a walk in the park

3.18.10blog
3.18.10
3.18.10
3.18.10
3.18.10
3.18.10
You guys I’m having major writer’s block. I have no idea what to write about. I’ve been staring at my computer through two episodes of Lost and The Office and nothing. I’ve got nothing. I knew this day would come. And when it did I knew that I would need a back up plan. So I put all sorts of topics into a hat so that I could draw a topic and write about it. So, here goes. I’m drawing out a topic. Drumroll please. And the topic to write about is… what I wore today. How appropriate.

Remember that blue plaid shirt that I had to fight for from American Eagle? Well I picked up this pretty little dress there as well. I didn’t have to punch anyone as the only sizes left in this dress were not pre-teen or hot cougar mom friendly. But they were Kendi friendly so score for being larger than a 14 year old. I knew these hips would come in handy one day. (I think I just heard my mother-in-law say that they are for birthing babies, too.) I fell in love with the print of this dress and the nice springy colors. It is just perfect for a day like today. I believe it got up to 72 degrees here. Spring is here and I couldn’t be happier.
I wore a blazer over this to work today, if you were wondering. If you weren’t, then I guess that was an information overload for you and I apologize. I also forgot to brush my teeth today and I didn’t wash my hair. Still a TMI? Geez, you all are hard to please.

1. Clare says:

You've got to be freaking kidding me. A strapless dress in March? I'm SO FLIPPING JEALOUS.

You look beautiful!

2. Jenni says:

this dress looks so wonderful on you! And I love the belt with it. and the addition of the scarf!

03.19.10 · Reply
  3. I love the pattern of your dress, and so cute that it has pockets!
    Don't worry about writer's block — this was still very entertaining to read!

03.19.10 · Reply
  4. This outfit is right on the money as a great way to transition your clothing. I wish we had gotten to see the blazer too!

5. amy says:

I love this dress and I must agree w/ Sidewalk Chalk that the pockets make it even cuter! Not long ago I was thinking of taking several of my favorite dresses to the tailor to see if they could add pockets. Do they do that?

6. Elizabeth says:

Ah, I love this dress on you too! I also bought it, although I haven't worn it yet (other than for a picture on my blog). I love it with the belt.

03.19.10 · Reply
  7. Love this dress. All memories of logo tees and 14-year-old awkwardness aside, American Eagle has some really pretty things sometimes. I have a dress from there that I wear often, and I love their jewelry.

03.19.10 · Reply
  8. The dress is great, but I especially love it with the "cognac" accents (boots, belt). And the sunnies.

Also, loving the hair. I love the bangs + high bun combo. So chic!

9. TiFF TuMS says:

wow, you'd never expect to see such a lovely find from AE!

03.19.10 · Reply
  10. I actually WAS wondering how you'd worn that to your 9-to-5, and am curious to see the jacket, but don't feel like I missed out because I didn't see it. The dress is darling, the scarf and boots are perfect accessories for it.

03.19.10 · Reply
  11. Very pretty dress. Your blog makes me smile.

03.19.10 · Reply
  12. I just need you to know that anytime I go to a store where there might be a belt, I go to the rack looking for "one like Kendi wears"- I am of course talking about this belt.

I also second everyone with the wonderfulness that is this dress. so perfect.

03.19.10 · Reply
  13. I love this dress! Also I love the flower tights you wore in your post "this old house," after seeing those I had my husband and babies out till 11 p.m. one night searching for a pair (without any luck) in our small town in Arkansas. Love your blog!

Alicia

03.19.10 · Reply
  14. i have a gift card for american eagle and your posts these past couple of days have made me want to spend it on something other than jeans ๐Ÿ™‚

sooo cute.

03.19.10 · Reply
  15. This is my first time visiting your blog. I love it! Your dress is super cute and those boots are great ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the scarf!

16. bunnyhead says:

You look awesome! Very cute ๐Ÿ™‚

AE is my daughters favorite store (she's 12).

17. Kathryn says:

I saw that dress in the window of American eagle and was intrigued but figured it would never fit. But being neither a cougar or 14 I might be able to find one. I think I'll try this afternoon!

18. Lexie says:

i looove the steve madden boots + bare legs! so cute.

19. tywo says:

Gorgeous!

03.19.10 · Reply
  20. This dress is so pretty. I love the colour. I love how you've teamed bare shoulder with boots such a sweet look:)

21. love this get-up!

i would have never guessed that dress was from AE (which is a good thing!)

๐Ÿ™‚

03.19.10 · Reply
  22. No hair wash here today either. Thank you ponytail! And you got that dress at AE? Insanity! It's so much more adorable than their stuff usually is!

03.19.10 · Reply
  23. I love that dress and the way you styled it.. absolutely lovely!! I can't wait until we get warm weather and I can go bare legged.

24. amanda says:

um, so totally cute! i tend to over look american eagle because i feel so self conscious when i walk in there. like they might i.d. me and say 'sorry ma'am, but you'll have to exit the store. you are too old to shop here.' i feel that way about hollister and abercrombie too. well except i am too old to shop there because it is much too loud and i can hardly hear myself think in there! anyway, you make the clothes look super cool and adult friendly:)

25. M. says:

that dress looks great on you, I'm so surprised it's from American Eagle, I would have never guessed!

lovelove, M.

26. This dress is just uber gorgeous on you! Loveeeee it! ๐Ÿ™‚

27. love how rustic this looks! GREAT dress findddd ๐Ÿ˜‰

xo, Kim http://www.crowded-closet.com

28. Ashley says:

Love this!

29. Kristel says:

Love this look. The floral dress with the boots/knee socks is perfect.

30. heather says:

you look absolutely lovely. i'm so glad spring is here!

becauseicantgonaked.blogspot.com

03.19.10 · Reply
  31. as a floral aficionado, i love the pattern/print of this dress. and the sweetheart neckline is such a flattering cut. HORRAY for us being larger than 14-year olds. when I was 14, i was jumping on my bed, singing to nโ€™sync songs, while wearing noxema and dreaming that iโ€™d marry lance bass. TMI? oh wellโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™‚

xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

32. elsbro says:

I really really love your style. Very lovely ๐Ÿ™‚

33. Kendra says:

LOVE this dress! Which is good since I just bought it last week! LOL I tried it on weeks ago in the store with my best friend and after that I couldn't stop thinking about how well it fit and the awesome pattern, so last week I went online and scooped it up for $20 with sale and coupon. I haven't worn it yet, so thanks for the awesome inspiration!!

34. Kyla says:

This looks awesome! And I'm a big fan of TMI – both giving and receiving it. I often times forget to put on deodorant. But forgetting to brush your teeth is the worst! Thank goodness for gum!

P.S. I can't remember the last time I washed my hair. I'm sure it was sometime over the weekend. Hmmmm…

03.19.10 · Reply
  35. i can't lie – it is SO WEIRD to see someone wearing a strapless dress already. my first reaction was, "she looks nekkit!" haha. i wore a tank under my cardigan today and when i took it off i felt like a stripper.

all that to say… YAY. SPRING.

and i've probably told you this before but i have those boots and every time i wear them it's so hard to resist petting them in public, they're so beautiful and comfortable.

36. Mel says:

That floral dress is stunning, I love the color! The boots are lovely too!

03.20.10 · Reply
  37. piglet says:

Adorable outfit! That dress is so super cute and I love those boots.

03.20.10 · Reply
  38. You are hilarious, I honestly look forward to your posts everyday.

I feel like if we lived in the same city we would be friends and have many silly jokes, is that weird?

-Christine

03.20.10 · Reply
  39. i love reading your blog seriously, you're so funny! i was in the worst mood before reading this and now i'm smiling ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for cheering me up ! ๐Ÿ˜€

03.20.10 · Reply
  40. Tex says:

SUPER cute. Love the entire look!

03.20.10 · Reply
  41. I really like the neutral cream scarf and sox ! I enjoy your funnies !

03.21.10 · Reply
  42. Regards,

After adding a few posts to my blog, I plan to blog search melakuakn few. Until I arrived at your blog. I find unique in this blog. Very interesting and provides new inspiration for the development of my blog. Stay and successful blogging.

Movie Is All Around

03.21.10 · Reply
  43. Shelby says:

what an adorable outfit. i love the belt and the boots, they make the outfit.

03.21.10 · Reply
  44. lizzy says:

I actually have this dress and love it!
    I was wondering though how you might wear it in colder weather? I am in desperate need of some fashion advice for this cute little dress!

03.21.10 · Reply
  45. Karen says:

just stumbled across your blog and i love it, the dress is really cute the whole outfit works really well together! x

03.21.10 · Reply
  46. S and O says:

that is such a cute dress!!!

Olivia

03.22.10 · Reply
  47. closet365 says:

Love everything about this look, including the weather!

p.s. I linked you in a recent post because you totally inspired me. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Keep up the good work!

03.22.10 · Reply
  48. Laura says:

Nice dress!

03.22.10 · Reply
  49. p.s. Don't forget to enter my Peruvian Feather Earring GIVEAWAY!!!! itssimplelove.blogspot.com

Rachael

03.22.10 · Reply
  50. I know how you feel, sometimes I just don't know what to write in my blog either!

I was scoping that dress on on ae.com the other week, still might get it even though you, cougar mom and the teens will be sportin it as well!

03.23.10 · Reply
  51. i likee that dresss. and i love it with the cream and brown accessories.

03.23.10 · Reply
  52. sharonlei says:

You've got to be kidding about the whole brushing your teeth right? I'll imagine that you typed "I forgot to brush my hair" instead. ๐Ÿ™‚ You look uber cute!!! Really, you do.

xx Love & Aloha

03.25.10 · Reply
  53. Kate says:

This dress looks beautiful on you! Love it with the belt!

03.27.10 · Reply