

04.30.10 · Reply
  2. I love the layering of this outfit. Looks great!

04.30.10 · Reply
  3. omg lOL! You crack me up! How tall are you?

4. sharonlei says:

You have the best posts! I love fake shopping on the internet.. but today I actually did some real shopping on the internet!

xx Love & Aloha

04.30.10 · Reply
  5. I've been doing the virtual shopping thing too! Can't wait for the weekend.

04.30.10 · Reply
  6. cute dress. I love how you've worn it with the top underneath, thats a good idea because strapless tops never stay up on me.

I'm excited for you to be able to go shopping again :D! I'm going shopping tomorrow, yay.

7. Monique says:

You're so close! I love this challenge though, you keep creating great outfits! Love this dress.

04.30.10 · Reply
  8. Oh, the shopping cart loads I have. It's depressing actually. You've done so well with your 30/30 project! I love how you've layered this look!

9. Jamie says:

love the field!
    i also love how you gave the dress a twist :)

10. Sal says:

You're larger than life, you are.

And inspiring me to take my one strapless dress out of the closet and LAYER it!

04.30.10 · Reply
  11. I love how you make this work with the tank, and that dress is perfection on you. And I am sorry we forgot to tell you you are becoming a giant.

12. celine says:

I don't have a shopping ban (although I should) and I too have carts full all over the internet. It's bad, it's just so easy to click "place order".

13. anna says:

ha ha! i have full shopping carts all over the internet! what i want to know is what you are going to wear on your first day back!!?

14. amanda says:

you look adorable! so glad that your shopping ban is almost over. gosh, you have so much willpower.
    and the story about your desk reminded me of that episode of 'the office' when jim keeps steadily adding weight to dwight's phone so he doesn't notice it. over time he just gets used to having to pick up the extra weight of the phone and when jim takes all the stuff out of the phone, dwight hits himself in the face when he picks it up to answer it. so funny.

15. Vanessa says:

Hah, I'm sure you're just feeling SUPER confident, which makes you seem larger…or something. Cute outfit!

16. Ashley J says:

Those are pretty pictures!! I cannot believe you have almost completed your mission!!!

17. Christina says:

I was just thinking how excited you must be… Turns out I was right! I'm sure Target is excited to see your pretty face again!

18. Clare says:

I laughed out loud at the title of your post, and was then thrilled that the post was actually about getting bigger/taller.

And I am SERIOUSLY loving this outfit. Three to go!

04.30.10 · Reply
  19. I love the idea of throwing a strapless dress over a plain tank and cinching it with a belt. So perfect for spring. You just keep amazing me with what you're pulling out of your 30 in 30 challenge! :)

05.01.10 · Reply
  20. not only do you have great style, but you entertain and make me laugh everyday! :)

05.01.10 · Reply
  21. kskeen27 says:

Amber — I'm 5'9". So tall-ish but not freakishly tall.

PS is it weird that I'm commenting on my own post? This feels unnatural.

05.01.10 · Reply
  22. OMg 5'9!!! That is TALL!I am only 5'6 and I thought I was okay.

LOl I post on my on posts all the time, natural I am 😉

05.01.10 · Reply
  23. Kir says:

Now I feel very short. I'm barely 5'3" xD
    I always wonder how tall bloggers are, it's hard to tell from just pictures. Plus most of them wear heels. For instance, I've always wondered how tall Rhiannon of Liebemarlene is.

I love your outfit. Congrats on almost being done! I could never have done it. And thank you again for my daily laugh. ;D

05.01.10 · Reply
  24. Diana says:

That dress is gorgeous! I love how you layered it.

05.01.10 · Reply
  25. amy says:

I know I tell you this constantly, but you look amazing! That second shot is ridiculous.

05.01.10 · Reply
  26. agathnele says:

Fabulous article and very interesting outfits.
    For such appealing backless dresses, Bye Bra breast stickers are the most
    suitable breast shaper. Do you know it? http://byebra.com

10.05.14 · Reply